Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2015 NBA thread
Tonight is the battle of the 2 losers who Golden state laid waste to in back to back games.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I think the Cavs lay it on the Bulls tonight to make Lue look good.  Remember Allen Iverson hitting that shot over Lue in the Finals, and then stepping over him? Smirk
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
I would like an enhancement for NBA games, kind of like how FOX used to draw a trail for hockey shots. Every player's full contract salary should be displayed above their head if they're on the floor. That way you can see Kevin Love (113 million) pass to Tristan Thompson (82 million) who misses the layup.
Reply/Quote
Pacers ftw.
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
Cavs missed 13 free throws tonight, the big three was a combined 1-12 from three point line(the cavs were 4-24), and the bench only scored 8 points tonight.  Can't win in the NBA with those numbers.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
It's shameful how poor lebron is at the free throw line. It looks like he changes his shooting form every year, but without checking stats, I believe his FT %s is going down every year. You can't trust lebron to make 2 free throws at the end of the game, that is the making of the pure elite player.

I think Steph Curry has eclipsed Lebron as the best player in the league, quickly. Certainly offensively.
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2016, 07:33 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: It's shameful how poor lebron is at the free throw line. It looks like he changes his shooting form every year, but without checking stats, I believe his FT %s is going down every year. You can't trust lebron to make 2 free throws at the end of the game, that is the making of the pure elite player.

I think Steph Curry has eclipsed Lebron as the best player in the league, quickly. Certainly offensively.

His hands are too big...  But, yeah, 75% isn't too much to ask.  He should ease off of the 3's for a lil bit too.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2016, 01:29 PM)jason Wrote: His hands are too big...  But, yeah, 75% isn't too much to ask.  He should ease off of the 3's for a lil bit too.

I would say 80% should be his goal; I have no idea why he is so in love with taking the three. If I am the opposing coach that's what shot I want him to take.
J24

Reply/Quote
(01-24-2016, 03:40 PM)J24 Wrote: I would say 80% should be his goal; I have no idea why he is so in love with taking the three. If I am the opposing coach that's what shot I want him to take.
He's not even close with the 3 point shooting right now.  They were just clanging off the rim last night.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
I thought your shot would stay with you as your career begins to decline.

Near the end of the game, Lebron raced up the court and went in for a layup/foul. I haven't seen him move that fast since his rookie year or Miami days. Why is he lackadaisical otherwise? I think he might still be top 3 fastest in the league. He's no steph curry, it cringes me to see his toe on the 3 point line taking a super long 2pt jumper. Why? It's not going in.

People are saying he basically got Blatt fired, he wants the team to run more (like Miami did) - and so Lue says they are out of shape and they need to run more, and Lebron just echoes it - but are they really lebron's thoughts anyway? lol. So who is out of shape? Lebron made a comment about people can't just checkout after a few minutes of running up and down, seems like a direct reference to Kyrie. Kyrie admitted he got winded early on in the game and had to be asked to be taken out. He hasn't played much this season give him a break. If you want to pick on someone LBJ, it's 100 million dollar man Kevin Love.

I think it's a little late in the season to try and get your stamina up to Golden State's level. Too bad Cleveland wasn't healthy last year, I think it was their best shot at beating GS and winning a title.
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2016, 03:49 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: I thought your shot would stay with you as your career begins to decline.

Near the end of the game, Lebron raced up the court and went in for a layup/foul. I haven't seen him move that fast since his rookie year or Miami days. Why is he lackadaisical otherwise? I think he might still be top 3 fastest in the league. He's no steph curry, it cringes me to see his toe on the 3 point line taking a super long 2pt jumper. Why? It's not going in.

People are saying he basically got Blatt fired, he wants the team to run more (like Miami did) - and so Lue says they are out of shape and they need to run more, and Lebron just echoes it - but are they really lebron's thoughts anyway? lol. So who is out of shape? Lebron made a comment about people can't just checkout after a few minutes of running up and down, seems like a direct reference to Kyrie. Kyrie admitted he got winded early on in the game and had to be asked to be taken out. He hasn't played much this season give him a break. If you want to pick on someone LBJ, it's 100 million dollar man Kevin Love.

I think it's a little late in the season to try and get your stamina up to Golden State's level. Too bad Cleveland wasn't healthy last year, I think it was their best shot at beating GS and winning a title.
1.) Truthfully I thought he lost his speed and finishing ability last season but he has gotten back this season. He is finishing 68% around the rim this season. Which is amazing considering he is 31 years old.

2.) He has never been a great 3 point shooter but on top of that he takes bad 3 point shots. Like taking a step back three or holding onto the ball for ever and just settling for a three point shot. He doesn't take a lot of catch and shoot shots.

3.) People are not saying Lebron got blatt fired they know Lebron got Blatt fired. In all honesty can you blame Lebron? The guy didn't know how to best use his players. All Blatt had to do was watch Lebron from his Miami days to see that you have to have multiple shooters around him and play at a fast tempo. Hell Miami played like what Golden State plays now when they had Lebron in the lineup.

4.) I disagree completely with this. Playing fast and Small is what Cleveland needs to play to be at their best. Kyrie, Love, and Lebron should be the best trio in the league but the system that they have played under hasn't utilized their best talents .
J24

Reply/Quote
So there is talk of a Carmelo-Love- Nets lottery pick from Boston trade being talked about right now.
Love goes to Boston
Mello goes to Cleveland
knicks get Mozgov and nets lottery pick.
J24

Reply/Quote
(02-13-2016, 03:04 AM)J24 Wrote: So there is talk of a Carmelo-Love- Nets lottery pick from Boston trade being talked about right now.
Love goes to Boston
Mello goes to Cleveland
knicks get Mozgov and nets lottery pick.

I'm not a huge Carmelo guy, but he can put the ball in the basket.  The Knicks would be crazy to come off him for Mozgov and a top 13 pick.  I'd give Kevin Love up in a heartbeat for him.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2016, 06:27 PM)J24 Wrote:  Hell Miami played like what Golden State plays now when they had Lebron in the lineup.

No they didn't.  Not at all.  Golden state moves the ball and passes all around the court with multiple screens to get open shots.  Miami was basically all one-on-one isolation plays with LeBron or Wade going to the basket and Bosch planted on the wing waiting for a kick out pass if the lane got blocked.
Reply/Quote
BTW the NBA All-Star game has become as unwatchable as the Pro Bowl.
Reply/Quote
Good to see GS lose to the T-Wolves last night. I've been rooting against them getting the record since I was a big fan of that 95-96 Bulls team.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2016, 02:34 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Good to see GS lose to the T-Wolves last night. I've been rooting against them getting the record since I was a big fan of that 95-96 Bulls team.

They still have a pretty good chance at it after beating the Spurs.  They play them again, but I can see the Spurs resting players.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2016, 12:42 PM)jason Wrote: They still have a pretty good chance at it after beating the Spurs.  They play them again, but I can see the Spurs resting players.

Yeah, unless the Spurs decide to protect home court, the Warriors probably have the record.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Thank you Kobe.... Gonna be weird not seeing him play anymore
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
(04-14-2016, 06:18 AM)Trademark Wrote: Thank you Kobe.... Gonna be weird not seeing him play anymore

Ikr? Dude has been a star player since I was 15 years old and I'm 35 now.

Hard to imagine the NBA without him.
Reply/Quote