Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
20 years ago today
The Bengals had 14 yards net passing.

Also some other stuff happened

Reply/Quote
The full match is here if you want to re-live it.

Reply/Quote
I will never understand Cory Dillon not being in the Hall of Fame.

What he accomplished here was nothing short of amazing. He's got the numbers, and he's got a ring. When his career is given the proper context, he's arguably one of the best backs of the last 25 years.
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2020, 03:40 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: I will never understand Corey Dillon not being in the Hall of Fame.

The answer is simple:  He's a Bengal.  If Corey Dillon had spent more years in New England than in Cincinnati he would be a shoo-in for Canton on his first ballot.  The same goes for Ken Riley and Ken Anderson.  Anthony Munoz couldn't be denied but these other guys will.  I don't see Chad Johnson, AJ Green, or Geno Atkins making it into the Hall of Fame either.   
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I was on my honeymoon that day and the cashier on one of the shops we were in told me all about it when he found out we were Bengals fans.
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2020, 03:17 PM)TJHoushmandzadeh Wrote: The Bengals had 14 yards net passing.

In my opinion the greatest rushing performance ever. Way less carries than that other guy.
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2020, 03:40 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: I will never understand Cory Dillon not being in the Hall of Fame.

What he accomplished here was nothing short of amazing.  He's got the numbers, and he's got a ring.  When his career is given the proper context, he's arguably one of the best backs of the last 25 years.

What he did with that team was Herculean. Still my favorite Bengal.
Reply/Quote
Dillon not being in the HoF is a crime.

If Dillon had been drafted by any team other than the 90s Bengals and he would have been talked as not just a 1st Ballot HoFer but as one of the all-time great RBs.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
I had a debate with a coworker saying that he was better than Thurman Thomas who is in. He has very similar stats, but more tds by a good margin, and he did it with way way less talent around him before he went to the pats.
Reply/Quote
Best rushing performance in a game ever. The Broncos D wasn't even bad the rest of that season.

They just couldn't handle the Dillon Monster.
Reply/Quote
See what can happen when the line is opening holes. There wasn't 1 first cut in the backfield. Straight running down hill...

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote
Hell, I am still wrapping my head around that being 20 years ago. During that time, the Bengals were so bad, they were never on TV unless they played the Clowns, so I remembered listening to the game on the radio. Corey Dillon.....another one of the guys on the bad 90s Bengal teams that you would hear the announcers say over and over...."They have the talent to win, just cant seem to put it all together". It's deja vu all over again.....
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2020, 03:17 PM)TJHoushmandzadeh Wrote: The Bengals had 14 yards net passing.

That's right... Sgt. Pepper taught the band to play!
Reply/Quote
I wonder if Elway remembers this game vividly.
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2020, 08:11 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: I wonder if Elway remembers this game vividly.

Why would he?  He was already retired.
Reply/Quote
Imagine what Corey would do running against the 2019- 2020 Bengals defense... Probably go for a cool treefitty.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2020, 02:27 PM)jason Wrote: Imagine what Corey would do running against the 2019- 2020 Bengals defense... Probably go for a cool treefitty.

Are you implying that Corey is the Loch Ness Monster?
Reply/Quote
I wonder if him not making HOF was because of this:

Before his NFL career, Dillon was convicted twice for assaulting women, and as a juvenile was linked to drug dealing.
Dillon was arrested in March 1998 in Seattle for investigation of drunken driving. He was later charged with driving under the influence, negligent driving and driving with a suspended license. In June 1998, he pleaded guilty to lesser charges of negligent driving and driving with a suspended license.[10]
On August 26, 2000, Dillon allegedly hit his 23-year-old wife during an argument in a car while she was driving near the couple's home. His wife called police after they returned home. When officers arrived, they found Dillon's wife in front of the house, bleeding from the mouth. Dillon was in the driveway, police said. He was arrested for investigation of fourth-degree assault, a gross misdemeanor.[10]
Dillon was arrested on May 1, 2010 on suspicion of assaulting his wife during an argument at their Southern California home. According to the Los Angeles County sheriff's office, deputies went to Dillon's Calabasas home after his wife, Desiree Antoine-Dillon, called 911. The sheriff's office says the couple argued over a pending divorce and child custody issues and she had minor injuries. He was booked and released on $50,000 bail

Reply/Quote
(10-24-2020, 06:12 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I wonder if him not making HOF was because of this:

Before his NFL career, Dillon was convicted twice for assaulting women, and as a juvenile was linked to drug dealing.
Dillon was arrested in March 1998 in Seattle for investigation of drunken driving. He was later charged with driving under the influence, negligent driving and driving with a suspended license. In June 1998, he pleaded guilty to lesser charges of negligent driving and driving with a suspended license.[10]
On August 26, 2000, Dillon allegedly hit his 23-year-old wife during an argument in a car while she was driving near the couple's home. His wife called police after they returned home. When officers arrived, they found Dillon's wife in front of the house, bleeding from the mouth. Dillon was in the driveway, police said. He was arrested for investigation of fourth-degree assault, a gross misdemeanor.[10]
Dillon was arrested on May 1, 2010 on suspicion of assaulting his wife during an argument at their Southern California home. According to the Los Angeles County sheriff's office, deputies went to Dillon's Calabasas home after his wife, Desiree Antoine-Dillon, called 911. The sheriff's office says the couple argued over a pending divorce and child custody issues and she had minor injuries. He was booked and released on $50,000 bail

TO is in despite arrests before he was selected.

OJ is still in despite his legal issues since his induction.

The precedent is that legal issues are irrelevant.
Reply/Quote