Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scouts supposedly love Jared Goff's mechanics and accuracy
If the Bengals were to think about moving on from Dalton but end up in the latter half of the first round, Jared Goff is a QB that is (currently) projected to go in the late first round.

It's been reported that scouts "love Goff's mechanics and accuracy," according to ESPN Insider....

Quote:Cal sophomore QB Jared Goff boasts sound mechanics and natural accuracy as a thrower, according to Scout Inc.'s Steve Muench and Kevin Weidl.
The second-year star threw for 3,973 yards (his second straight year over 3,000) on a 62-percent completion percentage with a 35/7 TD/INT ratio. "The 6-4, 210-pound sophomore throws with excellent balance and has above-average accuracy and touch at all three levels," the duo wrote. "Goff also shows strong poise handling the pocket, and flashes the ability to scan the entire field and work through his progression. He will hold on to the ball for too long at times, and can speed up his internal clock, but overall, he has a very high ceiling and a bright future if he can continue to hone his craft." We love Goff's arm and long-term potential, but want to see him work on his accuracy when pressure forces him off his spot. Dec. 19 - 10:42 pm et
Source: ESPN Insider

Link: http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/playerbreakingnews.asp?sport=CFB&id=132461&line=37881&spln=1

Unless something unexpected happens this coming CFB season, the likes of Cook, Jones, and even possibly Hackenburg could be taken in the top half of the first round. Goff has a lot of qualities that the Bengals coaches love and he could be a target if there is a decision to move on from Dalton.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-15-2015, 01:43 PM)ochocincos Wrote: If the Bengals were to think about moving on from Dalton but end up in the latter half of the first round, Jared Goff is a QB that is (currently) projected to go in the late first round.

It's been reported that scouts "love Goff's mechanics and accuracy," according to ESPN Insider....

Link: http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/playerbreakingnews.asp?sport=CFB&id=132461&line=37881&spln=1

Unless something unexpected happens this coming CFB season, the likes of Cook, Jones, and even possibly Hackenburg could be taken in the top half of the first round. Goff has a lot of qualities that the Bengals coaches love and he could be a target if there is a decision to move on from Dalton.

If there are 4 or 5 first round QB's we can look at it two different ways. If Andy is awful and Mike Brown actually looks for an upgrade instead of honoring the contract then we may have some upgrades available to us. Also, if Dalton plays well and leads us on a postseason run and we pick late in the draft then those QB's may allow for other talented players at different positions to slide to us. Could be a good thing for the Bengals either way. I think Goff, Cook, Jones, Hackenberg, Kiel, and even Kessler COULD be potential first round picks next year.
[Image: fadQsr.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-15-2015, 02:34 PM)JungleRock85 Wrote: If there are 4 or 5 first round QB's we can look at it two different ways. If Andy is awful and Mike Brown actually looks for an upgrade instead of honoring the contract then we may have some upgrades available to us. Also, if Dalton plays well and leads us on a postseason run and we pick late in the draft then those QB's may allow for other talented players at different positions to slide to us. Could be a good thing for the Bengals either way. I think Goff, Cook, Jones, Hackenberg, Kiel, and even Kessler COULD be potential first round picks next year.
Yep.

FWIW, I doubt the Bengals would select a QB in the first round unless they finished 6-10 or worse. This team is loyal almost to a fault, and while Dalton has not been great, he provides stability, durability, and consistency. Therefore, it would take a catastrophic season to get this team to move on from him.

WR looks like a strong possibility in the first round given the talent and the fact the Bengals could have Green (expect tag or extension), MLJ, Sanu, and Moore potentially hitting FA after this season.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(05-15-2015, 02:44 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Yep.

FWIW, I doubt the Bengals would select a QB in the first round unless they finished 6-10 or worse. This team is loyal almost to a fault, and while Dalton has not been great, he provides stability, durability, and consistency. Therefore, it would take a catastrophic season to get this team to move on from him.

WR looks like a strong possibility in the first round given the talent and the fact the Bengals could have Green (expect tag or extension), MLJ, Sanu, and Moore potentially hitting FA after this season.

I could see Wide Receiver. I think the biggest need is Nose Tackle but as of now I don't see much that is 1st round worthy. I do think Defensive End could be another spot depending on Hunt's progress since Gilberry will likely be gone also. Shawn Oakman and DeForest Buckner are two players that I will be keeping an eye on this upcoming season. They both have the size we look for in a Defensive End.
Reply/Quote
It almost has to be WR next year.

Though you can't count out TE? Ninja

BTW JungleRock, I used to be Cincy's Best.
Reply/Quote
Tsss if scouts love him so much, why don't dey marry him tssss
Reply/Quote
(05-15-2015, 09:37 PM)Soverign Nation Wrote: It almost has to be WR next year.  

Though you can't count out TE?  Ninja

You and your damn Tight Ends....lol
Reply/Quote
(05-15-2015, 02:44 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Yep.

While I agree with your comments about loyalty, I do think that the front office really hedged their bets on Dalton with the contract. They essentially have an out after this year if they don't think he is the man. If they would have signed him to a traditional type deal, I'd say no way, but with the contract, I could see a first round QB if he stinks.
Reply/Quote
(05-18-2015, 12:52 AM)Hammerstripes Wrote: While I agree with your comments about loyalty, I do think that the front office really hedged their bets on Dalton with the contract.  They essentially have an out after this year if they don't think he is the man.  If they would have signed him to a traditional type deal, I'd say no way, but with the contract, I could see a first round QB if he stinks.
I know what his contract is, but the point I was trying to make was that I don't see this team moving on from Dalton unless the team goes 6-10 or worse. Even then, based on Dalton's play, it wouldn't necessarily be primarily his fault for the team's poor performance. Dalton has helped give this team a winning season for the past four seasons, making the playoffs in each of those seasons as well.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
I think Dalton is going to have another Good Andy/ Bad Andy season and it will be time to draft a new franchise QB. I like Goff, Hogan and Kessler as potential late round 1 options.
Reply/Quote
(05-15-2015, 09:37 PM)Sovereign Nation Wrote: It almost has to be WR next year.  

Though you can't count out TE?  Ninja

In my opinion unless we somehow lose AJ Green ,which is very unlikely considering we can just Franchise Tag him, I don't think the team will feel it is a must have.

Sanu has been pretty damn average since he was drafted so his contract is reasonable and he is honestly a replaceable WR.

Marvin Jones hasn't hit 1000 yards combined in 3 seasons, sure some of that is due to injury but his best year is 712 yards which is solid but I just don't think he will demand much on the market unless he blows up and has 1500 yards and 10+ TDs this season or something crazy.

Point is if they were happy with this group I think it would be pretty easy to keep it together next year.

Then again I'm always in favor of a WR early with our current group since outside of AJ they all seem to be pretty replaceable.

(05-19-2015, 07:44 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: I think Dalton is going to have another Good Andy/ Bad Andy season and it will be time to draft a new franchise QB. I like Goff, Hogan and Kessler as potential late round 1 options.

I like Goff but not sure on Hogan and Kessler but I'll wait til I see more this season. Still feel like if were picking in the 20s I would rather take a chance on a QB like Jacoby Brissett who I think is a higher potential guy over a Hogan type.
Reply/Quote
I think if we learned anything from the Bengals this year, its that they will go BPA in almost every situation.

This year will be interesting. If Dalton doesn't perform well, I wonder if they will turn to McCarron or Pryor before the end of the year. Hopefully we won't need to figure that one out.
Reply/Quote