Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
20-17, could be no playoffs for Steelers
(12-27-2015, 06:21 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: If the Jets beat the Bills next week, the Steelers get to wait 8 months to play another game.

Here's hoping.

So you are hoping the Jets win.  ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2015, 07:28 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Im just glad I may not have to hear the obligitory "Steelers are the team nobody wants to play in the playoffs."  It may even be true, but no talking head could talk 5 seconds about the Steelers without saying it.

I think 12 playoff teams would have LOVED to play that team today.
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2015, 06:06 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Steelers, you had ONE job.  Win out versus decidedly weaker division opponents..

THAT's gonna leave a mark.

After that whaleshit game they don't deserve to make the playoffs.  Seriously, almost everyone involved should be effing ashamed of themselves.
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2015, 09:47 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: After that whaleshit game they don't deserve to make the playoffs.  Seriously, almost everyone involved should be effing ashamed of themselves.

At least they proved the first BAL loss wasn't a fluke Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2015, 09:24 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Not sure this is true. Think they can get in if Denver loses out. 

Yep. If Denver loses out and Pitt beats Cleveland...back to the #6 seed.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2015, 09:44 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: I think 12 playoff teams would have LOVED to play that team today.

Im up in Cleveland this week so I saw the Browns.  What the hell happened today?
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(12-27-2015, 09:26 PM)bfine32 Wrote: How do you like their chances against the Bengals in the game?

In my first projection for fun, I had the Bengals losing this week and being the 3rd seed. That means they host the Jets (i believe). I'm under the assumption that Andy isn't back, so I give it to the Jets who are hot right now.

Of course, they could be 2nd seed and have Andy ready for the Divisional Round. Either way, I like the Chiefs.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote

[Image: 10351884_719009058131347_577404275993949...e=5716225E]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2015, 11:37 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: ..

[Image: 10351884_719009058131347_577404275993949...e=5716225E]
Cool repost.
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2015, 11:19 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Im up in Cleveland this week so I saw the Browns.  What the hell happened today?

They were bad, Ben was far worse...and Tomlin, as usual, got horribly outcoached by Harbaugh.

Rolled out the same 'D' in the first half that got torched by Osweiler in the first half last week.  Only this time they decided to run the ball a whole lot more.  A game plan Tomlin must have written on a napkin while drunk on eggnog.
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2015, 11:36 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: In my first projection for fun, I had the Bengals losing this week and being the 3rd seed. That means they host the Jets (i believe). I'm under the assumption that Andy isn't back, so I give it to the Jets who are hot right now.

Of course, they could be 2nd seed and have Andy ready for the Divisional Round. Either way, I like the Chiefs.

You also predicted the Ravens would win the division with 11 wins Hilarious  Hilarious
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2015, 12:16 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: You also predicted the Ravens would win the division with 11 wins Hilarious  Hilarious

It was a good prediction at the start of the season considering how talented the offense is, though not as bold as the experts who said Super Bowl bound.

I'm not embarrassed with that. It's not like I said that the Ravens did an awful job managing their cap space and then said they should have paid their #3 pass rusher as much as their #1 and #2 make combined. That would be an embarrassing thing to say if I wanted to pretend like I knew even a small amount about football. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(12-27-2015, 09:31 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: So you are hoping the Jets win.  ThumbsUp

If that keeps the Steelers out of the playoffs? Yes.

I don't want to see them in the playoffs for 3 reasons:

The Bengals have "little brother syndrome" when it comes to Pittsburgh.
The Steelers are surging (well, other than a loss to the horrid Ravens)
I hate Cincinnati based Steelers fans, and I enjoy seeing them around town knowing that they're having a rough go with things.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(12-27-2015, 06:12 PM)Captain Obvious Wrote: Of course, and guess who started it? Not a Steelers fan. Everyone claims that all Steelers fans talk about is their 6 Super Bowl rings their team has, yet it's never the Steelers fans that bring it up. Come up with new material please.

And there's also someone IN THIS THREAD whose blog name is 6andCounting!!!!

You're right, though........  he's probably a Browns fan  ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2015, 08:44 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: And there's also someone IN THIS THREAD whose blog name is 6andCounting!!!!

You're right, though........  he's probably a Browns fan  ThumbsUp

In which thread?

LOL
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Why did they stop running the ball? I think Williams had like 80 yards in the 1st quarter alone.
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2015, 06:06 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Steelers, you had ONE job.  Win out versus decidedly weaker division opponents..

THAT's gonna leave a mark.

Losing to the Stains next week will leave a mark.
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2015, 09:40 AM)Vlad Wrote: Losing to the Stains next week will leave a mark.

Losing to the ravens this week left a mark:

[Image: Raven_steelers10.GIF]
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2015, 01:31 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: It was a good prediction at the start of the season considering how talented the offense is, though not as bold as the experts who said Super Bowl bound.

I'm not embarrassed with that. It's not like I said that the Ravens did an awful job managing their cap space and then said they should have paid their #3 pass rusher as much as their #1 and #2 make combined. That would be an embarrassing thing to say if I wanted to pretend like I knew even a small amount about football. 

It is funny you fail to mention my 7 win prediction. I made it with the experts, talking heads, and Ravens fans confident a title was within in their reach. I made it based on a depleted roster the past few years due to poor cap management by Ozzie. Who was right again?

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2015, 11:32 AM)Beaker Wrote: Losing to the ravens this week left a mark:

[Image: Raven_steelers10.GIF]

The Ravens knocked them out of the payoffs in 2014 so we all knew Tomlin was going to unleash hell against them this year. Mellow  Hilarious

Reply/Quote