Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kudos to Zimmer
I've never been a Minnesota fan. I'm first and foremost a Bengals fan, and I'm more inclined to cheer for Green Bay in that division. But I've been following the Vikings a little since Zimmer left to become their HC. They are now 6-2, tied with GB in the division, and looking like a potential playoff team in the NFC. That is quite a feat, especially considering the problems they were having when Zimmer took over (the Adrian Peterson spanking-Gate, the stadium collapse, the search for a starting QB, etc.). Kudos to Zimmer! In my mind he is a stand-up guy who rebuilt our "D" into a dominant unit and made us competitive again. Go Coach Zimmer... until we play next, that is.
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote
Did you see how he refused to shake Fishers hand today after the game?  Zim was furious over Bridgewater getting knocked out of the game.  In his postgame interview he basically accused Greg "Bountygate" Williams of having his player take a cheap shot at Teddy.

A lot of people will claim he was going too far, but that is why his players absolutely love him.

Schemes and gameplans are only part of being a great coach.  Zimmer's strength is getting 100% effort out of his players.  That is what made our defense great when he was here, and that is why the Vikings are going to win a lot of games for him also.  His players give everything they have for him.
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2015, 01:41 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Did you see how he refused to shake Fishers hand today after the game?  Zim was furious over Bridgewater getting knocked out of the game.  In his postgame interview he basically accused Greg "Bountygate" Williams of having his player take a cheap shot at Teddy.

A lot of people will claim he was going too far, but that is why his players absolutely love him.

Schemes and gameplans are only part of being a great coach.  Zimmer's strength is getting 100% effort out of his players.  That is what made our defense great when he was here, and that is why the Vikings are going to win a lot of games for him also.  

Yep, and I love that attitude from Zimmer. He's not afraid to back down from anyone. Whether it's an owner, coach, or media.

Hope he continues to do well. He helped build something great here and he's building something great over there.
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2015, 01:41 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Did you see how he refused to shake Fishers hand today after the game?  Zim was furious over Bridgewater getting knocked out of the game.  In his postgame interview he basically accused Greg "Bountygate" Williams of having his player take a cheap shot at Teddy.

Schemes and gameplans are only part of being a great coach.  Zimmer's strength is getting 100% effort out of his players.  That is what made our defense great when he was here, and that is why the Vikings are going to win a lot of games for him also.  His players give everything they have for him.

he's right though. williams was the biggest reason sean payton got suspended for a year over bounty-gate. it's really no wonder. wouldn't be surprised if fisher gets suspended after an investigation into this sorta bullshit. and while i'm at it fisher's a tool in and of his own right. crucify dem *****!
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2015, 03:38 AM)WildCat Wrote: he's right though. williams was the biggest reason sean payton got suspended for a year over bounty-gate. it's really no wonder. wouldn't be surprised if fisher gets suspended after an investigation into this sorta bullshit. and while i'm at it fisher's a tool in and of his own right. crucify dem *****!

We gotta play the Rams in a few weeks.
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote
I still root for Zimmer. His PC was awesome and it's no wonder why players always rally around him.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
Zimmer is on my short list of favorite past coaches. The personal side regarding the loss of his wife while here, seeing how he handled that, just pulled you in to a world not normally revealed to average fans. Accountability was a strong suit with him, as well as challenging his guys to be the best version of themselves. Such a class act, and I still wish he was here.
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote

The Rams are inordinately good at injuring opposing QBs, go figure.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I'm surprised they even let Williams back in the league.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
I've always pretty much pulled for all the old NFC central teams.

I'd love to see Zimmer do really well, always liked him. It took him a long time to get a HC gig, he deserves it. And I agree with him - the hit on Bridgewater was dirty play I don't care what the talking heads say !
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2015, 09:03 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I agree with him - the hit on Bridgewater was dirty play I don't care what the talking heads say !

It looked like the guy intentionally dipped his shoulder to get the head shot.

Even if it was not intentional it sure looked that way in regular speed.
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2015, 09:07 PM)fredtoast Wrote: It looked like the guy intentionally dipped his shoulder to get the head shot.

Even if it was not intentional it sure looked that way in regular speed.

Exactly,

It was a bang - bang play and you can't fault continued momentum, But he intentionally dipped his shoulder down.
Reply/Quote
Vikings are my team to root for in the NFC simply because of Zimmer and Bridgewater. Both absolute class acts..... broke my heart when Zim left.
Reply/Quote