Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2015 Bengals...where are they now?
Since we won our first division title since 2015, it made me curious about where all those guys are today.

QBs
Andy Dalton - Bears - Had his worst year as a pro with a 76.9 rating in 6 starts. Will probably leave Chicago in March.
AJ Macaroni - Falcons - Currently on IR, has a 64.1 rating on 55 attempts since 2015.

RBs
Jeremy Hill - Retired - last played for Pats in 2018. Did nothing, but got a ring.
Gio Bernard - Bucs - 31 touches for 181 yards and 3 scores. Used very sparsely.
Rex Burkhead - Texans - 147 touches for 613 yards and 3 scores.

WRs
AJ Green - Cardinals - 54 catches for 848 yards and 3 scores.
Marvin Jones - Jags - 73 catches for 832 yards and 4 scores.
Mo Sanu - 49ers - 15 catches for 177 yards in 8 games. Currently on IR.

Tight Ends
Tyler Eifert - Retired - last played for Jags in 2020.
Tyler Kroft - Jets - 16 catches for 173 yards and 1 TD, in 9 games (6 starts).

O-line
Andrew Whitworth - Rams - 15 starts at 40 years old. Unprecedented longevity for a tackle.
Clint Boling - Retired - called it quits before the 2019 season.
Russell Bodine - Retired - started 10 games with Buffalo in 2018. Out of league at 27 years old.
Kevin Zeitler - Ravens - started all 17 games
Andre Smith - Ravens - suited up for 5 games. Didn't play much.

D-line
Carlos Dunlap - Seahawks - 34 tackles and 8.5 sacks
Domata Peko - Retired - last played for Cards in 2020 (6 games, 5 starts)
Geno Atkins - ? - really don't know what's going on with this guy, which is so Geno.
Michael Johnson - Retired - last played in 2018
Margus Hunt - Bears - 10 games, 14 tackles. Have no idea how this guys hangs around.

Linebackers
AJ Hawk - Retired - last played with Falcons in 2016 (1 game)
Rey Maualuga - Retired - last played with Phins in 2017 (6 games, 5 starts)
Vontaze Burfict - Retired - made it all of 4 games with Raiders in 2019 before a dirty hit got him suspended for the year. Never came back.

Secondary
DreKirk - 49ers - 6 games, 1 start, 7 tackles.
Pacman - Retired - last played with Broncos in 2018
George Iloka - Retired - last played with Vikings in 2020
Reggie Nelson - Retired - last played with Raiders in 2018

Special Teams
Mike Nugent - Retired - last played with Cards in 2020 (made 14 of 15 kicks in 4 games)
Brandon Tate - Retired - last played with Saints in 2018 (1 game)

Coaching Staff
Marvin Lewis - currently serves as "special advisor" to Herm Edwards at ASU
Hue Jackson - just took the HC gig at Grambling State. Browns ruined his rep.
Paul Guenther - senior defensive assistant with Vikings, will be elsewhere in 2022.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2022, 05:42 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Since we won our first division title since 2015, it made me curious about where all those guys are today.

QBs
Andy Dalton - Bears - Had his worst year as a pro with a 76.9 rating in 6 starts. Will probably leave Chicago in March.
AJ Macaroni - Falcons - Currently on IR, has a 64.1 rating on 55 attempts since 2015.

RBs
Jeremy Hill - Retired - last played for Pats in 2018. Did nothing, but got a ring.
Gio Bernard - Bucs - 31 touches for 181 yards and 3 scores. Used very sparsely.
Rex Burkhead - Texans - 147 touches for 613 yards and 3 scores.

WRs
AJ Green - Cardinals - 54 catches for 848 yards and 3 scores.
Marvin Jones - Jags - 73 catches for 832 yards and 4 scores.
Mo Sanu - 49ers - 15 catches for 177 yards in 8 games. Currently on IR.

Tight Ends
Tyler Eifert - Retired - last played for Jags in 2020.
Tyler Kroft - Jets - 16 catches for 173 yards and 1 TD, in 9 games (6 starts).

O-line
Andrew Whitworth - Rams - 15 starts at 40 years old. Unprecedented longevity for a tackle.
Clint Boling - Retired - called it quits before the 2019 season.
Russell Bodine - Retired - started 10 games with Buffalo in 2018. Out of league at 27 years old.
Kevin Zeitler - Ravens - started all 17 games
Andre Smith - Ravens - suited up for 5 games. Didn't play much.

D-line
Carlos Dunlap - Seahawks - 34 tackles and 8.5 sacks
Domata Peko - Retired - last played for Cards in 2020 (6 games, 5 starts)
Geno Atkins - ? - really don't know what's going on with this guy, which is so Geno.
Michael Johnson - Retired - last played in 2018
Margus Hunt - Bears - 10 games, 14 tackles. Have no idea how this guys hangs around.

Linebackers
AJ Hawk - Retired - last played with Falcons in 2016 (1 game)
Rey Maualuga - Retired - last played with Phins in 2017 (6 games, 5 starts)
Vontaze Burfict - Retired - made it all of 4 games with Raiders in 2019 before a dirty hit got him suspended for the year. Never came back.

Secondary
DreKirk - 49ers - 6 games, 1 start, 7 tackles.
Pacman - Retired - last played with Broncos in 2018
George Iloka - Retired - last played with Vikings in 2020
Reggie Nelson - Retired - last played with Raiders in 2018

Special Teams
Mike Nugent - Retired - last played with Cards in 2020 (made 14 of 15 kicks in 4 games)
Brandon Tate - Retired - last played with Saints in 2018 (1 game)

Coaching Staff
Marvin Lewis - currently serves as "special advisor" to Herm Edwards at ASU
Hue Jackson - just took the HC gig at Grambling State. Browns ruined his rep.
Paul Guenther - senior defensive assistant with Vikings, will be elsewhere in 2022.

Gio being used sparsely was a product of being on IR the majority of the season.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2022, 09:55 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Gio being used sparsely was a product of being on IR the majority of the season.

He was active for 12 games, and got touches in 10, so it wasn't the majority.

Even just including games where he was healthy enough to touch the football, he averaged 3.1 touches. 
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
I had no idea that McCarron was still in the league.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2022, 10:30 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: He was active for 12 games, and got touches in 10, so it wasn't the majority.

Even just including games where he was healthy enough to touch the football, he averaged 3.1 touches. 

Well I'll be...

I could've sworn I saw the news of him going to IR back in September or October.  I guess time flies for me!
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2022, 02:34 AM)Bengal Dude Wrote: I had no idea that McCarron was still in the league.

That’s how you know he’s one of the best backups in the league. Like that one guy that was with the chargers for like ever. Not whitehurst but I forgot his name. See? Great guy.
Reply/Quote
I didn’t realize Iloka had retired. He was pretty solid here
Reply/Quote
Bruh i thought Dre Kirk was retired lol
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2022, 10:24 PM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: I didn’t realize Iloka had retired. He was pretty solid here

He hosted a podcast called the Gym Bag in 2020.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
Reply/Quote
It really sucked losing Marvin Jones and replacing him with Brandon LaFell. All these years later the guy put up solid numbers on a trash team. I hope we don't make that same mistake with Higgins and Chase.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2022, 01:51 PM)jason Wrote: It really sucked losing Marvin Jones and replacing him with Brandon LaFell. All these years later the guy put up solid numbers on a trash team. I hope we don't make that same mistake with Higgins and Chase.

Boyd will probably be easier to keep than Higgins.

I don't see us keeping all 3.
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2022, 03:42 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Boyd will probably be easier to keep than Higgins.

I don't see us keeping all 3.

I think I'd try and lock up Tee after next season. It may not be possible though. Sooner or later, we're gonna run into the "you can't keep em all" phase of this team.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2022, 04:36 PM)jason Wrote: I think I'd try and lock up Tee after next season. It may not be possible though. Sooner or later, we're gonna run into the "you can't keep em all" phase of this team.

That point will probably be when Burrow gets his mega contract.

That's why I've been saying we need to win a ring while he's on his rookie deal.

People wonder why guys like Rodgers, Ben and Wilson never got back to a SB after appearing in them early in their careers? Their contracts are a big reason why. Hard to keep talent around them when they account for 25-30% of the cap.
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2022, 04:42 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: That point will probably be when Burrow gets his mega contract.

That's why I've been saying we need to win a ring while he's on his rookie deal.

People wonder why guys like Rodgers, Ben and Wilson never got back to a SB after appearing in them early in their careers? Their contracts are a big reason why. Hard to keep talent around them when they account for 25-30% of the cap.

It'll be interesting to see how the chiefs deal with that after giving mahomes more money then warren Buffett
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2022, 04:42 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: That point will probably be when Burrow gets his mega contract.

It's not quite as dire as that.  Rodgers was actually on his second contract before he won a ring.  Ben was on his 2nd contract when he got his second ring.  Both of Peyton's rings were when he was off his rookie deal.  Eli won one on his second contract.  Brees, obviously was on his second contract before he won one.  And TB12, of course.
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2022, 01:51 PM)jason Wrote: It really sucked losing Marvin Jones and replacing him with Brandon LaFell. All these years later the guy put up solid numbers on a trash team. I hope we don't make that same mistake with Higgins and Chase.

The Bengals did try to keep Jones. He just wanted a chance to be a #1 on a team. He was never going to get that with AJ here. The problem was the Bengals never drafted to prepare themselves for the loss of Jones and Sanu. 

Honestly, with Burrow here, I could see some players willing to stay to be a part of this team with him.
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2022, 02:07 AM)Whatever Wrote: It's not quite as dire as that.  Rodgers was actually on his second contract before he won a ring.  Ben was on his 2nd contract when he got his second ring.  Both of Peyton's rings were when he was off his rookie deal.  Eli won one on his second contract.  Brees, obviously was on his second contract before he won one.  And TB12, of course.

Most of these are poor examples in dire need of context.

Rodgers signed a bargain contract (6 years, $60 million) in 2008, only a few games into his career. He sat the bench behind Brett for most of his rookie deal, so his 2nd deal was a total steal for the Pack.

Same with Brees, who was on the exact same contract (6 years, $60 million) signed in 2006 because there were still questions around his shoulder.

TB12 is known for taking less.

Here's the cap hit rankings for each of those QBs when they won those championships:

Brady (2003): 13th
Brady (2004): 8th
Peyton (2006): 6th
Ben (2008): 11th
Brees (2009): 14th
Rodgers (2010): 21st
Eli (2011): 5th
Brady (2014): 12th
Brady (2018): 11th
Brady (2020): 6th

Average rank of 10.7, only one guy in the top 5.

https://overthecap.com/position/quarterback/2009/
Reply/Quote
Wish we could have won one for AJ but that's just not how it goes sometimes.
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2022, 09:43 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Well I'll be...

I could've sworn I saw the news of him going to IR back in September or October.  I guess time flies for me!

Well he did get a healthy dose of touches in the playoff game, so maybe you're right about health being a factor.
Reply/Quote