Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Troy Blackburn is Against Re-Signing AJ!!!...
Probably. I mean, this has to be true given his statement on Kwon Alexander last year:

Bengals vice president Troy Blackburn explained: “He’s played one full year out of four. Good athlete and we’ve got coaches connected with him that talk positively about him. Does that make him a $14- 15 million a year guy? Wow. We hear everything the fans say. We understand it, we respect it, we process it. But remember. We have a finite set of options we can pursue

I mean, why wouldn't the same rules apply? Lets look at the tape just to be sure, and fair we aren't missing something...

Kwon (At time of comments)- Age 24. Played 46 of last 64 games, one year removed from Pro Browl.
AJ - Age - Age 32. Played 35 of last 64 games, two years removed from last Pro Bowl

Troy's quote was that never made it past the initial phone call with Alexander. And, according to him, why would they? The guy only played one full year in the last 4 (Note: One of those years he missed time due to PEDs and not injury).  That's just crazy to consider signing a guy like that for money like that.

So, do you think he's going nuts right now at Taylor and Tobin for entertaining such a ridiculous contract? He has to be, right?  Otherwise, he's either kinda stupid, or kinda a liar. Or both.

It almost reminds me of Tobin's comments on FA "The thing is you don't want to overpay"..
yet they have no problem throwing cautious to the wind and overpaying the frack out of their own guys.  Bobby Hart, Dre, Iloka, Gio's borderline charity contract...can't give those dollars away quick enough.

What say you? On a scale of 1-10 how pissed do you think Troy is we want AJ back?
I think that you are extrapolating way too much from a comment about a prospective free agent, from nearly a year ago.

Shame on you, for the misleading, sensationalist thread title.. Lame
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23