Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2015 playoff game
(06-02-2019, 05:15 PM)OandB Wrote: They just played the 2015 wild card game vs the Steelers... still can't understand all the terrible calls on us and that messy ending..

SMH...

Are you okay, man? Self-harm is never the solution and we're all worried about you.
Reply/Quote
Jeremy Hill lost us that game by fumbling the ball in the 4th.
Reply/Quote
(06-03-2019, 08:49 PM)scorp1974 Wrote: Jeremy Hill lost us that game by fumbling the ball in the 4th.

Which was an extra big kick in the arse seeing as we spent the off-season demanding that Hue give Hill the ball over and over and over.  Less passing, less Dalton and AJ, less Gio more more more more more Hill.  Jeremy Hill went into 2015 as the one who was going to break the drought as long as we were smart enough to give him the ball and he went out of 2015 as THE reason that we blew it and the season was a waste.

summer of 2015 - WE GOTTA GIVE HILL THE BAAWWWL!!!! 30+ touches! DOWNHILL running! Get that RHYTHM goin'!!!! Next Corey Dillion..or betteR!?
January of 2016 to present - WE NEVER SHOULDA GIVEN HILL THE BAAAWWWLLL!!! Zero touches! HE has no rhythm to get going!

Well, at least we've learned not to get overwhelmed by our own off-season hype since then, eh?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-03-2019, 08:49 PM)scorp1974 Wrote: Jeremy Hill lost us that game by fumbling the ball in the 4th.

Hill deserves a share of the blame, but he gave the Steelers the ball on their own 9 yard line with just 1:23 left and their QB could barely throw the ball.  They were still on the 47 yard line with 22 seconds left and zero time outs when Vontaze and Pac handed them the victory.
Reply/Quote
(06-02-2019, 09:27 PM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: At least Dalton didn’t fumble by diving forward for xtra yards that game.

or AJ drop a sure TD pass, or Gio, or Gresham stone hand a bunch of passes, or our D line not put any pressure on the QB, or our D get beat by TJ Yates, or... 

Most of those previous playoff games have been some terrible Bengals football.

The end.

:paul:
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(06-02-2019, 11:25 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Man, I don't think I could re-watch that game.

Which brings me to this: What classic Bengals games with positive outcomes do we have to watch? The Freezer Bowl? The last playoff win over Houston in 1991?

The 09 Steelers game in PBS when Brian Leonard extended the drive and Andre Caldwell got the game winning touchdown. 

Reply/Quote
(06-02-2019, 06:25 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: If only the great AJ McCarron had been able to lead the offense to even 3 points in the first 3 quarters smh

And yet, McCarron ended the game with a higher QB rating than any of Andy’s Playoff meltdowns. The Bengals were ahead before Jeremy, Vontaze, and Pac-Man gave it away.
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
(06-04-2019, 10:01 PM)t3r3e3 Wrote: And yet, McCarron ended the game with a higher QB rating than any of Andy’s Playoff meltdowns. The Bengals were ahead before Jeremy, Vontaze, and Pac-Man gave it away.

Burfict was the only one that showed up in the first 3 qtrs of the game and the only reason AJ was finally able to get a little momentum and a TD. Always find it funny people want to blame him when he was the main reason we ever had a chance in that game
Reply/Quote
(06-03-2019, 02:24 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: somehow you don't include 2006 was also a year we lead the league in IR.....     Losing 5 players in week 2 alone

- Why would I include 2006 in totality when I was pointing out that Marvin's team collapsed up 21 points at half time and ultimately lost 49-41... at home? That game should have been an easy finish, but he was out coached and unprepared.

- Look at the starting lineup for that week 10 game for the Bengals (listed below). Injuries? Pfffffft! No.

- Marvin showed who he was to me that game as I found the Bengals collapse indicative of the kind of coaching that was to follow for the next decade plus and I was right on. If Marvin couldn't win THAT game with THAT roster (I'll list the starters for that game below if you're concerned about injuries) and THAT lead at the half... he's trash.

Marvin was a garbage coach who should have been gone after he missed the playoffs in 06 & 07 with supremely talented rosters. Look at the scores from those two seasons. The Bengals missed the playoffs both years by 1 game. If the Bengals would have held opponents to 23 points or less they would have tied or won 12... TWELVE more games between those two seasons and been the #1 or 2 seed in the AFC both years. Marvin, the defensive guru, showed he was a product of Ray Lewis' greatness and nothing else. Absolute gutter trash and one of the worst coaches over the last 20 years when you look at the talent he had. Injuries?... I spit on that notion. The guy sucked.

2006 Bengals Starting Lineup against the Chargers per Pro-Football Reference....
https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/200611120cin.htm#all_vis_starters

Bengals Starters

Player
Carson Palmer
QB
Chris Perry
RB
Jeremi Johnson
FB
T.J. Houshmandzadeh
WR
Chad Johnson
WR
Reggie Kelly
TE
Andrew Whitworth
LOT
Eric Steinbach
LG
Eric Ghiaciuc
C
Bobbie Williams
RG
Willie Anderson
ROT
Bryan Robinson
LDE
Sam Adams
LDT
John Thornton
RDT
Justin Smith
RDE
Rashad Jeanty
SLB
Ahmad Brooks
MLB
Landon Johnson
WLB
Deltha O'Neal
LCB
Tory James
RCB
Dexter Jackson
SS
Madieu Williams
FS
Reply/Quote
(06-05-2019, 12:17 AM)PDub80 Wrote: If Marvin couldn't win THAT game with THAT roster (I'll list the starters for that game below if you're concerned about injuries) and THAT lead at the half... he's trash.

San Diego went 14-2 that year with 7 Pro Bowlers, 4 All Pros, and probably 3 Hall of Famers.

How the hell can you argue that Marvin had a better roster?  That is absurd.

Deltha O'Neal cost us that game by giving up 2 or 3 tds in the second half and Marvin replaced him in the starting line up the next week.
Reply/Quote
Has anyone ever noticed that guys that are Professional Bowlers are generally really good at Football too?

I think we should draft more of these guys.
Reply/Quote
That drop pick by Rey in the endzone was a big play as well.
Reply/Quote