Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2016 Mock: All Big 12 Edition
The rules are simple... pick a conference and put together a 7 round mock draft with only the players from the conference you picked.  Try not to reach or take a player strictly based on need...  Do you best to combine the concepts of BPA and drafting for need.  Have Fun!

Round 1:
Andrew Billings – DT – Baylor – 6’2” 310 lbs
Billings fills a huge void for this team.  Pun unintended… but it worked.  Billings is a dominant run stuffer, who is somewhat raw when it comes to pass rush technique.  Luckily for us, we aren’t asking him to be the next Atkins, just a better version of Peko.

[Image: 201509261621588953586]

Round 2:
Josh Doctson – WR – TCU – 6’4” 196 lbs
You could argue that there is no better receiver in this draft if you are looking for athletic/acrobatic plays.  Doctson simply makes the impossible/improbable catch look easy.  With good hands and the ability to out jump nearly anyone.  The only downside to Doctson’s game is his lack of elite speed, however I feel that he is a great pick to replace MLJ if he leaves in FA.

[Image: 201409131720624482759]

Round 3:
Karl Joseph – S – West Virginia – 5’10” 200 lbs
Joseph reminds me of a smaller Reggie Nelson.  He plays the ball very well as a deep free safety and also displays aggressiveness in the box.  With his athleticism, nice coverage skills, and the fact that he has zero hesitation to stick his nose into run plays with the linebackers… Joseph is a solid pick.

[Image: 460x.jpg]

Round 4:
Eric Striker – OLB – Oklahoma – 6’0” 228 lbs
Striker reminds me, and I’m sure a bunch of other people, of Buchanon with the Cards.  He is an oversized safety prospect and an undersized linebacker.  I could see him having a huge role with this team in a similar role, especially since it looks like Lamur may be out the door.

[Image: eric-striker-ncaa-football-baylor-oklahoma-850x560.jpg]

Round 5:
Nick Kwiatkoski – LB – West Virginia – 6’1” 241 lbs
Kwiatkoski is your stereotypical, old school MLB.  He is an explosive tackler and loves blitzing the A gaps (which if you haven’t noticed we love to do).  Look for Kwi (that’s what I am going to call him for short) to make a huge impact on special teams.  With his toughness and passion, expect him to be a late round steal for the Bengals.

[Image: 547ae23dced7f.image.jpg]

Round 6:
Mike Matthews – C – Texas A&M – 6’2” 290 lbs
Matthews has the potential to be a long term starter at the C position for us.  He needs to add strength and a little physicality to his game, but he has the pedigree and the work ethic to excel in the NFL.  His technique allows him to play stronger than he is.  And on the topic of strength, Bodine was the strongest C in his draft class… how has that panned out?

[Image: mike-matthews-ncaa-football-mississippi-...90x900.jpg]

Round 7:
Kevin Peterson – CB – Oklahoma State – 5’10” 173 lbs
Peterson is the casualty of an impressive bowl performance by Laquon Treadwell.  His stock was much higher prior to the bowl game against Ole Miss, and at one time was considered a day 2 pick.  Peterson is a player with very solid skills, and his improvement over his time in Stillwater shows that he has the work ethic to get better.  No risk here, with the potential for great reward.

[Image: cornerback-kevin-peterson-of-the-oklahom...d456107574]

C12Schleyer

[Image: 175fb1ebe161ecda7fb32824e3682755.jpg]
Reply/Quote