Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
2005 all over again
(01-04-2016, 01:28 AM)ShowMeUrTDs Wrote: I truly believe if they had the mid season Dalton, they would have a good chance, but would still have questions given the second half implosions in all of the previous playoff games. Without Dalton against the Stoolers, I believe they have little to no chance.

They can win, but I put it at 15% or less.

Marvin Lewis does not know how to properly prepare teams for big playoff games, and more importantly how to adjust game strategy at halftime. The head coach is responsible for game planning and setting the atmosphere for the players, he must up their tempo and will! I will be rooting for the 
Bengals,  do not get me wrong, I hate the Stoolers more than any team, but history is hard to ignore.

Man - it's pretty easy to tell what people are negative and which are positive. The overwhelming negativity around this place is just sickening. We get into the playoffs are people are already writing us off before the game is even played! Talk about quitting. I will be pissed off when/if they lose. Lets not count or eggs before they hatch!

Cheer up, man :-)
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
 [Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Yes it is. Lots of people ready to just plain give up. Why even play the game just go on and write down a Steelers win.

NOT......
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2016, 10:35 AM)masonbengals fan Wrote: Yes it is. Lots of people ready to just plain give up. Why even play the game just go on and write down a Steelers win.

NOT......

I wouldn't call it giving up.  I would call it not getting their hopes up.  Until we actually win a playoff game, people can understandably be concerned.  The loss hurts less if you don't expect to win.  I know, it's sad, but true 
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2016, 10:47 AM)Captain Happy Pants Wrote: I wouldn't call it giving up.  I would call it not getting their hopes up.  Until we actually win a playoff game, people can understandably be concerned.  The loss hurts less if you don't expect to win.  I know, it's sad, but true 

That's exactly how a coward/quitter talks. They not getting hopes up, being a realist, keeping it real, etc.
Reply/Quote
Call it what you want but it's a defeatist attitude.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2016, 11:04 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: In 2005 there was a fist fight at halftime after Carson went down .  This time the team rallied around AJM.  

Not even close to being like 2005.  Everyone makes out that the steelers are in the bengals heads.  The only heads the steelers are in are heads of bengals fans who continue to give them the power.     The team is fine and they aren't worried in the slightest, now some fans here are obviously scared and that's fine.   The world needs cowards I guess.

Agreed. A common saying is if youre scared for your team to play a certain team, your team doesn't belong in th playoffs.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2016, 10:51 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: That's exactly how a coward/quitter talks.   They not getting hopes up, being a realist, keeping it real, etc.

Uhhhh, excuse me?  This is how a dumbass talks folks
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2016, 10:54 AM)masonbengals fan Wrote: Call it what you want but it's a defeatist attitude.

When are you guys going to realize that what we think, as fans, has nothing to do with the outcome of the game?  You think the players think like we do?  They better not.  It's up to them to win the game.  Fans have every right to feel the way they do.  Especially after a 25 year playoff drought.  
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2016, 10:47 AM)Captain Happy Pants Wrote: I wouldn't call it giving up.  I would call it not getting their hopes up.  Until we actually win a playoff game, people can understandably be concerned.  The loss hurts less if you don't expect to win.  I know, it's sad, but true 

But hope is what makes following sports so fun :-)

If you don't have any hope, what's the point in following them? Just seems like a recipe for being constantly miserable because you don't want to be let down.

I mean I have my doubts of course, but I most certainly have hope they'll have more than a 0% chance of winning this game (seems to be the mood around here, for the most part). 
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2016, 10:54 AM)masonbengals fan Wrote: Call it what you want but it's a defeatist attitude.

Some might call it being a realist, until proven otherwise.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2016, 11:29 AM)Daddy-O Wrote: Some might call it being a realist, until proven otherwise.

How is it being a realist when it hasn't even happened? 
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2016, 11:13 AM)Captain Happy Pants Wrote: When are you guys going to realize that what we think, as fans, has nothing to do with the outcome of the game?  You think the players think like we do?  They better not.  It's up to them to win the game.  Fans have every right to feel the way they do.  Especially after a 25 year playoff drought.  

Never thought for a minute that our thoughts/feelings have any effect on the outcome of the game. I sure hope they don't. The fan attitudes on here most days are  somewhere between paranoid schizophrenic Shocked , defeatist  Cry , overconfident :nunchuck: .

And yes I'm included in that analysis. Rock On
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2016, 11:18 AM)Hoofhearted Wrote: But hope is what makes following sports so fun :-)

If you don't have any hope, what's the point in following them? Just seems like a recipe for being constantly miserable because you don't want to be let down.

I mean I have my doubts of course, but I most certainly have hope they'll have more than a 0% chance of winning this game (seems to be the mood around here, for the most part). 

Hope in one hand and crap in the other and see which one fills up first. LOL

And to all of you folks who are quoting "betting lines", etc. ... you do realize, right?, that "betting lines" are set so that Vegas, etc. eventually comes out with an equal amount of money bet on each team. There will be so many Squealer fans putting their $$$ on the Squealers that, IMHO, the "line" will eventually settle at "pick-em" at game time.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2016, 11:29 AM)Daddy-O Wrote: Some might call it being a realist, until proven otherwise.

A "realist" is what all cowards claim to be when they are scared.    Fortunately our team isnt filled with cowards.  

Being negative about the team takes more effort than being positive.   We are 12-4 despite several injuries.   We have a familiar opponent at home who is limping in here after laying two eggs.    If the. Clowns were even remotely competent then the Jets would be limping in here .

Best team since 1988. Enjoy it man . These don't come around often.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2016, 09:06 AM)BonnieBengal Wrote: Yes if that 05 team had this D, there would have been no stopping them.

Fwiw, this team scored the same amount of points even though their starting QB missed 4 games.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2016, 11:44 AM)PV Bengal Wrote: Hope in one hand and crap in the other and see which one fills up first. LOL

And to all of you folks who are quoting "betting lines", etc. ... you do realize, right?, that "betting lines" are set so that Vegas, etc. eventually comes out with an equal amount of money bet on each team. There will be so many Squealer fans putting their $$$ on the Squealers that, IMHO, the "line" will eventually settle at "pick-em" at game time.

Um, yeaaaaah. That's NOT how it would work.

If more money goes on Steelers then to entice more betting on the Bengals you give Cincy MORE points.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2016, 01:42 PM)Billy_Bengal Wrote: Um, yeaaaaah. That's NOT how it would work.

If more money goes on Steelers then to entice more betting on the Bengals you give Cincy MORE points.

Right now with that line the steelers is the sucker bet. Especially if we are practically healthy.... Or God forbid Andy trots out Willis Reed style lol

The williams injury is huge and will make a difference even if he plays gimpy. Also pacman does well against brown.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2016, 01:42 PM)Billy_Bengal Wrote: Um, yeaaaaah. That's NOT how it would work.

Billy --- Right now, the Bengals are 2.5 point UNDERDOGS. So more money on the Squealers will, as you correctly point out, force the oddsmakers give the Bengals more points, therefore driving the line closer to even.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2016, 11:31 AM)Hoofhearted Wrote: How is it being a realist when it hasn't even happened? 

No one has a crystal ball and can predict what's going to happen Saturday.  "Realists" are going strictly on the past.  I hope they're wrong, but I don't blame them for feeling that way.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2016, 10:51 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: That's exactly how a coward/quitter talks.   They not getting hopes up, being a realist, keeping it real, etc.

Oh you are calling people cowards now? Wow! I thought you were a reasonably senseable person from the gameday threads, but now I know!!

You wan't to know who are cowards? Cowards are people that, when presented with clear, convincing, and factual evidence of wrong doing or failure, REMAIN SILENT and DO NOTHING just "hope for the best." People like that are how oppression in life is allowed to succeed, "Oh..don't worry these bad things won't happen again," or "You are so negative, how can things change without you being positive about a bad situation?" Change comes when change is forced! Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again expecting different results.

The insanity of the Bengals organization is Marvin Lewis's 13 year career of failure against Pittsburg and in the playoffs. In 13 years, the time it takes a child to go from Kindergarten to Elementary school and Middle school through High School Graduation, Marvin Lewis's led Bengals have only beat Pittsburgh at home twice, two times, two days!!!! Can you not comprehend that???

The insanity of the Bengals with Marvin Lewis is expecting to win a playoff game when with mainly the same group of players they have lost the last four years straight! That's right in 4 years, an Olympiad, a U.S. President's term of office, the amount of time it takes to go through college and get a Bachelors degree, ZERO playoff wins in FOUR consecutive appearances!!! Marvin Lewis's Bengals have NEVER WON A PLAYOFF GAME 0-6!!! Can you not comprehend that???

While your attack on so-called "realist," may have merit on the negativity aspect, "realist" and speakers of the truth are certainly not cowards!!! Who are we scared of? You?? The Stoolers??? The Bengals Organization????

Normally I would wait until after the playoff loss to go on these tangets, and yes it is probably way to negative before the game is even played. What has me pissed off, especially right now is; this was an exceptional season by the Bengals and with a bye week on the line to give your starting QB an extra week to heal his thumb injury, and a 14-3 halftime lead against the Broncos for those things to happen, I see Marvin's conservative game strategy that resulted in all those previous failures get fully employed in the second half resulting in the biggest regular season loss in the last 25 years!!! Now they get no bye, perhaps not their starting QB back, and face a team he has beat only 15% percent of the time in his own stadium!!!!
Insanity is fans that blindly support in light of these clear failures!! Insanity is you!!!  Ninja Rock On
Reply/Quote