Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
All Patriots probowlers skipping/boycotting (?) Probowl
I think it is good that the Patriots boycotted the Pro Bowl. Maybe other teams will follow the directive. I think the whole thing is a farce. I would much rather there be a skills competition. Fastest sprints, strongest man, best route running, most accurate passer, etc.
Reply/Quote
Gronk said it was because it meant the Tuesday after the AFC Championship game he'd have to take a 12 hour flight to Hawaii which didn't give him enough time to stop being sore from the previous game.

Which I guess goes back to the whole fact that the Pro Bowl inherently excluding the two Super Bowl teams is only the tip of the iceberg on how stupid the Pro Bowl is, let alone it's more recent date of before the SB rather than after.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
I can see why players who have been in the league for a while, have made the Pro Bowl before, and/or were in the playoffs wouldn't really care about the Pro Bowl. Save it for the rookies and other youthful players who get the nod (Carr, Winston) when the old beat-up guys drop out and/or don't care to go back.

The closest thing I can relate this to is me skipping the office Christmas party because I'd rather get on the road before traffic gets bad, or something.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-05-2016, 04:05 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Gronk said it was because it meant the Tuesday after the AFC Championship game he'd have to take a 12 hour flight to Hawaii which didn't give him enough time to stop being sore from the previous game.

Which I guess goes back to the whole fact that the Pro Bowl inherently excluding the two Super Bowl teams is only the tip of the iceberg on how stupid the Pro Bowl is, let alone it's more recent date of before the SB rather than after.

Gronk can tell time?

Probably didn't give him enough time to hit a club after the loss.   Cool

His ankle seemed fine after that game.  I bet he could have managed in the Pro Bowl while being a little "sore".    Smirk
[Image: giphy.gif]
Warning: Reading signatures may hurt your feelings.
Reply/Quote
(02-05-2016, 04:37 PM)GMDino Wrote: Gronk can tell time?

Probably didn't give him enough time to hit a club after the loss.   Cool

His ankle seemed fine after that game.  I bet he could have managed in the Pro Bowl while being a little "sore".    Smirk

[Image: cocainesahellofadrug.jpg]

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote