Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2016 Bengals Bold Predictions
(08-08-2016, 11:22 AM)Nately120 Wrote: I'm both confused AND amused at this:

[Image: Bengals.jpg]

Hey all the bold predictions are all positive.  OP doesn't say the predictions can't be bold on the other end!  Just playing a part to mix things up. There is as much of a percentage of this prediction to be wrong as any of the other ones, with the exception of grampahol's safe predictions.
Reply/Quote
Dalton passes for 4500 yards and more than 36 touchdowns. Is in the MVP discussion the entire year.
Green proves he is truly elite. 110 catches, 1600 yards, and 16 touchdowns. First team All Pro.
Eifert catches 70 balls for 850 yards and 13 touchdowns. This has a BIG asterisk next to it, assuming he does not miss time.
Dunlap and Atkins combine for 30 sacks (18 Dunlap and 12 Atkins), both are first team All Pro.
Burfict gets two quick personal foul penalties in his first couple games back, and is suspended again by the league.
As others have predicted success for Hunt, I am not sure this counts as "bold", but he does not make the 53 man roster.

Bengals win the Division, get the bye because of New England struggling under Garrapolo, and somehow eek out a win in the divisional round. Unfortunately, they face Brady (a man possessed) in the AFC Championship Game, and lose at home.

Bengals draft a first round cornerback in the 2017 draft. He is hurt in camp, missing most of his rookie season, but many posters say this is actually a good thing because he can learn from those in front of him.
Reply/Quote
The night before the home opener Mike has to enter a NKY gentleman's club and pull Katie down off of the pole.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
Hill has 1,400 yards from scrimmage and avgs better than a 4.5 ypc

Tyler Boyd breaks 1,000 yards his first season

Defense ranks #1 in sacks

Shawn Williams makes the pro bowl
Reply/Quote
(08-08-2016, 10:31 PM)Gohards Wrote: Hill has 1,400 yards from scrimmage and avgs better than a 4.5 ypc

I like that one.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-08-2016, 10:31 PM)Gohards Wrote: Hill has 1,400 yards from scrimmage and avgs better than a 4.5 ypc

IF these things happen, I'm going to go out on a limb and say they also win the Super Bowl...for the next three years
Reply/Quote
(08-08-2016, 08:55 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: #1 prediction is a Super Bowl victory

The nuts and bolts:

Dalton is league MVP (Vegas offering 33-1)
Running game hits stride, goes 4.5 YPC
Tyler Boyd has 50 receptions
Gio has 50 receptions
Nick Vigil starts by midseason in nickel
Margus Hunt gets 9 sacks (you did say BOLD)
Rothlisburger gets divorced when his wife gives birth to Burfict's son

I can get behind every single one of these.
Confucius say, he who go to bed with itchy butt wake up with smelly finger.
Reply/Quote
Chris Henry comes back from the dead and catches the first pass in the playoffs. He had a lot of potential. RIP how quickly we forget.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
Marvin Lewis finally coaches the Bengals to a playoff win. I know right ? But hey if you're gonna dream, dream big.
Reply/Quote
(08-06-2016, 04:14 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: Last year a lot of my bold predictions came true (even though it was met with criticism before the season), so I'm going to try to get just as many right this year. Here are my bold predictions for the Bengals 2015 season.

The defense will be in the top 5 or better
The defense will have at least 44 sacks
The defense will have at least 19 INTs
The offense will be in the top 7 or better
AJ Green will have 1500+ yards and 14+ TDs
Eifert will have 800+ yards and 12+ TDs
Boyd and LaFell will both have at least 600 yards
Dalton will throw for 4400+ yards and 34+ TDs
Dalton will have 11 or less INTs
Jeremy Hill will only lose 1 fumble in the regular season
Gio Bernard will have at least 1100 all purpose yards and 8 total TDs
Bengals sweep the division
Bengals get a first round bye

Here's hoping your Dalton prediction is correct!  I got him LATE in my fantasy draft and it'd be sweet to see him rock out this year!
Reply/Quote