Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2008 - Whitworth and Henderson go at it
https://youtu.be/-pI4Y1T3li0

I remember this game well. We were 0-8 and finally got our first win of 2008. But more importantly this was the game where I fell in love with Whitworth. Henderson had been going after him all game. I remember a few times where Henderson would shove his hands under Whitworth's facemask, try to grab and toss him around the head and stomp at his feet. I was BEGGING for whit to crack that punk. We're 0-8, what difference does it make? Stand up for yourself... And he finally did. 

The second the announcers said there was a fight I knew it was whit and Henderson. Henderson is one of the strongest dudes in the game and Whitworth never backed down. I only wish Henderson lost his helmet, no doubt whit's punches would have messed him up
Reply/Quote
(06-09-2017, 03:37 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: https://youtu.be/-pI4Y1T3li0

I remember this game well. We were 0-8 and finally got our first win of 2008. But more importantly this was the game where I fell in love with Whitworth. Henderson had been going after him all game. I remember a few times where Henderson would shove his hands under Whitworth's facemask, try to grab and toss him around the head and stomp at his feet. I was BEGGING for whit to crack that punk. We're 0-8, what difference does it make? Stand up for yourself... And he finally did. 

The second the announcers said there was a fight I knew it was whit and Henderson. Henderson is one of the strongest dudes in the game and Whitworth never backed down. I only wish Henderson lost his helmet, no doubt whit's punches would have messed him up

Ha! I was there for that one.  I had a few Guiness' in me by that point.  I went as the sober driver, fully anticipating a beatdown, but Ced Benson came to play, and Fitzy had a good game, and......well......it was too good of a time to pass up!

Needless, to say, we stayed in Cincy that night, and called in drunk to work for Monday. Smirk

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
It was that moment that cemented Whit as a favorite for me.

Even better was when got tangled up with the Raiders a few years later.
Reply/Quote
(07-17-2017, 04:50 PM)CageTheBengal Wrote: It was that moment that cemented Whit as a favorite for me.

Even better was when got tangled up with the Raiders a few years later.

I loved his quote afterward about his commitment to his wife and his contract to protect Andy.  Hilarious
Reply/Quote
for some reason it wont play, really wanted to watch that too.
Reply/Quote
(07-18-2017, 10:14 AM)rezolve11 Wrote: I loved his quote afterward about his commitment to his wife and his contract to protect Andy.  Hilarious

Lol I remember that.

That's a awesome way to approach the position.

Whit's a beast. Tiger
Reply/Quote
(07-19-2017, 08:45 PM)Gohards Wrote: for some reason it wont play, really wanted to watch that too.

Yeah, look like YouTube took it down and terminated that guys channel. No surprise, YouTube cracks down on everything NFL sooner or later.  Whatever
Reply/Quote