Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2 questions....
I thought I saw Zac state Carman would get the start at RG, but I don't remember him even getting in the game. Was he hurt?
And when does Free Agency start?
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 11:41 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I thought I saw Zac state Carman would get the start at RG, but I don't remember him even getting in the game. Was he hurt?

No clue on the 1st one. 

March 16th is when the new league year opens. I believe they can start negotiating on the 14th. 

Other important dates...

Franchise tag window opens the end of this month for two weeks.

Scouting Combine is March 1st -7th.
Reply/Quote
Saw that too. Weird.

FA starts March 16th. It’s a really fast turnaround time when you’re in the super bowl. Lol. It always get so long off before.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 11:41 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I thought I saw Zac state Carman would get the start at RG, but I don't remember him even getting in the game. Was he hurt?

I believe March 16th for Free Agency, not sure about Carman but 1st half the Oline played so well I could see why not make a change into 2nd half especially into 4th quarter just seems a bit late to bring someone cold off the bench,
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 11:50 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: I believe March 16th for Free Agency, not sure about Carman but 1st half the Oline played so well I could see why not make a change into 2nd half especially into 4th quarter just seems a bit late to bring someone cold off the bench,

I was thinking the opposite. Once Donald started taking over, why not put a fresh, more powerful Guard on him to wear him down. I guess he tweaked his back or something.
Reply/Quote

Identify and draft best Offensive Lineman available.  Identify and sign best FA lineman available.  2 of em in fact.

I wanna see how surgical Burrow can be with an outstanding line in front of him.

Im getting wendys breakfast.  Its gonna be fantastic. 
Being a Bengals fan is like being in love with a narcissist.  It's a brutal, emotionally abusive relationship but I never leave and just keep making excuses for them.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 11:54 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I was thinking the opposite. Once Donald started taking over, why not put a fresh, more powerful Guard on him to wear him down. I guess he tweaked his back or something.

This highlights something I'd like to see ZT improve upon next season.

ZT convinced me he's able to make halftime adjustments.  I'd like to see him make adjustments DURING the half now.  It was clear the 1st half plan wasn't working in the 2nd half but I'm not sure I saw any adjustments.  
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 11:58 AM)basballguy Wrote: This highlights something I'd like to see ZT improve upon next season.

ZT convinced me he's able to make halftime adjustments.  I'd like to see him make adjustments DURING the half now.  It was clear the 1st half plan wasn't working in the 2nd half but I'm not sure I saw any adjustments.  

Marv was on the sidelines in the background taking over the play-calling on offense.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
I think it was maybe gamesmanship. As one of my good buddies used to always say, I 'uncorrectly' said CJ was not going to play and it was all gamesmanship to make the Rams prepare for him . . . totally missed that one.

I guess this was a way of making the Rams think they had a Rookie starting at RG.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 11:58 AM)basballguy Wrote: This highlights something I'd like to see ZT improve upon next season.

This is what happens when you take the best D-line in the league and put it up against one of the bottom 10 o-lines in the league.  No matter what you do, you're going to lose those battles.  It's no different than our WRs vs. average/good secondaries.  They may slow our guys down for a little bit but eventually they will make plays.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 12:33 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: This is what happens when you take the best D-line in the league and put it up against one of the bottom 10 o-lines in the league.  No matter what you do, you're going to lose those battles.  It's no different than our WRs vs. average/good secondaries.  They may slow our guys down for a little bit but eventually they will make plays.

So you do nothing instead?  I'm not sure I agree if that's what you're implying.  I would like to see a coach recognize failures and make adjustments to see if different looks can work.  

All i'm saying is i didn't notice any adjustments being made after the half.  
Reply/Quote
This might not be a popular opinion but the best thing the front office can due is admit Carmen isn’t the answer at RG and sign a veteran in free agency. The Bengals window is open and they can’t assume Carmen going to step up next season.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 12:40 PM)Webbtown Wrote: This might not be a popular opinion but the best thing the front office can due is admit Carmen isn’t the answer at RG and sign a veteran in free agency. The Bengals window is open and they can’t assume Carmen going to step up next season.

Really, seriously, you are going to give up on a rookie who transitioned to a different position and has been fighting back issues? I'm all for signing vets, but it's way too early to be giving up on Carman. Overeaction.
Reply/Quote
Worst thing is that if he had a little more time Chase was open down the sideline (as someone stated in another thread). I read something in espn that said the same thing. Frustrating that if they could have held up for just a second longer they may have won the SB.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 01:14 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Really, seriously, you are going to give up on a rookie who transitioned to a different position and has been fighting back issues? I'm all for signing vets, but it's way too early to be giving up on Carman. Overeaction.

You don't have to give up on Carman to realize that signing A List starter quality Free Agent RG and RT are a MUST. Adeniji needs to be cut. Carman can then be groomed behind reliable players. 
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 01:21 PM)Joelist Wrote: You don't have to give up on Carman to realize that signing A List starter quality Free Agent RG and RT are a MUST. Adeniji needs to be cut. Carman can then be groomed behind reliable players. 

I think Carman gives you the ability to go after an older quality RG who may only have a couple years left versus if you had no future option you go for potentially a younger higher paid one. I don't think adding a RG is giving up on Carman but rather giving him a chance to figure out who he is. I know people here hate it but I actually would like to try him back at RT (still need a RT though short term). 
Reply/Quote
I actually think had Reiff not gotten hurt we do better.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 11:58 AM)Savagehenry54 Wrote: Identify and draft best Offensive Lineman available.  Identify and sign best FA lineman available.  2 of em in fact.

I wanna see how surgical Burrow can be with an outstanding line in front of him.

Im getting wendys breakfast.  Its gonna be fantastic. 

And package some picks to move up for said identified draft prospect lineman.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 12:36 PM)basballguy Wrote: So you do nothing instead?  I'm not sure I agree if that's what you're implying.  I would like to see a coach recognize failures and make adjustments to see if different looks can work.  

All i'm saying is i didn't notice any adjustments being made after the half.  

How do you know they didn't make any adjustments?  Donald can ruin a game just like that.  They were just that much better on the D-line.  
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 02:33 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: How do you know they didn't make any adjustments?  Donald can ruin a game just like that.  They were just that much better on the D-line.  

I literally said I don’t know if they made adjustments. It’s an opportunity for someone to chime in with examples of it being done. We can usually tell when adjustments are made.

You’re arguing for no reason
Reply/Quote