Poll: What team wins the Super Bowl this year?
Patriots
Seahawks
Broncos
Colts
Packers
Bengals
Ravens
Other team
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2015-2016 Super Bowl Champion?
(07-27-2015, 11:31 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: No team can load the box enough to stop Hill and also have enough defenders leftover to cover AJ and our tight ends.

Our D is stacked with Geno returning to 100%, MJ back with Dunlap rushing the passer, Burfict returning to be all over the field, our young corners coming to play, and even guys like Hardison could surprise by causing havoc in the middle.

Whoever we play in the playoffs better hope that it's a warm game or that Hill is hurt because games in the cold are won on the ground, and Hill was the best back in the league when he was on the field last year, which everyone conveniently overlooks.

Games are lost on the grounds too
[Image: andy-dalton-fumbles.gif]

Hill and a D cannot carry Andy Dalton. Ok, yea, he went 0-2 in his first two seasons with no TDs and 4 picks. Chalk that up to being young. But since then, he is 0-2 with 1 TD and 2 picks. That's 1 TD and 5 picks in 4 playoff games over 4 seasons. That's pathetic. 

No one will pick the Bengals to even reach the AFCCG until Dalton can prove he can win in January. 

At least Flacco's bad playoff play ended his 3rd year. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-27-2015, 11:57 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Games are lost on the grounds too
[Image: andy-dalton-fumbles.gif]

Hill and a D cannot carry Andy Dalton. Ok, yea, he went 0-2 in his first two seasons with no TDs and 4 picks. Chalk that up to being young. But since then, he is 0-2 with 1 TD and 2 picks. That's 1 TD and 5 picks in 4 playoff games over 4 seasons. That's pathetic. 

No one will pick the Bengals to even reach the AFCCG until Dalton can prove he can win in January. 

At least Flacco's bad playoff play ended his 3rd year. 

Hill and a D CAN carry Dalton because Hill will make defenses load the box, which will make Andy's life a thousand times easier, and I don't even know how you can blame last season's playoff loss on him when we were crippled with injuries, specifically AJ and then Hill getting injured in the second(?) quarter.

Run Hill in the cold in January and watch him put up 150 yards in the playoffs.

Like I said, give us a healthy roster (specifically Hill and AJ) in January and watch Dalton lead us to victory.
Reply/Quote
(07-28-2015, 12:12 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: Run Hill in the cold in January and watch him put up 150 yards in the playoffs.

I don't think you're going to be playing New Orleans or Jacksonville in the playoffs.

And I stand by my comments about Dalton. The only reason he isn't the worst QB in the division is because the Browns are in the division. 

Reply/Quote
(07-27-2015, 11:48 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: It's funny because you act like a QB should throw the ball and catch it himself. Face it, Flacco had one of the best playoff runs ever by a QB. The lengths you go to discredit what he has done is both amazing and sad.

Why do your feelings get hurt every time i tell the truth about Flacco? Did you miss the part where i said he had to make some pressure throws in those games? Or where i've made numerous comments on how well he's played in his last couple post seasons? He's only been "great" in '12 and he was good in a game in '11 and in '14. Before that, he was poop on a stick. He's never been more than average in the regular season. The very next year after Boldin left, he had his worst season by far. BTW, wasn't 2012 the year Ray Rice had to convert that ridiculous 4th and 29 @ SD (we won't talk about the missed penalties and bad spot) in order for them to even squeak into the playoffs since they pissed all over themselves and lost 4 of their last 5 games? Talk about good fortune...you should be thanking your lucky stars every night for that ring that year instead of getting all bunched up when i speak the truth.

Getting back to the '12 playoff run. Remember that desperation 3rd down heave that ended in a 70 yd TD with 30 seconds left in the Broncos game? If Rahim Moore doesn't fall all over himself and misplay that ball terribly, the conference championship and SB don't happen and that SB ring is on someone elses finger. 

Every bit of that is fact with no opinion thrown in. Let's not act like that "magical" run in '12 was anything more than a series of extremely fortunate circumstances that fell the Ravens way.

Sometimes it's better to be lucky than good. I'll never get to experience either of those as a Bengals fan. 

Stop whining.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(07-28-2015, 12:39 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Every bit of that is fact with no opinion thrown in. Let's not act like that "magical" run in '12 was anything more than a series of extremely fortunate circumstances that fell the Ravens way.

Every football game is a series of extremely fortunate circumstances. Your defense of your broken record dismissal would be more convincing if you didn't keep suggesting that I am just getting my feelings hurt for pointing out how talented he is. 

Reply/Quote
(07-27-2015, 11:57 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: At least Flacco's bad playoff play ended his 3rd year. 

Good thing too, because 1TD and 6 picks in 5 games was pretty bad...for a prototype, strong-armed QB that was the 18th pick in the 1st round of the draft. Too bad he reverted back to 'same-ole-joe' in his next game and didn't get straightened out until his 4th year. 

Good too that he had a team that could carry him through some of the worst playoff performances by a QB evAr. 
59.1? 18.2? 10.0?? 48.4? 61.1? Those things just can't be un-seen, man!

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(07-28-2015, 12:48 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Your defense of your broken record dismissal would be more convincing if you didn't keep suggesting that I am just getting my feelings hurt for pointing out how talented he is. 

I'd say you picking out one line of a post that was about Andy Luck is a pretty clear indicator of your feelings being hurt. 

ThumbsUp

Reply/Quote
Wait...

You used the word "talented" when referring to Flacco...

Nvm. That's low-hanging fruit.

Reply/Quote
(07-28-2015, 12:52 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Good thing too, because 1TD and 6 picks in 5 games was pretty bad...for a prototype, strong-armed QB that was the 18th pick in the 1st round of the draft. Too bad he reverted back to 'same-ole-joe' in his next game and didn't get straightened out until his 4th year. 

Good too that he had a team that could carry him through some of the worst playoff performances by a QB evAr. 
59.1? 18.2? 10.0?? 48.4? 61.1? Those things just can't be un-seen, man!

You forgot his second playoff game where he had a QB rating of 89.4.

I let Dalton off the hook for his first 2 years. 3rd and 4th year, though? No, sorry. I can get the argument that 3 of those 4 games were on the road. But what happened to their home game against the 9-7 Chargers who only made the playoffs because the Chiefs rest their starters week 17 (and the Chargers still almost lost to the Chiefs!)? Flacco has only had the chance to play at home in 2 of his 15 playoff games. You know what he did with those two games? He led his team to wins with an average rating of 111. He didn't fumble the ball while diving to avoid a tackle. 

Flacco year 3&4  93 QB rating 7 TDs, 2 picks, 3-2 record
Dalton year 3&4 65 QB rating 1 TD, 2 picks, 0-2 record

Flacco has also only ever lost to the eventual AFC champs. Never some weak Chargers or Texans team. 

Jungle Noobers try to argument "Flacco wasn't good in his first 4 playoff games either!!!". Don't be that stupid and try to suggest a 4th year QB should be at the same level as a second year.

Reply/Quote
(07-28-2015, 11:41 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: You forgot his second playoff game where he had a QB rating of 89.4.

I let Dalton off the hook for his first 2 years. 3rd and 4th year, though? No, sorry. I can get the argument that 3 of those 4 games were on the road. But what happened to their home game against the 9-7 Chargers who only made the playoffs because the Chiefs rest their starters week 17 (and the Chargers still almost lost to the Chiefs!)? Flacco has only had the chance to play at home in 2 of his 15 playoff games. You know what he did with those two games? He led his team to wins with an average rating of 111. He didn't fumble the ball while diving to avoid a tackle. 

Flacco has also only ever lost to the eventual AFC champs. Never some weak Chargers or Texans team. 

Jungle Noobers try to argument "Flacco wasn't good in his first 4 playoff games either!!!". Don't be that stupid and try to suggest a 4th year QB should be at the same level as a second year.

Bragging that your QB is better than Andy Dalton has been in the playoffs?

That's such a huge accomplishment Rolleyes
Reply/Quote
(07-28-2015, 11:41 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: You forgot his second playoff game where he had a QB rating of 89.4.

How did this become about Dalton? You started the whole Flactoid discussion and now you're using AD as the barometer. 

Gimme a lulz.

What are your thoughts on my original point about Andrew "the caveman made me do it" Luck?

Reply/Quote
(07-28-2015, 07:48 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: How did this become about Dalton? You started the whole Flactoid discussion and now you're using AD as the barometer. 

Gimme a lulz.

What are your thoughts on my original point about Andrew "the caveman made me do it" Luck?

I was discussing Dalton with Brad. I made one small comment about Flacco ending his playoff woes in his 3rd year and you then quoted that.

This was not part of our original exchange. 

Reply/Quote
(07-25-2015, 12:29 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Andrew Luck couldn't find a dixie coonskin with an Ohio hooker holding his prick and showing him the way. 

This one?

LOL, no, I know you were comparing Luck to Palmer and said that, unlike Flacco, he can't make a few pressure throws.

Andrew Luck may end up being a second Peyton Manning. Great regular season but he won't do crap in the playoffs unless he's playing teams like the Bengals or Chiefs.

Reply/Quote
(07-24-2015, 07:56 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: I picked the Colts. They were the victim of deflate gate last year. I think Luck leads them to the promised land. I think the Bengals make the playoffs, but still not able to finish the deal.

Deflated footballs don't lead to that much of a point differential. Every single time Luck has played the Pats he's been destroyed. If the Colts have to go through the Patriots again, it's not happening  ThumbsUp

That said, I think the Packers will win it this year. They were just a few plays away from making it last year with a hobbled Rodgers. If he stays healthy they have a great shot. 
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Now I just want the Pats to win with Brady as the MVP to see the trophy presentation from Goodell to Kraft and Brady.
Reply/Quote
Football season is just about here. I do like the Colts and Packers this year. Would love the Bengals to win it all.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
Bucs
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
Da Bears Ninja

[Image: dabears-e1421705818244.png]
Reply/Quote
Some of you are ridiculous.  No other QB in this league could win like Andrew Luck has with that roster.  I'd pick him over anybody if there were a reshuffling of the NFL.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(08-09-2015, 03:37 PM)jason Wrote: Some of you are ridiculous.  No other QB in this league could win like Andrew Luck has with that roster.  I'd pick him over anybody if there were a reshuffling of the NFL.

Agreed, Without Luck the Colts are a 4-12 team. If they were in a tough division they would be a 8-8/9-7 team.

Luck carries that team.
Reply/Quote