Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2016 Free Agency Satisfaction?
(03-27-2016, 08:48 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Were not as good as we were prior to free agency, so im unsatisfied.

Same here thus far.
Reply/Quote
It's the worst Offensive draft in decades, and we chose to use the draft to replenish the offense. The draft is loaded on the defensive side of the ball and we use free agency to load up on defense. Head scratcher.

Kinda like last year when we used the draft to double up on OT, and TE. The weakest positions in the draft mind you. Who knows what they're doing anymore.

I'm happy they retained Iloka and Jones tho.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(03-28-2016, 12:57 PM)jj22 Wrote: It's the worst Offensive draft in decades, and we chose to use the draft to replenish the offense. The draft is loaded on the defensive side of the ball and we use free agency to load up on defense. Head scratcher.

Kinda like last year when we used the draft to double up on OT, and TE. The weakest positions in the draft mind you. Who knows what they're doing anymore.

I'm happy they retained Iloka and Jones tho.

We couldnt help Marvin and Mo leaving in free agency. They both were set joining different teams in search of a better role. Im ok with that. Were kinda in a bad spot because the WR's in free agency are gonna get overpaid, and the ones still out there aren't very good, not to mention the ones in the draft aren't exactly gathering rave reviews.

The good thing is we only need a number 2 WR. I would be super nervous if we needed to replace AJ. 
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(03-28-2016, 12:57 PM)jj22 Wrote: It's the worst Offensive draft in decades, and we chose to use the draft to replenish the offense. The draft is loaded on the defensive side of the ball and we use free agency to load up on defense. Head scratcher.

Actaully it is not a head scrather at all.  We draft based on what we need instead of just taking whatever position is hot in the draft.

I guess if a draft has a lot of good QBs you would suggest we take one no matter what we need.

None of the signings we have made so far will influence what we do in the draft.  Guys like Thompson and Sims are not going to preclude us from drafting one of the good DTs coming out this year.
Reply/Quote
After getting Dansby i am much more satisfied. If we add Lafell to the fold it gets even better.
Reply/Quote
Veteran WR is still a need. I'm not sold on LaFell but it's better then going into 2016 with Tate as our #2. Roddy White and Anquan Boldin are still out there. I wish they would strongly consider upgrading the center position in free agency, Stefan Wisneiwski is still available. They seem pretty sold on Bodine though.
Reply/Quote
Satisfaction rating just increased, but it will take a Reggie Nelson signing to make me feel the need for a cigarette.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
Got Lafell, i am satisfied. I don't think a Reggie deal is imminent, but that doesn't mean that he is gone.

But if Reggie does not come back it is not the end of the world either. I think Shawn will be a fine Safety
and Derron Smith is a ballhawk. It is not like these two are scrubs and Shawn should start eventually, being
a 3rd round Draft pick in all. He can cover, tackle and make interceptions. He has the tools.
Reply/Quote
If we sign Nelson I think that free agency went great!
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2016, 05:25 PM)Shady Wrote: Satisfaction rating just increased, but it will take a Reggie Nelson signing to make me feel the need for a cigarette.

Pretty much my sentiments, too.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I think everyone agrees, Reggie Nelson would be the cherry on top to a great FA.
Reply/Quote
If we can finish off with signing Reggie Nelson, I think this would be the best free agency period that I could have ever realistically hoped to see this off season.
Reply/Quote
Great free agency honestly for the Bengals. Signing Iloka was huge, Pacman even bigger, and then being able to add Dansby and Lafell will help a lot. I would have loved to re-sign Marvin Jones but the fact the Bengals offered him the same money even though it seemed a bit high actually pleases me. It shows the commitment that they wanted to keep the guys together instead of penny pinching and to build on the success from last season. If we can get some things to fall our way in the draft to land another quality WR for next season then that would be awesome. Obviously as others have mentioned it would also still be nice to see Reggie Nelson come back.
[Image: fadQsr.png]
Reply/Quote
Whats left on my Free Agency Check List:

1. Bring back Reggie and Leon let them retire Bengals. But at the right price obviously. At least one of the two would do.

2. Stefen Wisniewski - Still young and an upgrade over Bodine.

3. Kicker. Nugent needs to be reminded that he can easily be replaced.

If these things get accomplished then I can say that id be satisfied. Realistically I see only one of them happening.
Reply/Quote
As of right now, I would give the Bengals a solid B. I almost went with a B+. Signing Nelson back would push it to an A for sure. The Bengals kept key defensive free agents that they had to, they made a serious push to bring back their #2 WR, and they brought in help in Dansby and LaFell. I understand the Sims and Thompson signings, but this is a pretty deep draft for DTs. I think they could draft someone who would be better and cheaper. I understand they could still do that, but we'll have to wait and see.

Brandon ***** Tate blows my mind. Why in the hell do they keep re-signing this guy? Even with the wasted money that Tate is getting, the team did pretty good. Losing Jones and Sanu could've really made this FA period a tough one for the team. Instead, they signed some key pieces and added some quality outside pieces.
Reply/Quote
Now that Dansby and LaFell are here, I consider it an A.
If Nelson or Hall is brought back, A+.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-30-2016, 05:25 PM)Shady Wrote: Satisfaction rating just increased, but it will take a Reggie Nelson signing to make me feel the need for a cigarette.

(03-30-2016, 08:00 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: If we sign Nelson I think that free agency went great!

(03-30-2016, 08:03 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Pretty much my sentiments, too.

(03-31-2016, 03:33 AM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: I think everyone agrees, Reggie Nelson would be the cherry on top to a great FA.

(03-31-2016, 08:31 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: If we can finish off with signing Reggie Nelson, I think this would be the best free agency period that I could have ever realistically hoped to see this off season.

Reggies is recovering from an injury.  I don't think any team will sign him for quite q while.  he has to be able to show he is healthy.  Considering that he just got injured in January, there is a good chance he will not even be ready in time to start the season on an active roster.
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2016, 12:04 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Now that Dansby and LaFell are here, I consider it an A.
If Nelson or Hall is brought back, A+.

Same here, good stuff.
Reply/Quote
I knocked the Bengals when they lost Jones but it appears that my thinking was flawed and that Jones went to Detroit only because he'd be a #1 receiver. In that light, the Bengals did all they could I guess.

They've been solid. I feel better that they signed LaFell and Dansby was a good addition. They will get 2 4th round Comp picks next year so that needs to be added to the equation.
Reply/Quote
This is one of the best free agencies I can remember considering how many starters we were going to lose. I am actually happy we lost Sanu and Jones because our team didn't over pay and bog down this team. Lafell contract is a 1 year 2.5 mil with .5 mil in bonus opportunity. That is a great deal for us no matter how you look at it. Jones got over paid, but Sanu raped the Atlanta falcons with that deal.

Dansby is one of the most versatile and durable line backers in the league. I'm totally stoked for this year now I just hope the draft falls well for us.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote