Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Time to move on
(01-19-2016, 05:58 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I haven't had time to look yet, but a 2-down SOLB should not be hard to find.

What I'd like to find is a LB who could cover a little better in our nickle package.  Not impressed with Vinny Rey or Lamur.

Lamur suffered a pretty serious injury that might keep him out for the early part of the season, not that he was tearing it up anyway. Losing Burfict for the first three games doesn't help either, and if the officials don't lay off of him we might lose him for more games. 
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2016, 12:30 PM)wildcats forever Wrote: We have new coaches. We have free agency coming up, then the draft. It's time to replace the meltdown grieving with determination to succeed in '16. That appears to be what the team is doing, and for those picking through the lists of potential new players, I say 'good on ya'.

Respectful discourse is being pushed aside with bickering and flat-out rudeness in some cases. Time to lead by example. Lets move on and fix what went wrong. Drama be gone!

Screw that! The team can do all that. They should do that. But for me I'm going to let it stew for a while longer. Rant
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2016, 05:58 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I haven't had time to look yet, but a 2-down SOLB should not be hard to find.

What I'd like to find is a LB who could cover a little better in our nickle package.  Not impressed with Vinny Rey or Lamur.

Vinny is kind of a Swiss Army knife.  If you want to turn a screw, you really prefer a screwdriver but, in a pinch, the knife will get the job done. 

He's worth having around but the less he has to start, the better.  I would think they'd like to have him back as depth and ST player.

As to Lamur, his days might be numbered here.  He was never really able to translate his supposed athleticism into any kind of play making ability.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(01-19-2016, 01:16 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: As much as I've always tried to believe otherwise, regretfully I have concluded that nothing I do has any effect on the teams for which I cheer.

So if it's agreed my mental disposition has no outcome on the team, I think I'll stay angry a little longer.

Not true. 

Was so happy when we scored the go ahead TD and Burfict made the INT that I pooped my lucky drawers. 

Quickly changed and cleaned up and then everything went other direction just as quick. 

Accept full responsibility for loss and will sit in it until game is finished next time.

My bad folks. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2016, 12:30 PM)wildcats forever Wrote: We have new coaches. We have free agency coming up, then the draft. It's time to replace the meltdown grieving with determination to succeed in '16. That appears to be what the team is doing, and for those picking through the lists of potential new players, I say 'good on ya'.

Respectful discourse is being pushed aside with bickering and flat-out rudeness in some cases. Time to lead by example. Lets move on and fix what went wrong. Drama be gone!

Great idea but this game will be brought up for eternity unfortunately or until the curse is broken at least.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote

Already done for myself.

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote