Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
20-21 League advice
Figured I'd start a thread where we can discuss the upcoming Fantasy Season and give each other some advice and insight.

I'm in a 10 man keeper (Standard Yahoo scoring) and I get to (must) keep 2. Pick 2 from the following and why:

Josh Jacobs
Joe Mixon
Alvin Kamara
De'Andre Hopkins
DK Metcalf
Hunter Henry
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-01-2020, 11:02 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Figured I'd start a thread where we can discuss the upcoming Fantasy Season and give each other some advice and insight.

I'm in a 10 man keeper (Standard Yahoo scoring) and I get to (must) keep 2. Pick 2 from the following and why:

Josh Jacobs
Joe Mixon
Alvin Kamara
De'Andre Hopkins
DK Metcalf
Hunter Henry

I figure the price tag is equal? I take Jacobs and Mixon. Both clear-cut workhorses, probably fed often, not endangered to be replaced, good lottery tickets to have imho.

Kamara can give you 5 points or 35, I am not a fan of that. Hopkins changed teams and that's always a danger, Henry is in a questionable QB situation, and Metcalf, well, yeah that would make a lot of sense to me too, but it's not that safe choice I usually prefer.

But I guess a reasonable case can be made for any ot those names. Except for Henry.
Reply/Quote
(08-01-2020, 11:26 AM)hollodero Wrote: I figure the price tag is equal? I take Jacobs and Mixon. Both clear-cut workhorses, probably fed often, not endangered to be replaced, good lottery tickets to have imho.

Kamara can give you 5 points or 35, I am not a fan of that. Hopkins changed teams and that's always a danger, Henry is in a questionable QB situation, and Metcalf, well, yeah that would make a lot of sense to me too, but it's not that safe choice I usually prefer.

But I guess a reasonable case can be made for any ot those names. Except for Henry.

I agree with this.  Those two are going to be pretty solid IMO.  I was tempted to say Mixon and Metcalf.  But Jacobs is a better choice I think.

Yeah, Henry wouldn't be considered a keeper to me.  
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2020, 01:14 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: I agree with this.  Those two are going to be pretty solid IMO.  I was tempted to say Mixon and Metcalf.  But Jacobs is a better choice I think.

Maybe a reasonable point could be made that it's better to have diversity within the keepers, as to be more flexible in the draft. Keeping two RBs might hence not be ideal.
I still go with the two RBs though, but only just.
Reply/Quote
Hey this is exactly what I’ve been looking for.

I’m in a 6 player keeper. I haven’t taken this seriously until this year despite this being year 4.

I need some advice.

I have

QB) Cousins, Tua

RB) Mixon (keeper), Devin Singletary and Edwards-Hellaire

WR) AJ, Boyd, Sammie Watkins, devonte Parker and these rookies, Reagor and Jefferson

TE) Ertz, Goedert and Hockenson.

I’m not going to win anything this year but I believe I can avoid last place (that’s where I finished last year).

So I’m trying to trade for Burrow but the guy ain’t budging because he wants Ertz and up until today, I haven’t wanted to trade him away because he’s my best player. BUT I can trade Ertz because I have his air- apparent who’s nipping at his heels, plus Hockenson and I can pick up CJ. At the end of the year I’d chose one to keep or go back to the drawing board at TE, but I think ONE of these guys will work out. I’d also have Tua § Joe plus those young receivers plus promising Backs. Problem is that it makes that guys team better this year by having Ertz but I believe it puts me in the best position for the next 5 years if I do it right.

What do you guys think?

I hope I explained it clearly

I’d like to go into this season with (16 players)

QB) joe, tua

RB) Mixon, Devin Singletary, Edwards-Hellaire

WR) Boyd, Parker, Reagor, Jefferson,

TE) Goedert, Hockenson, Uzameh

D) AZ/CIN

(Can get Tee Higgins if trade for burrow involves Ertz, which would land me Cam Akers who I’ve already confirmed I can trade for Tee)

So on paper this puts me in position to keep the best 3 Bengals of my choice (if these guys are even worth keeping lol) plus if half of the other skill position players work out, I’d be stacked for years just keeping 6.

Am I crazy?

I’d also drop one defense as the season progresses. I think AZ will surprise.

I don’t have a kicker yet lol.

I’d also pick up another QB after dropping a D to get me through the bye week, then drop that QB after one game, unless Tua is playing. Then I’d prolly just roll with him unless he’s proven terrible.
-That which we need most, will be found where we want to visit least.-
Reply/Quote
(08-23-2020, 01:01 AM)Dynnasti Wrote: Hey this is exactly what I’ve been looking for.

I’m in a 6 player keeper. I haven’t taken this seriously until this year despite this being year 4.

I need some advice.

I have

QB) Cousins, Tua

RB) Mixon (keeper), Devin Singletary and Edwards-Hellaire

WR) AJ, Boyd, Sammie Watkins, devonte Parker and these rookies, Reagor and Jefferson

TE) Ertz, Goedert and Hockenson.

I’m not going to win anything this year but I believe I can avoid last place (that’s where I finished last year).

So I’m trying to trade for Burrow but the guy ain’t budging because he wants Ertz and up until today, I haven’t wanted to trade him away because he’s my best player. BUT I can trade Ertz because I have his air- apparent who’s nipping at his heels, plus Hockenson and I can pick up CJ. At the end of the year I’d chose one to keep or go back to the drawing board at TE, but I think ONE of these guys will work out. I’d also have Tua § Joe plus those young receivers plus promising Backs. Problem is that it makes that guys team better this year by having Ertz but I believe it puts me in the best position for the next 5 years if I do it right.

What do you guys think?

I hope I explained it clearly

I’d like to go into this season with (16 players)

QB) joe, tua

RB) Mixon, Devin Singletary, Edwards-Hellaire

WR) Boyd, Parker, Reagor, Jefferson,

TE) Goedert, Hockenson, Uzameh

D) AZ/CIN

(Can get Tee Higgins if trade for burrow involves Ertz, which would land me Cam Akers who I’ve already confirmed I can trade for Tee)

So on paper this puts me in position to keep the best 3 Bengals of my choice (if these guys are even worth keeping lol) plus if half of the other skill position players work out, I’d be stacked for years just keeping 6.

Am I crazy?

I’d also drop one defense as the season progresses. I think AZ will surprise.

I don’t have a kicker yet lol.

I’d also pick up another QB after dropping a D to get me through the bye week, then drop that QB after one game, unless Tua is playing. Then I’d prolly just roll with him unless he’s proven terrible.

First off: I dig the homer in you but not a successful Fantasy strategy (unless you're a KC homer)

You trade Ertz for Burrow and you're well on your way to last place

If it's a 6 player league the HAS to be better options at QB than Tua/Cousins/Burrow. (DO NOT READ THE REST OF THIS IF YOU'RE IN THE BENGALS BOARD LEAGUE)  I think with the tools Denver gave Lock he's going to go off this year and for years to come. I'd take him over anything you mentioned

You seem in fairly good shape everywhere else; although I don't like having AJ/Boyd as your top 2. I'd see what I could do to get Sutton from Denver to "double dip" with Lock 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(08-23-2020, 10:53 AM)bfine32 Wrote: First off: I dig the homer in you but not a successful Fantasy strategy (unless you're a KC homer)

You trade Ertz for Burrow and you're well on your way to last place

If it's a 6 player league the HAS to be better options at QB than Tua/Cousins/Burrow. (DO NOT READ THE REST OF THIS IF YOU'RE IN THE BENGALS BOARD LEAGUE)  I think with the tools Denver gave Lock he's going to go off this year and for years to come. I'd take him over anything you mentioned

You seem in fairly good shape everywhere else; although I don't like having AJ/Boyd as your top 2. I'd see what I could do to get Sutton from Denver to "double dip" with Lock 

Hmm
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
QB- Stafford, Mayfield
RB- Mixon, Carson, Hunt, Breida
WR- Thomas, Godwin, M. Evans, Kupp, Woods, Green
TE- Goedert, Howard
K- Zane Gonzalez
DEF- Empty

Here is the thing Should I try to make a Blockbuster trade for one of the top RBs or keep the team the same?
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote