Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2 stats for why 2024 is huge for the Bengals
One could look at Bengals going to Super Bowl with 3rd year QB Burrow with a rookie WR coming off a very bad year has not happened much if at all.

My point is if you look hard enough, you can always find a negative, if you look hard enough, you can always find a positive.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(04-22-2024, 03:57 PM)Nately120 Wrote: This makes a lot of sense.  With that being said, I have absolutely no ability to picture ZT not being Burrow's coach for his entire time here, if not his entire career.  

That sounds about right. We have 16 years of recent experience to back that up. If it is the case and the Bengals don't win the SB this year, then Joe Burrow will retire never having won a single one, if Zac is here the entire time.

Something that has the opportunity to happen every single year, yet has never happened in 58 consecutive years is not a fad, chance or happenstance. It's that way for a reason. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(04-22-2024, 08:22 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Braelon Allen Sunset, Braelon Allen.  Cool

Joe Mixon averaged 6.7 and 6.8 ypc in his 2 years at OU. He was a first round talent, that fell for off field stuff. 

Allen, over the last 2 years, has averaged more than a full yard less and is on a good day, a 3rd round projection. 

What makes anyone think Allen will be more than a Mixon-lite, at best, in the NFL?

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(04-22-2024, 08:09 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Actually, I look for Chase Brown to get the majority share of RB snaps, like maybe a 60-40 split with Moss. And, you never know if the team might already have RB on their sights for this draft. A reliable rushing attack doesn't mean that they need to run 50% of the time, just be effective and reliable when they do run the ball. Part of that starts with showing that you're willing to line up and imposing your will by running the ball, there will be some games along the way that command that they do.

Even if they give Chase Brown a majority of the carries, is he someone who an offense can run through?
As much as I like him, I don't think he's shown to be that guy...at least not yet.
Sure, they could also draft someone, but is anyone expecting a RB to be taken early with all the other needs that exist? I'm not.
Maybe somewhere on Day 3 and the guy operates in a RBBC but that's it.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-22-2024, 09:27 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: And again, he didn't win a single playoff game in his final 13 years. Just 3 years shy of Marvin's 16 year streak without a playoff win. It wasn't ownership incompetency or impatience to fire him.

- - - -

Why should I encourage the Bengals to commit tampering? 

You've seemingly decided to make some real weird jumps in logic that you feel should be applied to my thoughts and my beliefs. You're starting to feel like you're not actually interested in talking to me here and are drifting towards instead making imaginary stances for me and then arguing against the stances you invented for me. I'm not needed for that if you just want to point and counterpoint yourself, so have a good one.

And again, Bengals Ownership may show more patience with Zac than the Chargers showed when they Fired Marty after Marty went 14 and 2, 

thus giving Zac those extra chances he & Burrow may need to break that past 5 years together barrier.

*Since 2024 is Zac's last chance per your reasoning due to the insurmountable 5 years together Coach & QB barrier, let's turn our focus to

the upcoming Draft & hope that the right players get selected to help Zac & Burrow win it all in 2024.

Should Zac & Burrow not win it all during the 2024 season, I would like to see Zac come back for year 6 and maybe 7 with Burrow 

to hit the rock with the egg a few more times and the Bengals may just let him try it when other Organizations may not remain that patient.

Reply/Quote
(04-22-2024, 10:13 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: That sounds about right. We have 16 years of recent experience to back that up. If it is the case and the Bengals don't win the SB this year, then Joe Burrow will retire never having won a single one, if Zac is here the entire time.

Something that has the opportunity to happen every single year, yet has never happened in 58 consecutive years is not a fad, chance or happenstance. It's that way for a reason. 
faulk speaks truth here. bengal ownership is up in $$$ they'll mess it up.
Reply/Quote
There tendencies and forces that push things in a direction, but nothing is guaranteed. No coach/QB combo has won their first SB later than their 5th year together *yet*.

That said, I think it is healthy to at least be open to changes depending on how things go in the near future.

Reply/Quote