Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2015 Preseason Game 2
Bengals lose to the Buccaneers 11-25

-Andy Dalton goes 6/13 for 46 yards and 2 INTs (including a pick 6)
-Jeremy Hill and Gio combine for 24 yards on 7 carries

A quote about the game:

"The pick-six wasn't Dalton's fault, but Bengals fans would have preferred to see a better outing from their starting quarterback considering he received extensive playing time well into the second quarter. The timing with No. 1 Receiver A.J. Green appeared to be an issue as well, which is concerning since they have been together since 2011."

As we know, the Bengals started the season 8-0 and ended 12-4 earning a home game in the playoffs.

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2015082451/2015/PRE2/bengals@buccaneers#menu=gameinfo%7CcontentId%3A0ap3000000515795&tab=analyze&analyze=boxscore
Reply/Quote
In summer 2013 I had a lot of Taco Bell after quite a few drinks one night. Went to sleep afterwards and woke up like a champ next morning.  ThumbsUp

In winter of 2016, I had a lot of Taco Bell late one night after drinks. Went to sleep only to wake up during the night doing the waddle sprints to the bathroom.   Sick
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
So, your point is that it's preseason and a time where you work out the kinks and bugs.

One of the announcers last night said that last year Cleveland won all four of its preseason games. This morning Cowboy fans are probably consoling themselves with; well, it's the preseason and our first squad looked good. While the Bengals may be saying the opposite. Still, it was neat to see the Bengal second teamers move the ball so well.
Reply/Quote
Preseason 2015 - coming off 4 winning seasons in a row
Preseason 2018 - coming off 2 losing seasons in a row
Reply/Quote
2015 we also had Zeitler, Whit, and Smith all playing at an NFL level. Right now our offensive line has big questions and the answers to them are not exciting.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2018, 11:48 AM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Bengals lose to the Buccaneers 11-25

-Andy Dalton goes 6/13 for 46 yards and 2 INTs (including a pick 6)
-Jeremy Hill and Gio combine for 24 yards on 7 carries

A quote about the game:

"The pick-six wasn't Dalton's fault, but Bengals fans would have preferred to see a better outing from their starting quarterback considering he received extensive playing time well into the second quarter. The timing with No. 1 Receiver A.J. Green appeared to be an issue as well, which is concerning since they have been together since 2011."

As we know, the Bengals started the season 8-0 and ended 12-4 earning a home game in the playoffs.

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2015082451/2015/PRE2/bengals@buccaneers#menu=gameinfo%7CcontentId%3A0ap3000000515795&tab=analyze&analyze=boxscore

Yeah, i didnt expect us to win many games after that outing. Tampa spanked us.

The Patriots and Colts both had Preseasons where they lost every game and ended up winning the Superbowl.

I knew it was going to take time for the O-line namely to gel. I think we should know a lot more about this team next week.

BTW, i thought that was the 3rd Preseason game when we played Tampa?
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2018, 12:07 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Preseason 2015 - coming off 4 winning seasons in a row
Preseason 2018 - coming off 2 losing seasons in a row

Yet after both games the sky was falling regardless of the performance of the previous seasons.
Reply/Quote
Here is some good fun.

http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE?page=303

Those are our thoughts after the 2015 preseason game (look towards the bottom of the page). You can see many of the same reactions.
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2018, 01:33 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Yet after both games the sky was falling regardless of the performance of the previous seasons.

The argument after the 2015 Bucs game was that we still weren't looking good in prime-time despite all out talent and success, and in 2015 we went 1-4 in prime time by beating the Browns, but losing to the Texans, Cardinals, Broncos, and Steelers.  Perhaps it was a coincidence, but we carried that issue into the regular season.

The sky is falling now because we are a team with 2 losing seasons in a row with a bad o line and a 32nd ranked offense looking very much like the same issue-laden team that looked over-matched in the past 2 years.  Yes, people overdo it when it comes to preseason freakouts, but let's not act like a franchise with decades of "Ehh...that'll do" football deserves optimism out the arse.

(08-19-2018, 01:41 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Here is some good fun.

http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE?page=303

Those are our thoughts after the 2015 preseason game (look towards the bottom of the page). You can see many of the same reactions.

Ha, good find.  Here is what I said after that 2015 pre-season game:

(08-25-2015, 02:00 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I'd brush this off as merely pre-season had the errors exhibited not been exceedingly representative of this team's real-game failings.  Furthermore, if the Steelers looked this bad in a prime-time pre-season game we'd be predicting a 5-11 season for them.

and I also said this:

(08-25-2015, 02:32 PM)Nately120 Wrote: In all fairness I don't think I was one to be too high, nor too low on this team.  

AJ is a very good WR who made a costly error
Dalton looked pretty lousy
Gio was ok-ish
I always point out that people like to extrapolate Hill's YPA and TDs to some ludicrously productive season while failing to extrapolate his fumbles into something downright scary
I personally said Eifert being "uncoverable" made me think our defense was suspect (and the Bucs sort of proved it for now)
I thought our o-line was supposed to be good, but last night?  Ouch
Geurnurtherurr is too vanilla...promoting from within does not give me visions of awesome

Anywho, I would like to aim a quote from Elton John at the Bengals:  Baby you're crazy if you think that you can fool me, because I've seen that movie, too.

OH and the worst part was watching AJ McCarron simply refuse to throw the football.  What the fudge?

Oh man, I somewhat predicted the Hill meltdown! I was wrong about Eifert, though. I came around mid-season and bought his jersey and then he got injured and hasn't been the same since.
Reply/Quote