Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2016 Re-Draft
(04-04-2019, 12:07 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Billings gets a bad rap sometimes because he didn't hit the ground running his first season, but he's progressed every single year. He only JUST turned 24 last month. I still believe he was a great get.

No doubt I am surprised so many want to draft another NT in this year draft after how well he played last season.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(04-04-2019, 12:11 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: No doubt I am surprised so many want to draft another NT in this year draft after how well he played last season.

Honestly, most fans have no clue how to evaluate a DT. They saw RB's getting yards and QB's passing and blamed it on the D-Line.

It was the LB's.
Reply/Quote
(04-04-2019, 12:07 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Billings gets a bad rap sometimes because he didn't hit the ground running his first season, but he's progressed every single year. He only JUST turned 24 last month. I still believe he was a great get.

Absolutely; I think he'll get signed long-term too, even if there haven't been talks about it yet.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-03-2019, 07:53 PM)Bryan Wrote: NFL.com posted an article re-doing the first round of 2016, quite a few teams kept their original picks, interestingly they had the Brown take Dak Prescott, while that could have been interesting, I think Hue would've ruined him. They have us taking Kendall Fuller instead of WJIII, he went to the Steelers, and the Ravens took Chris Jones. 

Would you take WJII again? Or someone else?

What? Pass on WJ3 and the opportunity to hate anyone more than any other Squeeler? We need our villains and WJ would have definitely been a villain. And just think of all the squeeler fans still saying Burns is just as good..  ThumbsUp
You should be flogged daily and twice on Sundays for even suggesting it. On Saturdays you would be crying all day about Sundays.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(04-04-2019, 12:11 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: No doubt I am surprised so many want to draft another NT in this year draft after how well he played last season.

I want a DT but I want a 3T/nickel DT, not NT. Bengals need better pass rush from the inside.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-03-2019, 08:45 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I would take WJ3 again

Same here, WJ3 can be the best Corner in the NFL if used right. He has rare ability with great speed, hips and physicality.

Just has to play more man and no more of that cushion shit.
Reply/Quote
(04-04-2019, 12:39 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Honestly, most fans have no clue how to evaluate a DT. They saw RB's getting yards and QB's passing and blamed it on the D-Line.

It was the LB's.

Truth.

(04-04-2019, 12:52 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Absolutely; I think he'll get signed long-term too, even if there haven't been talks about it yet.

Better do it soon before he takes the league by storm, could get spendy.

(04-04-2019, 01:56 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I want a DT but I want a 3T/nickel DT, not NT. Bengals need better pass rush from the inside.

Maybe Wilkins falls to us in the 2nd?
Reply/Quote
(04-04-2019, 02:09 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Truth.

Better do it soon before he takes the league by storm, could get spendy.

Maybe Wilkins falls to us in the 2nd?

I'm expecting Wilkins to be selected in the 11-20 range.
I think it's more likely Dre'Mont Jones, Jeffery Simmons, or Jerry Tillery would fall to the Bengals in the 2nd round. I'd take any of those guys.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-04-2019, 02:27 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I'm expecting Wilkins to be selected in the 11-20 range.
I think it's more likely Dre'Mont Jones, Jeffery Simmons, or Jerry Tillery would fall to the Bengals in the 2nd round. I'd take any of those guys.

Simmons tore his ACL, he could fall to the 3rd along with his troubled past.

I would take Tillery in the 2nd if we are looking for another DT, even though LB and RT is much more important.
Reply/Quote
(04-04-2019, 01:38 AM)jason Wrote: It's in the rearview, but that draft has crippled this team. They're ALL gone except Uzomah. First 3 picks of that draft... Swing and a miss. An entire draft yielded a solid 2nd TE.

Makes you wonder if having a few more scouts would've made a big difference between hit or miss?
I admit I was a OG fan, but only in the 2nd.

I wanted DJ Humphries in the first, Og in second if still there, if not then Daryl Williams in the 3rd.
Reply/Quote
I'm in on Tillery too; think he'll be great.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-04-2019, 03:33 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Makes you wonder if having a few more scouts would've made a big difference between hit or miss?

I wanted DJ Humphries in the first, Og in second if still there, if not then Daryl Williams in the 3rd.

Have to give you some respect for admitting you were an Og fan Mike lol
Reply/Quote

And lets not forget that Ryan Glasgow was beginning to show up before he got hurt.  Another young strong player.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(04-04-2019, 03:38 PM)pally Wrote: And lets not forget that Ryan Glasgow was beginning to show up before he got hurt.  Another young strong player.

Yeah, i like Glasgow a lot too, it is not really a need but this is just such a great draft for DT's.

I can understand why someone would want one of these guys, it is tempting, especially players like Tillery and Simmons in the 2nd or 3rd. Game wreckers is what these guys are when healthy which is exactly why i would take Tillery over Simmons cause he is healthy.
Reply/Quote
(04-04-2019, 01:56 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I want a DT but I want a 3T/nickel DT, not NT. Bengals need better pass rush from the inside.

I tend to agree. Marvin always wanted the over NT, but couldn't find a Siragusa.

That's why we pursued Sean Gilbert and signed Adams. But he was washed up by then.

That we kicked the tires on Danny Shelton, tells me the base DLine philosophy won't be different.
Reply/Quote
(04-04-2019, 03:38 PM)pally Wrote: And lets not forget that Ryan Glasgow was beginning to show up before he got hurt.  Another young strong player.
Yep!!
(04-04-2019, 03:43 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah, i like Glasgow a lot too, it is not really a need but this is just such a great draft for DT's.

I can understand why someone would want one of these guys, it is tempting, especially players like Tillery and Simmons in the 2nd or 3rd. Game wreckers is what these guys are when healthy which is exactly why i would take Tillery over Simmons cause he is healthy.

I get 3T( although I do like Ringo) but NT is a dud for me. They only play 30 to 40% of the time on defense.
J24

Reply/Quote
(04-04-2019, 06:13 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: Yep!!

I get 3T( although I do like Ringo) but NT is a dud for me. They only play 30 to 40% of the time on defense.

True, Oliver or Wilkins are great but Oliver will probably be gone by 11 and i doubt Wilkins falls to the 2nd where i would love to get him. I like Ringo too, like i said it is not really a need, just some really great talent at DT in this draft and i can understand people on here wanting one of them.
Reply/Quote
(04-04-2019, 11:06 AM)WychesWarrior Wrote: 08 was a bad one for sure.....and I agree with your take on 2017 and John Ross.  Forgot about Kroft, but now he's gone.  Like you though, I am glad that Fish and Og are gone, and that travesty is behind us.

Getting Mixon out of the 17 draft sorta makes up for Ross. You can almost pretend that their draft positions were flip flopped, and be sorta alright with it. Joe Mixon's gone in the first round without that video. Probably the first back taken.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(04-04-2019, 03:33 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Makes you wonder if having a few more scouts would've made a big difference between hit or miss?

I had literally never heard Cedric Ogbuehi's name until it was called that night. I was disappointed in the pick, but I held out hope that he'd be good... Wrong.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(04-04-2019, 06:43 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: True, Oliver or Wilkins are great but Oliver will probably be gone by 11 and i doubt Wilkins falls to the 2nd where i would love to get him.

Oliver would be awesome for us in fact he is the only player that I would approve of trading up for.
I have 3 or 4 guys that might be good in the 3rd to 4th Rd at 3T
LJ Coiler TCU- he is more Michael Bennett that he will play end as well as a 3T but he can play.
Dremont Jones- he had poor combine but looks like an athletic beast on tape. I think he will slip in the draft.
Kevin Givens- needs to work on his pass rush but is explosive and athletic.
Cortez Broughton- beast and most underrated DT in this year's draft.
J24

Reply/Quote