Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2 questions....
I thought I heard Lap on radio mentioned his back tightening up and that's why he didn't play, but I could have been half paying attention and missed part of what he was saying
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 11:41 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I thought I saw Zac state Carman would get the start at RG, but I don't remember him even getting in the game. Was he hurt?
And when does Free Agency start?
In his last presser before the game. Zac said he had seen enough out Carman for him to start. When asked if he would, he smirked and said "we'll see"
Carman had no snaps in the game not even in the heavy set

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
According to the Gamebook Carmen played zero snaps.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 12:40 PM)Webbtown Wrote: This might not be a popular opinion but the best thing the front office can due is admit Carmen isn’t the answer at RG and sign a veteran in free agency. The Bengals window is open and they can’t assume Carmen going to step up next season.

3 things in my opinion.

The FO cannot make this statement if Mike Brown forced this pick as has been suggested.
https://www.si.com/nfl/bengals/allbengals-insiders-plus/bengals-get-mike-browns-guy-an-inside-look-at-their-pursuit-of-jackson-carman

The FO cannot make this statement as it was them who chose to take an OT with a bad back over higher rated players and make him learn a new position.

The FO cannot make this statement as it wouldnt be good for morale, I think everyone knows what kind of player Carmen is today.  The question is what can he be next year and the year after?
Reply/Quote
One thing to take a look at is moving Carmen to left guard. It seemed that he played better on that side than he did on the right. That is the side he played on in college. He may be one of those people who cannot adjust to working opposite the way his brain functions. We will learn a lot about him when he reports to OTAs. Will he be in shape? Did he improve his strength especially in his legs? What did he do to improve his footwork?

Today is the day everyone meets with their coaches to get their offseason to-do lists. All those young linemen have major work to do this off-season both in technique and strengthening. Hopefully all of them will do the work needed

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 11:48 AM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Saw that too. Weird.

FA starts March 16th. It’s a really fast turnaround time when you’re in the super bowl. Lol. It always get so long off before.

Also just the Super Bowl getting later and later in the year.

This season: Feb 13th
Last season: Feb 7th
Previous season: Feb 2nd

But yeah, Bengals last game was Jan 3rd last season. Does make it much longer of a wait.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote