Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2009 - 2010 All Over Again?
(10-14-2016, 05:02 PM)J24 Wrote: Owens killed our lockerroom chemistry to the point where the team could not focus anymore. Look at the final three games of that year where we beat the Chargers ( who were #1 in total offense and defense) , Browns, and we took a good Baltimore team to its limit all without TO. Also we should have played both Geno and Dunlap more that year.

Take a look at the schedule we faced in 2010 and please tell me what you think our record would have been if we just kept Laverneus Coles.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2016, 05:11 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Take a look at the schedule we faced in 2010 and please tell me what you think our record would have been if we just kept Laverneus Coles.

Well we did sweep the division the year before so that's 6 wins and then you add victories against Carolina, the chargers game that's at least 8.  Maybe your boy Carson doesn't force to many throws against the Bucs and we don't have a complete collapse against the bills. So I would say we had a realistic chance at 10 wins. More like 8 but still that team should have won more than 4.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2016, 02:16 AM)Bilbo Saggins Wrote: 2010 was also a year when the o-line looked inexplicably bad, but the problems were more numerous and severe.  Horrid pass blocking, two receivers that were shells of their former selves, a QB with no mobility, poor rb play(Benson fell off and Scott was never good), and an OC who had been figured out by the entire league.  The offense seemed like it was built to implode.  Even with the o-line woes, this year's team looks better than the 2010 team.  Bodine or Ogbuehi now > 2010 Nate Livings.  The guy was absolutely putrid.  

Yeah, i only liked the team cause they were my Bengals. That was a sad year to be a Bengals fan.

I like the players on this team a lot. Even if we only win 4 games which i am sure we will win atleast 7 atleast i love the team.

It is the coaches right now that are pissing me off, namely the one that love Nate Livings so much.
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2016, 05:30 PM)J24 Wrote: Well we did sweep the division the year before so that's 6 wins and then you add victories against Carolina, the chargers game that's at least 8.  Maybe your boy Carson doesn't force to many throws against the Bucs and we don't have a complete collapse against the bills. So I would say we had a realistic chance at 10 wins. More like 8 but still that team should have won more than 4.

Damn, so we went from probably sweeping the AFC champion Steelers in 2010 to getting swept by them because TO walked into the locker room?  Geez, his cancerous attitude must still be hiding in that locker room somewhere because we've managed to go 3-9 against them since he left town.

TO even made us suck against the Steelers BEFORE he showed up!  Amazin'
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2016, 05:42 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Damn, so we went from probably sweeping the AFC champion Steelers in 2010 to getting swept by them because TO walked into the locker room?  Geez, his cancerous attitude must still be hiding in that locker room somewhere because we've managed to go 3-9 against them since he left town.

TO even made us suck against the Steelers BEFORE he showed up!  Amazin'

To be fair TO did run a lot of bad routes that resulted in picks for Palmer..

You would think with less interceptions we would have a better chance at winning games.
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2016, 05:45 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: To be fair TO did run a lot of bad routes that resulted in picks for Palmer..

You would think with less interceptions we would have a better chance at winning games.

The guy showed he can throw 20+ picks with Larry Fitzgerald running the routes, too.
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2016, 05:48 PM)Nately120 Wrote: The guy showed he can throw 20+ picks with Larry Fitzgerald running the routes, too.

That is true.
Reply/Quote