Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
20-17, could be no playoffs for Steelers
(12-27-2015, 06:21 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: If the Jets beat the Bills next week, the Steelers get to wait 8 months to play another game.

Here's hoping.

Lock up your daughters. Idle hands will keep the hush money flowing. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2015, 06:22 PM)Captain Obvious Wrote: Well hopefully your Bengals have better luck against the Ravens than the Steelers did.

Not easy to say the words you spoke as a fan of a division rival, so hats off to you. Especially when adding your first comment about rooting for the Bengals if the Steelers don't get in.
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2015, 06:22 PM)Captain Obvious Wrote: Well hopefully your Bengals have better luck against the Ravens than the Steelers did.

Luck had nothing to do with the Ravens spanking your Steelers
They were outplayed and outcoached
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2015, 06:25 PM)masterpanthera_t Wrote: Not easy to say the words you spoke as a fan of a division rival, so hats off to you.  Especially when adding your first comment about rooting for the Bengals if the Steelers don't get in.

He's going the pious route.  It's a great bit, but don't let it fool you. If they miss the playoffs next year, he'll find a new #1 team and turn his back on the steelers just like he did on the team his daddy rooted for. 
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2015, 06:24 PM)Beaker Wrote: Right now I'd rather have the same luck the steelers had against denver.

Yes I bet. I couldn't believe when they were down by 17 points at the half, that they could make that huge comeback. I thought for sure that the Ravens would be a cakewalk after that game. I guess the Steelers players were thinking like me and completely overlooked the Ravens.
Reply/Quote
I imagine the bungals chance of winning a playoff game just dropped dramatically....if Marv and Tomlin squared off, SOMEONE would have had to win a playoff game
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2015, 06:25 PM)masterpanthera_t Wrote: Not easy to say the words you spoke as a fan of a division rival, so hats off to you.  Especially when adding your first comment about rooting for the Bengals if the Steelers don't get in.

Thanks, and no it's not easy. I hate watching the playoffs when the Steelers aren't in it, but I love seeing teams win that haven't won it before. I hate seeing the same teams in it unless it's the Steelers of course, so I always root for the underdog after the Steelers have been eliminated.

(12-27-2015, 06:26 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Luck had nothing to do with the Ravens spanking your Steelers
They were outplayed and outcoached

Yes they were, but that was why I said I hope the Bengals have better luck against them than the Steelers did. The Steelers overlooked them and paid for it. 

(12-27-2015, 06:28 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: He's going the pious route.  It's a great bit, but don't let it fool you. If they miss the playoffs next year, he'll find a new #1 team and turn his back on the steelers just like he did on the team his daddy rooted for. 

I've always been a supporter for the Bengals in the playoffs if the Steelers weren't in it. I've been a member of the Bengals board for 10 years and always been a Steelers fan. I'm not going to jump ship anytime soon. As for the father remark, I'm just going to ignore that since my father passed away this year and he hated football.
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2015, 06:11 PM)6andcounting Wrote: Even though we had Ben this game, the first ravens lost is still the worse of the 2 losses. Tomlin just gave that game away. That, and Scobee.

So, is that like taking a spoonful of honey with your castor oil??

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2015, 06:41 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: I imagine the bungals chance of winning a playoff game just dropped dramatically....if Marv and Tomlin squared off, SOMEONE would have had to win a playoff game

I can see this game now....

Tomlin runs a failed fake field goal that gets picked returned to the 10.

Dalton throws a screen pass to Tuitt and gets stomped out on the tackle.

Steelers complete a wide open pass to Heath for 30 yard gain. Lewis randomly challenges the catch and loses.

Ben calls a TO on 3rd and 4 to avoid delay of game, and out of the TO it's chucked uncompleted to double covered Brown while Miller was wide open for the first. Punt.

Mitchell makes a clean hit to knock the first down pass incomplete and 8 threads pop up here about how dirty he is. On second down, Blake gives a 20 yard cushion to Green and still gets burned for an 80 yard TD.

Steelers march 75 yards on the next drive and settle for a FG.

End of the first half.
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2015, 06:43 PM)Captain Obvious Wrote: I've always been a supporter for the Bengals in the playoffs if the Steelers weren't in it. I've been a member of the Bengals board for 10 years and always been a Steelers fan. I'm not going to jump ship anytime soon. As for the father remark, I'm just going to ignore that since my father passed away this year and he hated football.

Sorry to hear about your father.  Obviously a blind analogy that you may not fall into, but many of your ilk certainly do.  
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2015, 06:59 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: Sorry to hear about your father.  Obviously a blind analogy that you may not fall into, but many of your ilk certainly do.  

Thanks, he was 70 years old and died in January in a nursing home because he didn't want to live anymore since my brother was murdered last year. He refused to eat and his body shut down. He's in a better place now. I've been a fan of the Steelers since I was 5 years old when my grandmother would get me nothing but Steelers stuff for my birthday and Christmas. I do agree with your blind analogy though. I remember living here in South Central Pennsylavnia and back in the late 90's there were no Pats fans anywhere. Now you see them everywhere. I have a friend that is one of them kind. Every year he's rooting for a new team. I swear he liked every team at some point except for the Steelers.
Reply/Quote
The Tebow curse lives on
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Im just glad I may not have to hear the obligitory "Steelers are the team nobody wants to play in the playoffs." It may even be true, but no talking head could talk 5 seconds about the Steelers without saying it.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(12-27-2015, 07:28 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Im just glad I may not have to hear the obligitory "Steelers are the team nobody wants to play in the playoffs."  It may even be true, but no talking head could talk 5 seconds about the Steelers without saying it.

Talking heads are stupid.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2015, 07:29 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Talking heads are stupid.

They will now switch to the Jets are the team no one wants to play, until they lose to the Bills and get knocked out and Steelers back in
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2015, 07:15 PM)Captain Obvious Wrote: I swear he liked every team at some point except for the Steelers.

Good man
[Image: Defensewcm.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2015, 06:12 PM)Captain Obvious Wrote: Of course, and guess who started it? Not a Steelers fan. Everyone claims that all Steelers fans talk about is their 6 Super Bowl rings their team has, yet it's never the Steelers fans that bring it up. Come up with new material please.

There was someone on the old board (and may even be on this one) who's member name was Sixburgh, but, other than that, I agree that Steelers fans never talk about the rings because, when they talk about how horrible our history is and how amazing theirs is, they're probably talking about cheerleaders or something, not the rings.

Good call  ThumbsUp

Rock On
Reply/Quote
KC and Jets make it in. KC in the AFCCG. Calling it now.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(12-27-2015, 06:21 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: If the Jets beat the Bills next week, the Steelers get to wait 8 months to play another game.

Here's hoping.

Not sure this is true. Think they can get in if Denver loses out. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-27-2015, 09:20 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: KC and Jets make it in. KC in the AFCCG. Calling it now.

How do you like their chances against the Bengals in the game?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote