Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2013 Burfict Hit with Crown of Helmet
Sorry if it has been posted... but is this not the same hit as Shaziers?

First hit in the video. Really weird, because I thought it was never called ever.

Edit: My bad.. the crown of the helmet hit is later and he does launch himself. The first one was called defenseless receiver which is debatable I guess.
Reply/Quote
It's very similar, but you see hits like that called/not called all the time. Burfict is going to get called more often than not due to his serial dirty play. If you don't want that kind of scrutiny, then don't do stupid shit like trying to cripple Cam Newtown by twisting his leg on live TV.
This post brought to you by the Cincinnati Bengals. Proud leaders in squandering opportunity, since 1969.
Reply/Quote
Shazier put the crown of his helmet to Gios jaw..........this was meant to break his jaw and put him out for the rest of the playoffs..........payback for J Bell

Someone who is editing gifted could prove my point easily............show the Keith Rivers hit, the Kevin Huber hit and Gios hit together

All you have to do is look at helmet placement at point of impact...........this is taught and encouraged...........not a fluke gentlemen

Im glad we have Vontaze and Adam Jones on our team................they get it !
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2016, 01:05 AM)CincyKid Wrote: Shazier put the crown of his helmet to Gios jaw..........this was meant to break his jaw and put him out for the rest of the playoffs..........payback for J Bell

Someone who is editing gifted could prove my point easily............show the Keith Rivers hit, the Kevin Huber hit and Gios hit together

All you have to do is look at helmet placement at point of impact...........this is taught and encouraged...........not a fluke gentlemen

The same thought crossed my mind.......

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
 "The same thought crossed my mind......."

WW.............we are talking broken jaws, wired shut, out of football for 8 weeks
Reply/Quote
2 broken jaws from 1 team...........same team delivering said hit.........its not a coincidence
Reply/Quote
Yup....he stuck the crown right in Gio's chin strap.....almost mirroring to a tee , the other hits you refer to. I was seriously thinking the same thing earlier today.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Brandon mayweather got suspended a week for hitting Eddie Lacey like that in 2013.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Burfict got flagged last Steelers game for hitting Miller in the chest with his helmet on a clean tackle. Flag for a hit in the chest with the helmet but none for launching up into the guys chin with the crown. Same lead ref. Baffling.
Reply/Quote
Well you see.... The Packers guy only took 1 1/2 steps and wasn't a runner yet Ninja

The rules are just F'd up, there is no other way to put it.

Why would a hit to the helmet be any different on a runner or a receiver if we care about player safety? Both should be a penalty.

The league has its shit all out of order, and THAT is the problem.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2016, 01:05 AM)CincyKid Wrote: Shazier put the crown of his helmet to Gios jaw..........this was meant to break his jaw and put him out for the rest of the playoffs..........payback for J Bell

In the AFC North - Burfict & Jones are necessary BECAUSE of Steeler play.  And now that we have the ability to dish it back, Steelers aren't to happy about that - cry me a river!
[Image: d1id.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2016, 03:31 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Well you see.... The Packers guy only took 1 1/2 steps and wasn't a runner yet Ninja

The rules are just F'd up, there is no other way to put it.

Why would a hit to the helmet be any different on a runner or a receiver if we care about player safety? Both should be a penalty.

The league has its shit all out of order, and THAT is the problem.

The League can't even determine what "a catch" is yet. 
And obviously, they aren't consistent at all on what is a hit on a defenseless receiver. 
They've got some big problems to figure out before people either believe or catch on to their WWF play.  
[Image: d1id.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2016, 12:39 AM)TRsome Wrote: Sorry if it has been posted... but is this not the same hit as Shaziers?

First hit in the video. Really weird, because I thought it was never called ever.

Edit: My bad.. the crown of the helmet hit is later and he does launch himself. The first one was called defenseless receiver which is debatable I guess.

Look at 1:01 at the end of the video - where Marvin is trying to get Tez out of there and the ref looks like he's ready to pull out an Uzi and shut him up.   If he stops that kind of stuff - and the spitting, twisting and tickling - he will, like James Harrison, be venerated as one of the game's greats.
Reply/Quote
James Harrison was great even when he was pulling "those stunts". Fans were scared of him, and certainly some players were/are too.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote