Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paul Kruger
http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2016/08/paul_kruger_cut_by_cleveland_b.html

Looks like Kruger has been cut by the Browns. While his sack total dipped to 2.5 last year, he could at least be an upgrade over Hunt in a rotation. Thoughts?
Reply/Quote
I'd bring him in for a workout.
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
Sure, he would be a boost to the defense, but would he cost too much? If I were a guessing man, I'd say the reason he was released from Cleveland was to open up cap space, as he was on a 5 year/40M deal.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Dansby should talk him in to coming here for cheap.
Reply/Quote
2.5 sacks is still 1.0 more sacks than Hunt has put up in 3 years. Lol

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
If we could get him for the vet minimum we would probably try. Im guessing he will find more.
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2016, 06:23 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: If we could get him for the vet minimum we would probably try. Im guessing he will find more.

A guy used to making 8M isn't signing with anyone for the vet minimum..

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2016, 10:46 AM)NKYRob Wrote: http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2016/08/paul_kruger_cut_by_cleveland_b.html

Looks like Kruger has been cut by the Browns.  While his sack total dipped to 2.5 last year, he could at least be an upgrade over Hunt in a rotation.  Thoughts?

Doesn't take much to be an upgrade over Hunt.
[Image: Untitleddfcopycopycopycopy_zps872b23c3.png]
Reply/Quote
We need an edge rusher that can come in as a situational pass rusher. Would be all for this!!!
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
PFT reporting that he will be visiting the Saints and Chiefs today. I thought the Saints were in a pretty tough cap situation, but I could be wrong.
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2016, 11:26 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Sure, he would be a boost to the defense, but would he cost too much?  If I were a guessing man, I'd say the reason he was released from Cleveland was to open up cap space, as he was on a 5 year/40M deal.

who is Cleveland saving cap space for?
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2016, 10:25 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: who is Cleveland saving cap space for?

They're clearing out space for something, that's for sure.  Mingo, and now Krueger?  After letting Dansby walk to us, those are wholesale changes to what was a pretty good defense.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2016, 10:32 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: those are wholesale changes to what was a pretty good defense.

Browns defense was horrible last year.  29th in scoring and 27th in yards.
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2016, 10:39 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Browns defense was horrible last year.  29th in scoring and 27th in yards.

Those numbers don't lie.  However, do you think that is a result of the quality of players on that defense, or more a result of being on the field all the time, because of an impotent offense?

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2016, 10:44 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Those numbers don't lie.  However, do you think that is a result of the quality of players on that defense, or more a result of being on the field all the time, because of an impotent offense?

because the offense couldn't stay on the field  makes it tough for a defense.
Reply/Quote
Kruger already reportedly off the market...going to Saints...

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/17429402/paul-kruger-agrees-deal-new-orleans-saints-release-cleveland-browns

EDIT - He will be a DE in the Saints 4-3 scheme, which he has never played in NFL but did in college. Wish the Bengals would have reached out to him (faster).
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(08-29-2016, 04:53 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: 2.5 sacks is still 1.0 more sacks than Hunt has put up in 3 years. Lol

LOL, the pathetic numbers from Hunt still surprise me. I don't know why but they do.

I keep thinking the coaches must still see something in Hunt to have kept him around this long, I just can't quite see what it is that they see though.

Reply/Quote
(08-31-2016, 11:25 AM)BengalChris Wrote: LOL, the pathetic numbers from Hunt still surprise me. I don't know why but they do.

I keep thinking the coaches must still see something in Hunt to have kept him around this long, I just can't quite see what it is that they see though.

I would guess a lot of Hunts limit snaps didn't come in passing situations   we got other guys for that
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2016, 10:46 AM)NKYRob Wrote: http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2016/08/paul_kruger_cut_by_cleveland_b.html

Looks like Kruger has been cut by the Browns.  While his sack total dipped to 2.5 last year, he could at least be an upgrade over Hunt in a rotation.  Thoughts?

Can he play center?
Reply/Quote