Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2014 was Dalton's best year
According to Jaws, Dalton comes in at 16. Highest rated thus far. Thoughts?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Here's 32-17:

32- Winston
31- Mariota
30- Mallet
29- Smith
28- McCown
27- Bridgewater
26- Carr
25- Griffin III
24- Cassell
23- Bortles
22- Foles
21- Cutler 
20- Bradford
19- Palmer
18- Newton
17- Tannehill
Reply/Quote
(07-22-2015, 11:58 PM)Stormborn Wrote: Here's 32-17:

32- Winston
31- Mariota
30- Mallet
29- Smith
28- McCown
27- Bridgewater
26- Carr
25- Griffin III
24- Cassell
23- Bortles
22- Foles
21- Cutler 
20- Bradford
19- Palmer
18- Newton
17- Tannehill

Last year was weird. Andy started off very well but the mounting injuries to the receiving corps and the attendant lack of any coherent identity on offense seemed to affect him as the season went on. That said, he also did good stuff like getting the Ravens monkey off his back, had good prime time games against the Patriots and Steelers and also was effective in our Denver win. We even looked like we had a chance in the playoff game despite being so undermanned we had Rex Burkhead at WR until we lost Hill near halftime.
Reply/Quote
Its hard to say last season was his best season when he didn't really show any improvement besides his completion % last season. Yards per attempt, Td , Qb rating, and INT to TD ratio were all down significantly last season. I would say this though if you take out his performance from the Colts game and the first Browns game his numbers are significantly better. 68.4 %, 7.8 yards per attempt, and a 92.5 QB rating. (The only number that really didn't improve was the INT to TD ratio). If we could get those numbers from Dalton next year for the whole year I think a lot more people will be happy with him.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
People joke about him making the probowl, and he was the umpteenth alternative, but there must be some respect for him to get this team to the playoffs. They say he's below average and some say he's the worst qb in the league, but below average/worst qb's won't get 10 (which should have been 11) wins with a 22 ranked defense and no weapons outside of a rookie rb who didn't start getting playing time until week 8. I think he's getting some respect for that. I know folks say he's below average, but teams with "below average" qb's just don't get 10 wins without breaking a sweat. Especially with their only threat for most of the season is a rookie rb. Were either going to have to give Dalton some credit, or Marvin.

Reply/Quote
And this is why espn is a joke. :snark:
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote

32- Winston
31- Mariota
30- Mallet
29- Smith
28- McCown
27- Bridgewater
26- Carr
25- Griffin III
24- Cassell
23- Bortles
22- Foles
21- Cutler 
20- Bradford
19- Palmer
18- Newton
17- Tannehill

While I think it's a tad bit absurd that the rookies are 31 and 32 just because they're rookies, I can't see a single one of those players being ranked above Dalton, so it definitely seems like the correct placement.

Dalton keeps his title for maintaining the "Dalton Scale."

Perfectly symmetrical mediocrity.
Reply/Quote
(07-23-2015, 01:56 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: While I think it's a tad bit absurd that the rookies are 31 and 32 just because they're rookies, I can't see a single one of those players being ranked above Dalton, so it definitely seems like the correct placement.

True, but I'd bet dollars to donuts they are still playing after the 3 guys ahead of them lose their starting gigs.  Hoyer might start in Houston, McCown is going to get replaced by Johnny Fartball 3-8 games in whether it's a good idea or not, and Geno Smith is turrible.
Reply/Quote
Poo poo the Pro Bowl if you want, but Andy had talent at every position and looked horrible. I think he developed a confidence problem as the season wore on, and it spilled over into that game. It didn't help that most of the football world was going on about he didn't belong there.
Reply/Quote
Also looks like Jaws is still high on the anti Dalton's crowd's favorite Kaep.

Reply/Quote
I'd say 16 is about right. I'm just hoping he turns that 6 into a 0 this season ! It won't be long now and we'll get to see.
Reply/Quote

32- Winston
31- Mariota
30- Mallet
29- Smith
28- McCown
27- Bridgewater
26- Carr
25- Griffin III
24- Cassell
23- Bortles
22- Foles
21- Cutler 
20- Bradford
19- Palmer
18- Newton
17- Tannehill

so its a projection for this year?

Winston and Mariota didnt play many snaps last year.
Reply/Quote
(07-23-2015, 02:22 AM)J24 Wrote: Its hard to say last season was his best season when he didn't really show any improvement besides his completion % last season. Yards per attempt, Td , Qb rating, and INT to TD ratio were all down significantly last season. I would say this though if you take out his performance from the Colts game and the first Browns game his numbers are significantly better. 68.4 %, 7.8 yards per attempt, and a 92.5 QB rating. (The only number that really didn't improve was the INT to TD ratio). If we could get those numbers from Dalton next year for the whole year I think a lot more people will be happy with him.

Only reall thing you can point as is the Completition % vs the Qaulity of the targets.
Reply/Quote
Seems Jaws has Dalton ranked right around where most logical people do. At this point we all know what Dalton is. It just comes down to whether or not you're okay with an average starting QB. I am. So are most Ravens and Giants fans. It also comes down to why you think Dalton (and everyone else) is choking and if you think he/they can overcome it. That's the million dollar question.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Who's Dalton?
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(07-23-2015, 08:42 PM)jason Wrote: Who's Dalton?

some guy we all thought would be bigger
Reply/Quote
(07-23-2015, 06:08 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: so its a projection for this year?

Winston and Mariota didnt play many snaps last year.

Clearly.  Add Sam Bradford to that list.  And Carson Palmer played lights out, not in the low teens...
Reply/Quote
(07-23-2015, 03:24 PM)jj22 Wrote: Also looks like Jaws is still high on the anti Dalton's crowd's favorite Kaep.

Jaws declared him potentially one of the best QBs eva after about 6 starts.
Reply/Quote
(07-23-2015, 01:56 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Perfectly symmetrical mediocrity.

And just like that they'd found their t-shirt slogan.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(07-22-2015, 11:52 PM)jj22 Wrote: According to Jaws, Dalton comes in at 16. Highest rated thus far. Thoughts?

If you're not 16th, you're last. Shake and bake!
Reply/Quote