Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2016 HOF class
http://www.profootballhof.com/pro-football-hall-of-fames-class-of-2016-announced/?utm_source=Facebook&utm_medium=Class-of-2016-Announcement&utm_campaign=2016-social-media
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(02-07-2016, 12:31 PM)McC Wrote: http://www.profootballhof.com/pro-football-hall-of-fames-class-of-2016-announced/?utm_source=Facebook&utm_medium=Class-of-2016-Announcement&utm_campaign=2016-social-media

Only one I'd complain about is DeBartolo.  He ended up leaving in shame because he was linked to a gambling ring?  He also almost destroyed the Penguins which he also owned.

Stabler should have been in before he died.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Agree about Stabler. Gotta love having another lefty QB in the Hall.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(02-07-2016, 12:45 PM)McC Wrote: Agree about Stabler.  Gotta love having another lefty QB in the Hall.

And he should have been in before Young.  
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2016, 12:47 PM)GMDino Wrote: And he should have been in before Young.  

No argument here.

Kevin Greene was a helluva player.  Is he on the Steelers' staff?

Reply/Quote
(02-07-2016, 12:51 PM)McC Wrote: No argument here.

Kevin Greene was a helluva player.  Is he on the Steelers' staff?

I thought he was one of those "trainee" type coaches at one time, but I looked it up:

Quote:During the 2008 season Greene, along with former Steeler Jason Gildon, served an internship for the Pittsburgh Steelers as an assistant linebackers coach during training camp. On January 26, 2009, Greene was hired as an Outside Linebackers Coach for the Green Bay Packers by Dom Capers. The Packers were transitioning into a 3-4 base defense from their traditional 4-3 base. Greene played for Capers for two years as a Steeler, and then followed Capers to Carolina when Capers was named first head coach of the Panthers. On February 6, 2011, the Packers won Super Bowl XLV, the first time Greene had ever been part of an NFL championship team. On January 17, 2014, it was announced that he would be stepping away from coaching "in order to spend more time with (his) wife, Tara, and (his) children, Gavin and Gabrielle". Kevin is currently coaching football at Niceville High School in Florida. He hopes to return to coaching after his children are in college.

So he got his Super Bowl ring by the Packers beating the Steelers!   Cool 

This is what I shared on Facebook when it was announced though:

http://www.wwe.com/videos/kevin-greene-ric-flair-rowdy-roddy-piper-vs-kevin-nash-scott-hall-syxx-slamboree-26009506

ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
Good class though Warner and TO should have made it in instead of a couple on that list.

Warner was 1-2 in Super Bowl games with 2 different teams, and no other QB in the history of the game has come as close to winning 2 SBs with two different teams as he did. Also without him there would have never been the Greatest Show on Turf. Many point to that team as the one that changed the league to a "passing league" ever since. He should have got in for his impact on the game even if he was late bloomer in the league. Plus he was a far better QB than Stabler was, but Stabler shouldve made it years ago. But to put Dungy in over Warner? I call Dungy the affirmative action selection this soon after he retired imo cause if he was white, he wouldnt have made it this time around, though he was a good coach for sure.

TO's numbers should have made him an easy first time HoFer. Look at Marvin Harrison and TO's numbers, and then look at the QBs they had. TO smashes MH numbers, yet his drama off the field is the only reason he didnt make it in. His performance on a broken leg in the Super BOwl he played in with the Eagles was one for the ages, even if they lost, because that was unreal looking back at that game. Heck even in Cincy at the end of his career he still had good numbers even as they 4-12.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2016, 02:30 PM)Millhouse Wrote: Good class though Warner and TO should have made it in instead of a couple on that list.

Warner was 1-2 in Super Bowl games with 2 different teams, and no other QB in the history of the game has come as close to winning 2 SBs with two different teams as he did. Also without him there would have never been the Greatest Show on Turf. Many point to that team as the one that changed the league to a "passing league" ever since. He should have got in for his impact on the game even if he was late bloomer in the league. Plus he was a far better QB than Stabler was, but Stabler shouldve made it years ago. But to put Dungy in over Warner? I call Dungy the affirmative action selection this soon after he retired imo cause if he was white, he wouldnt have made it this time around, though he was a good coach for sure.

TO's numbers should have made him an easy first time HoFer. Look at Marvin Harrison and TO's numbers, and then look at the QBs they had. TO smashes MH numbers, yet his drama off the field is the only reason he didnt make it in. His performance on a broken leg in the Super BOwl he played in with the Eagles was one for the ages, even if they lost, because that was unreal looking back at that game. Heck even in Cincy at the end of his career he still had good numbers even as they 4-12.

There is something to that in that he broke some barriers in minority coaching that probably gave him a nod over others this year.  Also the HOF voters REALLY seem to like the one who are eligible and ALSO work for the NFL or one of the networks.

TO's problem is the same a LOT of WR 's are going to face going forward as there is a backlog of really good ones that don't get in initially so they get voted in later while other ones keep getting pushed back.
Reply/Quote