Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Grade My Mock Draft
I keep doing these mock drafts just to get a feel for where players are going and trying to develop a strategy.

My league with all my good friends (the league that matters) positions are QB, RB, RB, WR/TE, WR/TE, WR/TE, K, D, so I drafted it like I was drafting for that league.

It's also PPR (.5).

I picked the tenth slot.

1. Zeke Elliot: It was incredible that he fell this far, and I think people are just scared because he's a rookie and a little banged up, but Dallas has the best offensive line in football, so I think he'll put up big numbers (top three RB). Getting him at ten was a highway robbery.

2. Gronk- He'll be Garropolo's best friend while Brady's out as a security blanket and then we know he's Brady's favorite target, which Brady will light the league on fire when he comes back because he'll be pissed off.

3. Brandin Cooks- WR, Saints- Brees is still a stud and Cooks was his favorite target last year with eleven hundred yards and nine TDs. I do think Michael Thomas out of OSU could steal some value, but but Brees had the most passing yards in the league last season, so there's plenty of love to go around.

4. Jarvis Landry- WR, Dolphins- bit of a reach, but I think his quality was too much to pass on in PPR because dude was tied for third in the league last year with 11 receptions for 1,159 yards. Tannehill loves him. Only drafted him a half a round early, so not really much of a reach.

5. Michael Floyd- With all the weapons in Arizona, I think Palmer lights the world on fire and Floyd is a big beneficiary. Big steal here, imco.

6. Jeremy Hill- I think he's poised to have redemption year where he puts up at least 80 to 100 yards, plus he gets all of our goal line work, so 10 to 15 TDs. Plus, if our team keeps going down to injuries, we'll need to run the ball more.

7. Palmer- he's an absolute STEAL this late and VERY underrated, plus I'll get double points with Floyd. I think this pick could really do go a long ways towards me winning the league.

8. Allen Hurns- WR, Jax- with Robinson getting a lot of the attention, I think Hurns benefits and puts up solid numbers.

9. Marvin Jones- I think he'll struggle in Detroit without a big name across from him, but low risk and medium reward this late. He could be good or at least average.

10. TJ Yeldon- RB, Jax- I know I have Hurns and they could steal value from each other, but a starting back in his second year this late in the draft was too good to pass on.

11. Treadwell- WR, Vikings- rookie receiver late with a lot of upside ThumbsUp

12. Tavon Austin- WR, Rams- late pick just to fill out the roster, but he might be able to put up a decent week if I need him during bye weeks.

13. Bengals D- Atkins looks better than ever and I think our corners cold just have field days with interceptions. Let's hope injuries stay away and the offense gets healthy so they're not on the field all game.

14. Bailey- K, Cowboys- Was between him and Vinatieri, and I went with him because Vin's old and I think the Cowboys score more. Kickers aren't people anyways.

15. Bennet- TE, Patriots- I know I have Gronk, but the first preseason game made me believe that they'll both be involved in the offense a lot, not to mention that the Pats love two TE sets. Plus, they're re done targets, and the Pats will put up points. I liked the way they even lined him up out wide in the first preseason game because it's a great mismatch.

16. McKinnon- RB, Vikings- Peterson's the man, but he's old, so McKinnon is good just in case, and he should he some work anyways.

Opinons? Thoughts? Ideas? Improvements?

Like I said, I'm happy with it, but any recommendations on improvements can only help ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
Nobody?!
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2016, 04:28 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: 1.  Zeke Elliot:  It was incredible that he fell this far, and I think people are just scared because he's a rookie and a little banged up, but Dallas has the best offensive line in football, so I think he'll put up big numbers (top three RB).  Getting him at ten was a highway robbery.

I'm probably in the minority here (as evidenced my his draft rankings) but I'm not that high on Elliot.  Like, not at all as a top 20 option.  Here's why:

He has no history.  Like all rookies we have nothing to go off of.  And this is most concerning with RB's.  Why?  Because we don't know what the workload will look like.  He's a joining a backfield that already has Darren McFadden, who played well last year, and who just signed Alfred Morris.  Those guys aren't exactly chopped liver.Not to mention Dallas has been pass happy since forever.  Romo and Dez are healthy.  Other than Demarco's Murray's big year they've had a lot of Barber/Choice/Felix Jones committees.

To each their own but until I know he's capable, is going to see the bulk of the workload, and will be a force in both rushing and receiving, I'm cautious about him early on.

2.  Gronk- He'll be Garropolo's best friend while Brady's out as a security blanket and then we know he's Brady's favorite target, which Brady will light the league on fire when he comes back because he'll be pissed off.

Dig it.  Huge built in weekly point advantage here.  Lotta value there.

3.  Brandin Cooks- WR, Saints- Brees is still a stud and Cooks was his favorite target last year with eleven hundred yards and nine TDs.  I do think Michael Thomas out of OSU could steal some value, but but Brees had the most passing yards in the league last season, so there's plenty of love to go around.

Like it, don't love it.  He coud be really good though.

4.  Jarvis Landry- WR, Dolphins- bit of a reach, but I think his quality was too much to pass on in PPR because dude was tied for third in the league last year with 11 receptions for 1,159 yards.  Tannehill loves him.  Only drafted him a half a round early, so not really much of a reach.

In a PPR league this is a nice pick.

5.  Michael Floyd- With all the weapons in Arizona, I think Palmer lights the world on fire and Floyd is a big beneficiary.  Big steal here, imco.

I'm scared of all the names on that offense.  With Fitz posting big numbers last season in his new role, and with John Brown healthy I just don't know how consistent he's going to be.  There's probably a few weeks where he gets you nothing.

6.  Jeremy Hill- I think he's poised to have redemption year where he puts up at least 80 to 100 yards, plus he gets all of our goal line work, so 10 to 15 TDs.  Plus, if our team keeps going down to injuries, we'll need to run the ball more.

Great value.  Goes to show how much can change in a year, even when a player probably has the same value.  He's looking at the same workload and pairing as last season.  On offense that should score.  Round 6 is a bargain.

7.  Palmer- he's an absolute STEAL this late and VERY underrated, plus I'll get double points with Floyd.  I think this pick could really do go a long ways towards me winning the league.

Big fan of drafting a QB later this year.  The Rapist, Dalton, Romo, Ryan, Palmer, all going later.  All capable of outscoring the higher guys.

8.  Allen Hurns- WR, Jax- with Robinson getting a lot of the attention, I think Hurns benefits and puts up solid numbers.

Like it.

9.   Marvin Jones- I think he'll struggle in Detroit without a big name across from him, but low risk and medium reward this late.  He could be good or at least average.

Meh.

10.  TJ Yeldon- RB, Jax- I know I have Hurns and they could steal value from each other, but a starting back in his second year this late in the draft was too good to pass on.

Good value.

Just my 2 cents, obviously all of this is up for debate...
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2016, 01:40 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Just my 2 cents, obviously all of this is up for debate...

Up for debate, but good analysis and I appreciate it  ThumbsUp

1  You have me re-thinking Elliot.  The next two preseason games might give a better indication.  I'll have to look into the opinions of the "experts" more because some of them say they'd take him number one overall, but you do bring up one good points.  I think getting him at tenth was a low-risk/high-reward, but, like people say, you can't win your league in the first round, but you can lose it (although I did draft Hill first last year, who sucked, and still won my league).

2.  Yep.  I'm hoping he can put up two or three scores while Brady's out because, with a pissed off Brady coming back, I think he could challenge for his season high of 17 touchdowns.

3.  I think his floor is average or even above average and his ceiling is really high, so I'm loving the pick.

4.  Leagues that don't do PPR are stupid, IMCO, because catching the ball is a big part of football, and you can't get receiving yards without it.  Without PPR, you're not taking into account the total package or value of a receiver.

5.  I don't know about that.  Even on off-weeks, I still think he'll get me 10 points because that offense is going to be high-powered and will air-it-out.

6.  I took him first last year and still won my league, so this late is a HUGE steal and, like I said, I'm sure he'll at least vulture a bunch of touchdowns.

7.   I agree, and I could probably get Brady this late, too.  If the draft goes somewhat like this and I have two back-to-back picks and they're both still there, I might take Palmer and then Brady with the very next pick because double points with Gronk is also very nice and I think they both outplay everyone else and make them regret on passing on them.  Either I have great trade bait, or I have two quarterbacks with having a receiver for each one that gets me double points.

8.  Agree.

9.  Agree.

10.  Agree.

Thanks for the insight!
Reply/Quote
A lot of value with Elliott at 10. I like the first 5 rounds. You weren't going to get better receivers than the 3 you got when you got them. If you can't get a stud in round 1, you just won't have one, but you're basically going to have 3 #2s, which is fine. Just wait to find the guy on waivers who inevitably blows up.

Palmer where you got him was good. I would have tried to have gotten another RB before Yeldon, but it's a balanced team. If you can't get Gostkowski round 9 or 10, there's no point (in my opinion) in picking a kicker until the last round. Same with getting a top D, but Bengals is worth drafting prior to the second to last round.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2016, 08:52 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: A lot of value with Elliott at 10. I like the first 5 rounds. You weren't going to get better receivers than the 3 you got when you got them. If you can't get a stud in round 1, you just won't have one, but you're basically going to have 3 #2s, which is fine. Just wait to find the guy on waivers who inevitably blows up.

Palmer where you got him was good. I would have tried to have gotten another RB before Yeldon, but it's a balanced team. If you can't get Gostkowski round 9 or 10, there's no point (in my opinion) in picking a kicker until the last round. Same with getting a top D, but Bengals is worth drafting prior to the second to last round.

Thanks.

Only receivers I'd take in one are Brown (which getting him and then drafting Ben in a later round might be good, but I don't know that my self-respect would let me draft either one), Julio (I just don't trust Matt Ryan this year for some reason), Beckham (but I think Shephard will steal some targets from him, and plus I don't trust the Giants), and Hopkins, but Osweiller looked like shit in the first preseason game, so I don't trust him yet.

I figured kickers aren't real people, but I had a pretty solid squad and there were still quality players left, so I could take a kicker and a D early.
Reply/Quote
This was my latest. Drafted 11th of 12 (where I will draft since I was 2nd last season). League is PPR with 3 WRs, 2 RBs, 1 TE, and a flex (R/W/T)

1. Dez Bryant
2. Allen Robinson
3. Carlos Hyde
4. Demaryius Thomas
5. Matt Jones
6. Carson Palmer
7. Jeremy Langford
8. Steve Smith
9. Tyler Eifert
10. Antonio Gates
11. Charles Sims
12. Justin Forsett
13. Laquon Treadwell
14. Justin Tucker
15. Skins D.

Keeper with the spot being determined by when they were drafted. I'm hoping Langford blows up as a starter and is a value keeper. He'd only cost me a 5th rounder if I kept him.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Didn't John Brown just get suspended for 4 games? That has to help Fitz value.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(08-17-2016, 09:54 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: This was my latest. Drafted 11th of 12 (where I will draft since I was 2nd last season). League is PPR with 3 WRs, 2 RBs, 1 TE, and a flex (R/W/T)

1. Dez Bryant  Dez will put up HUGE numbers if Romo can stay healthy
2. Allen Robinson  I'm VERY big on Allen Robinson
3. Carlos Hyde  I'm not big on Hyde.  I just think he has a rough year and his first preseason game didn't look promising, but maybe he'll be good
4. Demaryius Thomas  Thomas struggled late in the year (injured, I think?) and Sanchez throwing him the ball seems like a dumpster fire
5. Matt Jones  Worries me with fumbling and doesn't impress me too much
6. Carson Palmer  Love it
7. Jeremy Langford  Struggled last season but did score a lot.  He could be good if he gets more consistant
8. Steve Smith  Coming off injury and he's like 37.........  I don't like the pick
9. Tyler Eifert  Should be good and great value this late
10. Antonio Gates  Him and Smith can hang out and play Bingo with all the other old folks......  not a fan
11. Charles Sims
12. Justin Forsett
13. Laquon Treadwell
14. Justin Tucker
15. Skins D.

Keeper with the spot being determined by when they were drafted. I'm hoping Langford blows up as a starter and is a value keeper. He'd only cost me a 5th rounder if I kept him.
I'm not real high on it.
Reply/Quote