Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2015 NBA thread
I'm assuming OKC didn't come back from that stomping last night. This season and post season have been a waste. Put the Cavs in the finals, and start the GS and San Antonio series already.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Lebron has made 6 straight finals. Pretty damn impressive!!!
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(05-28-2016, 02:13 AM)J24 Wrote: Lebron has made 6 straight finals. Pretty damn impressive!!!

He's the only non Bill Russell teammate to ever pull that off.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(05-28-2016, 11:08 PM)jason Wrote: He's the only non Bill Russell teammate to ever pull that off.

Yep! Plus he has done it with two teams!!
J24

Reply/Quote
Klay Thompson is pretty good 11 3 pointers last night.
J24

Reply/Quote
(05-29-2016, 12:21 PM)J24 Wrote: Klay Thompson is pretty good 11 3 pointers last night.

I think OKC blew it in game 6. We'll know in the first 5 minutes tonight.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
I thought Stockton and Malone retired years ago. I'm pretty sure I watched them lose to Golden State last night.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
It looks like we're about to see a sweep in the Finals. Warriors have done an outstanding job covering Lebron.
J24

Reply/Quote
LeBron is still a great player. Cleveland can beat the Eastern teams with him. But against the West, they look out classed.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
The Warriors are great, but I hate the way they play basketball. Shooters camped out all over the 3PT line and running screens all day.

It only works because they have so many great shooters and it's nearly impossible to guard them all. Especially when Draymond is knocking down shots like he was in game 2. Only teams with length and good defense (Spurs, Thunder) stand a chance.

I still think the 95-96 Bulls were a more balanced and better team, and honestly I also think they had a more impressive run. Those Bulls only lost 3 playoff games while playing some of the best teams/players of that era. In the ECF, they swept the Shaq/Penny Magic. Then they beat a 64 win Sonics team that was top 3 on offense and defense.

These Cavs can cook on offense, but they're a very weak defensive team. Love and Kyrie have embarrassed themselves.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
When Thompson and Curry are hitting there is almost no way to beat the warriors. Most three point shooters camp around the perimeter and wait for kick out passes when the defense has been drawn in toward the paint. Curry is not only the greatest shooter ever, but he is also the best at creating his own shot. He doesn't need anyone to draw the defense away from him. He is so freaking quick off the dribble he can get a shot off against almost anyone.

But in the first two games the Warriors have not even needed him.
Reply/Quote
(06-06-2016, 03:51 PM)fredtoast Wrote: When Thompson and Curry are hitting there is almost no way to beat the warriors. Most three point shooters camp around the perimeter and wait for kick out passes when the defense has been drawn in toward the paint. Curry is not only the greatest shooter ever, but he is also the best at creating his own shot. He doesn't need anyone to draw the defense away from him. He is so freaking quick off the dribble he can get a shot off against almost anyone.

But in the first two games the Warriors have not even needed him.
There is no mystery to me as to why they are so good. The shooting is off the charts as you said, but man do they space the floor and move without the basketball well. Cleveland doesn't even seem to be running plays. LeBron or Kyrie just pound the air outta the ball while everyone else stands around. Everybody except JR Smith, who recklessly try to penetrate the lane instead of being himself.

I think LeBron is a horrible GM. It's showing in the 1st 2 games. Trading Wiggins for Love was idiotic. Tristan Thompson is a one trick pony who got paid because he has James's agent. How good would Joe Johnson be looking off the bench right now? They get next to nothing from their reserves. Tyron Lue is garbage as well. The curse of Cleveland lives on.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(06-06-2016, 09:24 PM)jason Wrote: There is no mystery to me as to why they are so good. The shooting is off the charts as you said, but man do they space the floor and move without the basketball well. Cleveland doesn't even seem to be running plays. LeBron or Kyrie just pound the air outta the ball while everyone else stands around. Everybody except JR Smith, who recklessly try to penetrate the lane instead of being himself.

I think LeBron  is a horrible GM. It's showing in the 1st 2 games. Trading Wiggins for Love was idiotic. Tristan Thompson is a one trick pony who got paid because he has James's agent. How good would Joe Johnson be looking off the bench right now? They get next to nothing from their reserves. Tyron Lue is garbage as well. The curse of Cleveland lives on.

Sadly it looks like they need to start from scratch with Lebron again. Lue is getting thoroughly outcoached, so he needs to go.

Love and Kyrie are probably poor fits as well. Both are terrible defensively and they probably need more of a pure PG than Kyrie.

If they could trade Kyrie for Chris Paul, that'd probably be ideal. I agree though, Lebron doesn't know what he's doing as a GM.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Kyrie is a great talent, but he should be a shooting guard instead of a point guard.

Kevin Love is also a great talent, but like Kyrie he is not very good on defense. I like Wiggins a lot, but if the Cavs had kept him instead of Love he would have been playing the same role as LeBron and they would not have meshed well together.

I don't think the Cavs need to completely blow up the roster. They just need a good pure PG and a little better coaching.
Reply/Quote
(06-07-2016, 01:00 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Kyrie is a great talent, but he should be a shooting guard instead of a point guard.

Kevin Love is also a great talent, but like Kyrie he is not very good on defense. I like Wiggins a lot, but if the Cavs had kept him instead of Love he would have been playing the same role as LeBron and they would not have meshed well together.

I don't think the Cavs need to completely blow up the roster. They just need a good pure PG and a little better coaching.

I don't even know if a pure point would help. LeBron has been the defacto PG on every team he's played for. As far as coaching goes, he seems to like to have a guy he can kick around on the bench.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Kyrie can play Defense he just needs to commit to playing it. I think a lot of his issues can be learned and fixed and his talent as a scorer is great, needed,and can't be taught. The main issue with the Cavs is Love doesn't fit because him and Lebron play the same position. Both need to be on the block to be at there best. Also love I not a great defender and he needs to be hidden.
J24

Reply/Quote
(06-08-2016, 02:35 PM)J24 Wrote: Kyrie can play Defense he just needs to commit to playing it. I think a lot of his issues can be learned and fixed and his talent as a scorer is great, needed,and can't be taught. The main issue with the Cavs is Love doesn't fit because him and Lebron play the same position. Both need to be on the block to be at there best. Also love I not a great defender and he needs to be hidden.

Defense in basketball is all about desire. A player has to want to play defense. Those two guys don't seem to want to. Kyrie's man is shooting 78% in this series. He's not guarding Shaq either. That's pitiful and inexcusable.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(06-08-2016, 03:01 PM)jason Wrote: Defense in basketball is all about desire. A player has to want to play defense. Those two guys don't seem to want to. Kyrie's man is shooting 78% in this series. He's not guarding Shaq either. That's pitiful and inexcusable.
Who is he guarding though? It's usually The MVP or a guy with huge height advantage of hin. Maybe he gets Barbosa sometimes but usually he has a tough matchup for him.
J24

Reply/Quote
(06-08-2016, 05:18 PM)J24 Wrote: Who is he guarding though? It's usually The MVP or a guy with huge height advantage of hin. Maybe he gets Barbosa sometimes but usually he has a tough matchup for him.
Whoever he is guarding is making 8 outta every 10 shots they take. It doesn't matter who it is. That's a great FT %, let alone FG %. He should be embarrassed. He also has 1 assist to LeBron in the series. He's literally doing nothing well. Hopefully that changes tonight.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(06-08-2016, 07:07 PM)jason Wrote: Whoever he is guarding is making 8 outta every 10 shots they take. It doesn't matter who it is. That's a great FT %, let alone FG %. He should be embarrassed. He also has 1 assist to LeBron in the series. He's literally doing nothing well. Hopefully that changes tonight.
It changed tonight; he played great on both ends.
J24

Reply/Quote