Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2016 Prospects
(05-13-2015, 05:56 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: Surprised Christian Hackenberg hasn't been mentioned yet, but I'll put him in there. Has all the potential in the world and has everything you want in a quarterback, just hasn't fully put it all together yet. He shows flashes, but then dumb mistakes. Did well his freshman year, sophmore was rocky all the way around. Some may claim because of no WRs, but he still made dumb mistakes.

I need to watch more of him and plenty to watch but the little bit I saw I wasn't overly impressed.

Cardale Jones and Jared Goff will be interesting to watch this year as well to see what happens.

One guy to keep an eye on is Jacoby Brissett QB NC State. I get to see quite a few NC State games a year living in NC and this guy can be really impressive at times, clearly not perfect but at 6'4 235 he has the size and strong arm, reminds me alot of a Big Ben or Jameis Winston without the "R" word. 2606 Passing Yards - 23 TD - 5 INT - 59.7% Completion - 529 Yards Rushing - 3 TD.

His game this year against FSU is on Draftbreakdown if you haven't checked him out it was one hell of a game, 359 Yards - 3 TD - 66.7% Completion, did make some mistakes holding onto the ball a bit too long at times but the offensive line was giving him no help and it seemed he had 2-3 guys getting hits on him every play but he made a few amazing plays that game.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-13-2015, 07:44 PM)BobJones4980 Wrote: I need to watch more of him and plenty to watch but the little bit I saw I wasn't overly impressed.

Cardale Jones and Jared Goff will be interesting to watch this year as well to see what happens.

One guy to keep an eye on is Jacoby Brissett QB NC State. I get to see quite a few NC State games a year living in NC and this guy can be really impressive at times, clearly not perfect but at 6'4 235 he has the size and strong arm, reminds me alot of a Big Ben or Jameis Winston without the "R" word. 2606 Passing Yards - 23 TD - 5 INT - 59.7% Completion - 529 Yards Rushing - 3 TD.

His game this year against FSU is on Draftbreakdown if you haven't checked him out it was one hell of a game, 359 Yards - 3 TD - 66.7% Completion, did make some mistakes holding onto the ball a bit too long at times but the offensive line was giving him no help and it seemed he had 2-3 guys getting hits on him every play but he made a few amazing plays that game.

I'm actually a huge fan of Brissett and think he has the best chance to sneak in as a 1st round QB. He has everything you want in a quarterback as well. But like you said, he does hold onto the ball too long and makes bone-headed plays.
Reply/Quote
(05-13-2015, 05:56 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: Surprised Christian Hackenberg hasn't been mentioned yet, but I'll put him in there. Has all the potential in the world and has everything you want in a quarterback, just hasn't fully put it all together yet. He shows flashes, but then dumb mistakes. Did well his freshman year, sophmore was rocky all the way around. Some may claim because of no WRs, but he still made dumb mistakes.

Dumb mistakes is putting it nicely. I have no idea what happened to Hackenberg. He definitely made some Daltonesque throws this past year.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(05-14-2015, 04:28 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Dumb mistakes is putting it nicely. I have no idea what happened to Hackenberg. He definitely made some Daltonesque throws this past year.

His freshman year he made some great strides and showed a ton of promise. Last year? My word. There were some games he was just dreadful. But then other games where he'd make amazing throws.

His junior year is going to be extremely huge for him. He had virtually nothing around him last year, but he still made bad throws and dumb decisions.
Reply/Quote
(05-14-2015, 05:00 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: His freshman year he made some great strides and showed a ton of promise. Last year? My word. There were some games he was just dreadful. But then other games where he'd make amazing throws.

His junior year is going to be extremely huge for him. He had virtually nothing around him last year, but he still made bad throws and dumb decisions.

I wouldn't be surprised if he got a Dalton comparison entering the draft.

The only legit reason that I can come up with, for him struggling, is the coaching change. He went from Bill O'Brien and the Patriot way to James Franklin and his system.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(05-14-2015, 04:44 AM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: I'm actually a huge fan of Brissett and think he has the best chance to sneak in as a 1st round QB. He has everything you want in a quarterback as well. But like you said, he does hold onto the ball too long and makes bone-headed plays.

I am really interested in what he does this year, I'm a Duke fan but its hard not to get sucked into rooting for NC State when I have a ton of Friends and Family attending and live 20 minutes from the school. Actually gonna try and go to a few games this year and check them out in person never been to a game that I didn't get rained on for 90% of it so maybe this is the year. LOL

Gotta remember as well this was Brissett's first full season so will be interesting to see just how much he can improve this season.
Reply/Quote
(05-14-2015, 05:06 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: I wouldn't be surprised if he got a Dalton comparison entering the draft.

The only legit reason that I can come up with, for him struggling, is the coaching change. He went from Bill O'Brien and the Patriot way to James Franklin and his system.

I could see that. When Hackenberg is good, he's good. Just like with Dalton. Although Hackenberg is more of a pocket passer, and Dalton uses his legs better. Small difference, but pretty alike comparing to Hackenberg's sophomore season.

(05-14-2015, 10:33 PM)BobJones4980 Wrote: I am really interested in what he does this year, I'm a Duke fan but its hard not to get sucked into rooting for NC State when I have a ton of Friends and Family attending and live 20 minutes from the school. Actually gonna try and go to a few games this year and check them out in person never been to a game that I didn't get rained on for 90% of it so maybe this is the year. LOL

Gotta remember as well this was Brissett's first full season so will be interesting to see just how much he can improve this season.

I have rooted for NC State from time to time, I admit. I've never been to a college football game, sadly. The most I've done is announce Penn State basketball games and attend training camp for Pitt's football team and write up assessments. But that was whenever Jonathan Baldwin was still around. Blows me away how big of a bust he became.
Reply/Quote
(05-11-2015, 09:34 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Could be some top notch DE's and depending on how our guys do this season we could be in the market for one so guys like Bosa, Oakman, Nkemdiche, Calhoun, etc

I'm a buckeye and for the first time in a long time we could have MANY high draft picks so I look forward to seeing how these guys develop and which ones declare for the draft. Bosa, Jones, Decker, Elliott, Lee could all go in the first day or 2 if they declare.

Also Hargreaves CB from Florida could be a top pick if he plays well this season. Then the QB's are always worth keeping an eye on. I like Connor Cook as a pro style QB. Hackenberg is being mentioned a lot but will need a big time turn around from that offense to be drafted as high as some have him. Jones of course if he wins the starting job at OSU. Goff from Cal, Kessler from USC, and Hogan from Stanford.

And Scooby Wright is a fun guy to watch play so I'll look forward to seeing a few Arizona games.

(05-12-2015, 09:07 AM)Goalpost Wrote: http://footballdraftanalysis.webs.com/

Here's a new list.  Bosa at the top.

Just watch the Buckeyes this year, gentlemen. 5-6 guys set to go in round one if all goes as planned. Smirk

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/nfl-draft-scout/25173357/nfl-mock-draft-ohio-state-dominates-first-round
http://espn.go.com/blog/bigten/post/_/id/118870/buckeyes-primed-to-make-a-big-splash-in-2016-draft

...And if you think Joey Bosa is good, wait until you see his "little" brother. Shocked
Reply/Quote
(05-15-2015, 09:54 PM)Ryuko Wrote: Just watch the Buckeyes this year, gentlemen. 5-6 guys set to go in round one if all goes as planned.  Smirk

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/nfl-draft-scout/25173357/nfl-mock-draft-ohio-state-dominates-first-round
http://espn.go.com/blog/bigten/post/_/id/118870/buckeyes-primed-to-make-a-big-splash-in-2016-draft

...And if you think Joey Bosa is good, wait until you see his "little" brother. Shocked

The other board was borderline unbearable when OSU had a solid prospect, Carlos Hyde is the one that really sticks out in recent memory, people couldn't help themselves and had to post about him nonstop, every mock posted the first reply seemed to be "Like it but Id take Hyde in 1-2."

I see a couple all OSU mocks in our future. LOL
Reply/Quote
If he declares, I would love to see Gunner Kiel in stripes.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(05-17-2015, 04:22 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: If he declares, I would love to see Gunner Kiel in stripes.

I'm not sure. Against tougher competition, he struggled quite a bit. I read somewhere that he threw a ton interceptions in 3 games where the competition was pretty tough.

Let's see how he does this upcoming season. I know he received a ton of hype, so I would like to see more of him before I can fully evaluate him.

Nothing against him, I just like to see game tape as their time goes on. Which is why I don't have a grade on Cardale Jones just yet.
Reply/Quote
(05-17-2015, 08:31 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: I'm not sure. Against tougher competition, he struggled quite a bit. I read somewhere that he threw a ton interceptions in 3 games where the competition was pretty tough.

Let's see how he does this upcoming season. I know he received a ton of hype, so I would like to see more of him before I can fully evaluate him.

Nothing against him, I just like to see game tape as their time goes on. Which is why I don't have a grade on Cardale Jones just yet.

Seen all his games, he can sling it, but UC's offense has always been shotgun fast paced.

He was injured a bit and it hurt his mobility, but he needs to improve his decision making to warrant a draft able grade.

Mauk, Pike, Collaros were all good QBs in the system, but that's all they were. Maybe Kiel is different being originally a Notre Dame committ, but a late round grade is all you can really expect at this point.
Reply/Quote
(05-17-2015, 09:14 PM)Stormborn Wrote: Seen all his games, he can sling it, but UC's offense has always been shotgun fast paced.

He was injured a bit and it hurt his mobility, but he needs to improve his decision making to warrant a draft able grade.

Mauk, Pike, Collaros were all good QBs in the system, but that's all they were. Maybe Kiel is different being originally a Notre Dame committ, but a late round grade is all you can really expect at this point.

I think he would be best off to wait two more years to come out. He has shown potential, but I would certainly like to see more against tough competition.
Reply/Quote
(05-17-2015, 09:14 PM)Stormborn Wrote: Seen all his games, he can sling it, but UC's offense has always been shotgun fast paced.

Late round is all I was thinking, not looking at him to come in here in a year and take over the top spot. Just has some of those basic mechanics and intangibles that makes you think he can be a success. Maybe I'm totally wrong lol, but there is something about the way he holds himself and takes the blame for mistakes that comes off to me as a guy you can mold...well...if you have a good coaching staff.

(05-17-2015, 11:23 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: I think he would be best off to wait two more years to come out. He has shown potential, but I would certainly like to see more against tough competition.

Is it sad that I actually think he'll get better coaching at UC then on the Bengals for his position?

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(05-18-2015, 12:39 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Is it sad that I actually think he'll get better coaching at UC then on the Bengals for his position?

Not really. It's just sad that you're most likely right.
Reply/Quote
Kiel would be a perfect fit.
He's horrible and we collect horrible QBs as back ups.
Reply/Quote
(05-11-2015, 09:02 PM)bfine32 Wrote: List anyone you will be keeping an eye on this upcoming College Season

Event though they're not a need, Derrick Henry and Leonard Fournette. A couple of sledgehammers.
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
Fournette can't come out until after the 2016 season anyways. LSU is pretty loaded at the skill positions in general, if they could just figure out that pesky QB thing.

Nick Chubb at UGA is another post-2016 season guy to watch if you like running backs.
Reply/Quote
If Andy stinks it up again this year, I wouldn't mind looking at the next Big Ben: 12-Gauge
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(05-17-2015, 04:22 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: If he declares, I would love to see Gunner Kiel in stripes.

I would prefer Patrick Towles over Gunner Kiel...
Reply/Quote