Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2015 NBA thread
I was fired up about the Pelican getting a new coach, but not happy with the way Anthony Davis played in is first couple of games.  Davis has always gotten a lot of love for his ball handling skills, but he does not need to be a perimeter player.   He doesn't need to be jacking up a bunch of threes and trying to be Kevin Durant.  Instead he needs to use his handles and footwork in the post.  

Through his first three NBA seasons Davis averaged 0.1 3P attempts and 1.5 turnovers per game.  The "new" Davis is averaging 3.5 3P attempts and 3.5 turnovers per game for the 0-2 Pelicans.
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2015, 12:57 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I was fired up about the Pelican getting a new coach, but not happy with the way Anthony Davis played in is first couple of games.  Davis has always got a lot of love for his ball handling skills, but he does not need to be a perimeter player.   He doesn't need to be jacking up a bunch of threes an trying to be Kevin Durant.  Instead he needs to use his handles and footwork in the post.  

Through his first three NBA seasons Davis averaged 0.1 3P attempts and 1.5 turnovers per game.  The "new" Davis is averaging 3.5 3P attempts and 3.5 turnovers per game for the 0-2 Pelicans.
Agreed he should be attacking not settling for threes.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
I'm going with Cavs over Clips in 6 for the Finals.

Be tall order for Clips to get past Spurs, Thunder, Warriors..but whoever makes it out of the West will have earned the right for sure (unless they luck out with injuries like the Warriors last season Wink)
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2015, 12:57 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I was fired up about the Pelican getting a new coach, but not happy with the way Anthony Davis played in is first couple of games.  Davis has always got a lot of love for his ball handling skills, but he does not need to be a perimeter player.   He doesn't need to be jacking up a bunch of threes an trying to be Kevin Durant.  Instead he needs to use his handles and footwork in the post.  

I've never been impressed with Gentry as a head coach.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Warriors look really good and so do the Cavs.
J24

Reply/Quote
early season reviews..

I really can't see anyone competing in the East with the Cavs....they are #3 in defense with Mo Williams and Kevin Love starting, so theres that.  The overall roster is improved and once they are at full health...it will be even scarier.

Bulls, I feel like there is a melt down waiting to happen...does DRose finish the season on the roster?
Raptors, Hawks, Wiz - can probably put up a good amount of wins..but I don't see them beating Cavs..or maybe even the Bulls in a 7 game series.

Warriors continuing what they started last season..Steph out of his mind shooting the ball right now.  Confidence at an all-time high right now.

Spurs are going through a few early transitions as you could have guessed with a big new addition.
Thunder will be right there when its all said and done..KD and Westbrook can carry this team to the WCF if need be.

Lakers are...awful.
Pelicans definitely haven't lived up to expectations yet.  But I can see them surging later in the season.

Knicks are tougher than they were last year..but may still only win 25-30 games.

Heat (if healthy) should be able to compete with the Cavs in the ECF.

Through week1:
ECF - Cavs vs Heat - Cavs in 6
WCF - Clips vs Warriors - Clips in 6

Finals - Cavs vs Clips - Cavs in 6
Reply/Quote
I know the balance of power shifts back and forth over the years, but I have never seen one conference be so much weaker than the others.  

Playing in the East will probably allow LeBron to take of a dozen games while the teams in the West will be beating the hell out of each other for home court advantage in the playoffs.

Memphis rarely gets mentioned among the best teams in the West, but they are a damn good team.  They won 55 games last year and are brutal at home.
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2015, 06:16 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I know the balance of power shifts back and forth over the years, but I have never seen one conference be so much weaker than the others.  

Playing in the East will probably allow LeBron to take of a dozen games while the teams in the West will be beating the hell out of each other for home court advantage in the playoffs.

Memphis rarely gets mentioned among the best teams in the West, but they are a damn good team.  They won 55 games last year and are brutal at home.

The only problem with Memphis is they lack at the Sf/SG spot and they can't shoot threes.
J24

Reply/Quote
Little off topic but does anyone know what happened to BallStreams? League pass sucks, as far as bball goes wake me up when the cavs stop sleepwalking threw games and have their full roster.
Child please, kiss the baby.
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2015, 06:16 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I know the balance of power shifts back and forth over the years, but I have never seen one conference be so much weaker than the others.  

24-17 east over the west so far this year so not sure what you mean. Grizz, clips, rockets ,pels all a huge disappointment so far.
Child please, kiss the baby.
Reply/Quote
20-0 Warriors.....good lord.
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
Crickets and tumbleweeds in here....

Is it because the league seems to be a 2 team race this year?  Are we just too preoccupied with whining in JN?  I personally haven't had much of a chance to watch NBA games so far this season.  When I have had a chance (like last night's Cavs/ Warriors game), they have been bad.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2016, 01:45 PM)jason Wrote: Crickets and tumbleweeds in here....

Is it because the league seems to be a 2 team race this year?  Are we just too preoccupied with whining in JN?  I personally haven't had much of a chance to watch NBA games so far this season.  When I have had a chance (like last night's Cavs/ Warriors game), they have been bad.

I think it will pick up around here now that the season is over.  Maybe after the Super bowl.
Reply/Quote
So ESPN is saying Lebrons window for championships  is now over.
J24

Reply/Quote
(01-21-2016, 05:15 PM)J24 Wrote: So ESPN is saying Lebrons window for championships  is now over.

A bit premature, but I'll tell you this much...  The Cavs need to lose that ISO ball that they play.  Give the ball to Kyrie or LeBron and everybody else get outta the way isn't going to cut it anymore.  It's too bad Cleveland and Dan Gilbert are so beholden to James, because someone needs to check him.  David Blatt came over here with a reputation for running the Princeton offense.  The 2 teams that are dominating the league are doing so by playing unselfish basketball, and moving the rock.  LeBron needs to focus more on playing, and less on being a bad GM and coach...  If not, the window is closed.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Blatt has been fired.

Tyron Lue is interim coach. Wondering if Thibodeau was interviewed or something...

Cleveland quick to pull a trigger, Browns, Cavs...

Kevin Love needs to get involved more, he needs to be a 20/10 guy if they want a chance to even win one game against GS.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2016, 06:27 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Blatt has been fired.

Tyron Lue is interim coach. Wondering if Thibodeau was interviewed or something...

Cleveland quick to pull a trigger, Browns, Cavs...

Kevin Love needs to get involved more, he needs to be a 20/10 guy if they want a chance to even win one game against GS.

He can only get those numbers on bad teams...

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2016, 07:55 PM)jason Wrote: He can only get those numbers on bad teams...

I guess Lebron and Kyrie hog the ball in iso too much for him to be of use. Maybe if he came off the bench with JR smith while Kyrie and Lebron rested, lol.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2016, 03:41 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: I guess Lebron and Kyrie hog the ball in iso too much for him to be of use. Maybe if he came off the bench with JR smith while Kyrie and Lebron rested, lol.

They were moving the ball the other night. Hopefully they keep it up tonight.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2016, 03:41 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: I guess Lebron and Kyrie hog the ball in iso too much for him to be of use. Maybe if he came off the bench with JR smith while Kyrie and Lebron rested, lol.

If they want to get love involved more they should play small ball more. Use him more off pick n rolls, pick n pops, and post ups. If they do go small move Love to center, move Jefferson into the 4, James at the three, Shump at 2, and Kyrie at point. JR smith should come off the bench. When Lebron was in Miami they played small ball a lot and his numbers were through the roof when it came to efficiency. 
J24

Reply/Quote