Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2016 Four Round Mock Draft For Need
1st:
Jaylon Smith - ILB/OLB - Notre Dame
Height: 6’2” Weight: 235

[Image: jaylon-smith-danny-spond.jpg]

If there is one thing that this coaching staff loves in it’s LBers it is versatility. With AJ Hawk and Maualuga only around for another year or so, expect the Bengals to draft a LB for the future.
Smith can play every LB position in the 4-3. His versatility is probably the best in this upcoming draft class. Smith shows impressive speed and athleticism for a middle LB and can provide sufficient support in defending the pass as well.

With a healthy Burfict… imagine a starting LB corps of
Dawson – Smith – Burfict

2nd:
Robert Nkemdiche – DE - Ole Miss
Height: 6’4” Weight: 280

[Image: Robert-Nkemdiche.jpg]

Nkemdiche is the type of prospect that has all of the physical talent in the world, and was a top prospect out of HS, but hasn’t put it entirely together yet on the college field.  He has produced very solid numbers in the SEC, but has not been the stand out/dominant defender that many projected him to be.  On more than one occasion he has flashed signs of brilliance, but to this point in his career he has lacked consistency and that is the only reason why this versatile physical specimen is available in the 2nd for us.

He has the talent and size to play DE in a 4-3 and to drop down to DT in pass rush situations.  Adding this talent to our D-Line would go a long way to fix our pass rush situation.

3rd:
Rashard Higgins – WR - Colorado State
Height: 6’2” Weight: 188

[Image: B9317741849Z.1_20150615173402_000_GOQB3BIT3.1-0.jpg]

Who the hell is Rashard Higgins you may be asking yourself? Well I will tell you.  He is a dominant receiver that had 96 receptions, 1,750 yards receiving and 17 TDs last season.  Higgins exhibits excellent route running and well above average hands.  At 6’2” he has a great size, but does not have top end speed.  He does however play faster than his 4.55 forty time.  This is the #2 receiver we have been looking for!

4th:
Eric Murray – CB - Minnesota
Height: 6’0” Weight: 194

[Image: ncf_i_murray_gb1_600x400.jpg]

Murray is the ideal corner in our defensive scheme.  Think of him as a slightly less talented version of Dennard coming out of college.  Murray would complete the youth movement at the CB position and give us the flexibility to move on from Adam Jones and transition Leon Hall to safety. 

Murray excels in tough man coverage.  He is a physical corner that has the speed and technique to maintain coverage down the field.  Moving forward at the CB positon we would have:
Kirkpatrick, Dennard, Shaw, Hill, Murray
With Leon Hall as a versatile CB-S
Reply/Quote
At this stage, getting Smith or Nkemdiche at those spots would be a little over ideal....
Reply/Quote
Jaylon Smith is easy on the football eyes.
Reply/Quote
(06-17-2015, 12:55 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: At this stage, getting Smith or Nkemdiche at those spots would be a little over ideal....

Smith I think is a strong possbility... Nkemdiche I know is a bit of a stretch.  However, everything I have look at projection wise for him (at this point... yes it is still really early) has him anywhere between the 1st and the 3rd.
Reply/Quote
So far, Nkemdiche's college career reminds me of Dunlap's. A big time recruit who can dominate when he wants to be, but also takes plays/series/games off. At this point I wouldn't really be surprised to see RN go top-5 or in the third.
Reply/Quote
(06-19-2015, 03:22 PM)blt4584 Wrote: So far, Nkemdiche's college career reminds me of Dunlap's. A big time recruit who can dominate when he wants to be, but also takes plays/series/games off. At this point I wouldn't really be surprised to see RN go top-5 or in the third.

That is exactly how I feel about him.
Reply/Quote