Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2016 Prospects
List anyone you will be keeping an eye on this upcoming College Season
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-11-2015, 09:02 PM)bfine32 Wrote: List anyone you will be keeping an eye on this upcoming College Season

Man idk I used to be really kept up all across the nation. At this point I'm hardly kept up with the SEC. Barely kept up with UGA and Clemson the home teams I watch a lot of. I think UGA might have a good linebacker maybe? Really need to get back into watching college this season. My draft coverage was terrible this year.
Reply/Quote
(05-11-2015, 09:02 PM)bfine32 Wrote: List anyone you will be keeping an eye on this upcoming College Season

Shawn Oakman DE Baylor

Jeremy Cash S Duke

DeVon Edwards S/CB Duke - Small playmaker, very good return man depending on how Alford works out.

Anthony Zettel DT/DE Penn State - was a big fan this year before he decided to stay in school.

Kendall Fuller CB VT

Quinshad Davis WR UNC and Ryan Switzer WR UNC - 2 guys im sure we'll hear about, Davis has the ideal size at 6'4 215 but I haven't been impressed. Switzer on the other hand doesn't have the size at 5'10 180 but has been super impressive in the slot as well as returns.
Reply/Quote

Could be some top notch DE's and depending on how our guys do this season we could be in the market for one so guys like Bosa, Oakman, Nkemdiche, Calhoun, etc

I'm a buckeye and for the first time in a long time we could have MANY high draft picks so I look forward to seeing how these guys develop and which ones declare for the draft. Bosa, Jones, Decker, Elliott, Lee could all go in the first day or 2 if they declare.

Also Hargreaves CB from Florida could be a top pick if he plays well this season. Then the QB's are always worth keeping an eye on. I like Connor Cook as a pro style QB. Hackenberg is being mentioned a lot but will need a big time turn around from that offense to be drafted as high as some have him. Jones of course if he wins the starting job at OSU. Goff from Cal, Kessler from USC, and Hogan from Stanford.

And Scooby Wright is a fun guy to watch play so I'll look forward to seeing a few Arizona games.
Reply/Quote
I'm thinking WR and NT will be high on the list. DE if MJ doesn't return to form.

Reply/Quote
(05-11-2015, 10:06 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I'm thinking WR and NT will be high on the list. DE if MJ doesn't return to form.

Could just as easily see S and CB high on that list.

Team may let Reggie Nelson go, Hall and Pacman are FA's and a year older as well.

Throw in the fact Kirkpatrick, Dennard and Shaw are all somewhat question marks at this point.
Reply/Quote
Jeremy Cash from Duke seems like a guy who would fit our system well on defense.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(05-11-2015, 09:34 PM)BobJones4980 Wrote: Kendall Fuller CB VT

I wonder if Kendall is related to Kyle Fuller the bears no.14 pick last year.

Given the fact they both go to VT and bother have the last name Fuller I'd assume so. May be an interesting prospect.

Edit: He is related to Kyle, also has two other brothers who also played in the NFL. Blood lines aren't everything with the whole Carson Palmer > Jordan Palmer deal but the kid seems decent
2014 Second-Team All-American (Walter Camp, FWAA, Fox Sports and USA Today)
2014 Third-Team All-American (Associated Press and Athlon)
2014 First-Team All-ACC (ACSMA and Coaches)
2013 ACC Defensive Rookie of the Year (ACSMA and Coaches)
2013 Second-Team All-ACC (ACSMA and Coaches)
2013 Freshman All-American

He's 6'0 197 so okay size.
[Image: sig_zpsweeg0dtn.jpg]
Reply/Quote
http://footballdraftanalysis.webs.com/

Here's a new list. Bosa at the top.
Reply/Quote
Bosa will likely be long gone by the time we pick. A couple of Defensive Ends that are in the mold of what we usually grab are Shawn Oakman (Baylor) and DeForest Buckner (Oregon). I think we will be looking for bigger Nose Tackle type Defensive Tackles but don't have any real "sure" bets for that right now. Do think we take one fairly early next draft though after missing out on that type of Defensive Tackle in Jordan Phillips this past draft. Wide Receivers of note are Laquan Treadwell (see how he does off injury), Tyler Boyd, and Michael Thomas. I could also see us adding Linebackers and Safeties depending on re-signings and how the Rookies look.
[Image: fadQsr.png]
Reply/Quote
If we don't resign most of our receivers than.. we will have to draft some WRs...

Most likely in 1st & a Safety maybe in 2nd.
Reply/Quote
(05-11-2015, 10:06 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I'm thinking WR and NT will be high on the list. DE if MJ doesn't return to form.
I was thinking the same. What NT prospects are out there that would be a good fit? Most of the top DTs I see listed for 2016 are UT prospects. if that stays the case, I'd expect a WR taken before a NT.

I also wouldn't be surprised to see a C drafted if Bodine doesn't continue to grow by the end of the 2015 season (not that I think he won't).
For C, I'm keeping my eye on Isaac Seumalo (Oregon St) and Matt Matthews (Texas A&M).
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Here is my ridiculously early first round mock for 2016. I just used this years draft order. Gives an idea of some early team needs and players to watch....

Tampa Bay – Joey Bosa (Defensive End) Ohio State
Tennessee – Ronnie Stanley (Offensive Tackle) Notre Dame
Jacksonville – Vernon Hargreaves (Cornerback) Florida
Oakland – Jalen Ramsey (Safety) Florida State
Washington – Jaylon Smith (Ouside Linebacker) Notre Dame
New York Jets – Laremy Tunsil (Offensive Tackle) Ole Miss
Chicago – Taylor Decker (Offensive Tackle) Ohio State
Atlanta – Robert Nkemdiche (Defensive End) Ole Miss
New York Giants – A’Shawn Robinson (Defensive Tackle) Alabama
St. Louis – Laquan Treadwell (Wide Receiver) Ole Miss
Minnesota – Shawn Oakman (Defensive End) Baylor
Cleveland – Cardale Jones (Quarterback) Ohio State
New Orleans – Tyler Boyd (Wide Receiver) Pittsburgh
Miami - Kendall Fuller (Cornerback) Virginia Tech
San Francisco – Eddie Jackson (Cornerback) Alabama
Houston - Landon Turner (Guard) North Carolina
San Diego – Corey Robinson (Wide Receiver) Notre Dame
Kansas City – Spencer Drango (Offensive Tackle) Baylor
Buffalo – Connor Cook (Quarterback) Michigan State
Philadelphia – Su’a Cravens (Safety) USC
Cincinnati – DeForest Buckner (Defensive End) Oregon
Pittsburgh – Jack Conklin (Offensive Tackle) Michigan State
Detroit – Sheldon Day (Defensive Tackle) Notre Dame
Arizona – Jordan Jenkins (Linebacker) Georgia
Carolina – Shilique Calhoun (Defensive End) Michigan State
Baltimore – Darron Lee (Linebacker) Ohio State
Dallas – Ezekial Elliot (Running Back) Ohio State
Denver – Jalen Mills (Safety) LSU
Indianapolis – Vadal Alexander (Guard) LSU
Green Bay – OJ Howard (Tight End) Alabama
Seattle - Chris Jones (Defensive Tackle) Mississippi State
New England – Michael Thomas (Wide Receiver) Ohio State
[Image: fadQsr.png]
Reply/Quote
De'Runnya Wilson WR Miss St - These huge guys always rise up the boards every year at WR and Wilson at 6'5 215 probably won't be any different. Was arrested on drug charges in March so what the team does could have a major impact on his draft stock in the future. Was the leading WR as a Sophomore this year with 680 Yards and 9 TD's which is impressive since the games I have seen of Prescott the guy misses a ton of throws. Could be a solid target in the middle of the draft right now with the potential to go high with an impressive season. Played his freshman year, skipped the next 2 to play Basketball then returned to football as a Senior in High School so still a bit Raw but 6'5 players with 4.5 speed are worth a look.

[Image: B_sEqB.gif]

Also nobody has mentioned Myles Jack who is pretty fun to watch.
Reply/Quote
Thank you JungleRock. I was trying to think of the Alabama DT's name.

A'Shawn Robinson is someone I'm looking at.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(05-12-2015, 05:43 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Thank you JungleRock. I was trying to think of the Alabama DT's name.

A'Shawn Robinson is someone I'm looking at.

I thought that name was familiar.

[Image: 52407bffbde9f.preview-300.jpg]

Dude looks like he's got bills to pay already.
Reply/Quote
(05-12-2015, 10:16 AM)milksheikh Wrote: If we don't resign most of our receivers than.. we will have to draft some WRs...

Most likely in 1st & a Safety maybe in 2nd.

I remember a couple years ago tuning into an Ole Miss game to get a look at Donte Moncrief and quickly determined they had a Freshman that made Moncrief look inadequate. That kid suffered a major injury last year, but will definitely be on my Radar:

Reply/Quote
(05-12-2015, 10:15 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I remember a couple years ago tuning into an Ole Miss game to get a look at Donte Moncrief and quickly determined they had a Freshman that made Moncrief look inadequate. That kid suffered a major injury last year, but will definitely be on my Radar:

Laquon Treadwell is who I assume your talking about and he would be a solid replacement for Sanu if we don't re-sign him this off season, similar size, good after the catch and tough to bring down.

Also a guy that is probably worth a long look is Mike Williams WR Clemson at 6'4 210 pounds had 1030 yards and 6 TD's in 2014 and from what I have seen he has a good ability to get behind defenders, good blocker and can make some impressive catches. Example below.

[Image: 7hSgk3.gif]
Reply/Quote
Travin Dural from LSU can burn people while making it look easy. His numbers probably won't be very good considering Les Miles is determined to break every QB prospect he can get his hands on.
Reply/Quote
Surprised Christian Hackenberg hasn't been mentioned yet, but I'll put him in there. Has all the potential in the world and has everything you want in a quarterback, just hasn't fully put it all together yet. He shows flashes, but then dumb mistakes. Did well his freshman year, sophmore was rocky all the way around. Some may claim because of no WRs, but he still made dumb mistakes.
Reply/Quote