Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2016 Salary Cap
(01-17-2016, 08:58 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Don't forget some players will be up for extensions as well. Zeitler, Bernard, Kirkpatrick.

Zeitler and Dre are already on the books with tender before that cap number was estimated.  I'd imagine both guys would actually get paid less per season if the team could manage to work out multi-year extensions before the 2016 season.  
Reply/Quote
Iloka - $5 million many years -5 consecutive playoff appearances. Ask MJ90 about chasing money.
Nelson - $5 million per for 2 year - Older and loves the Bengals and winning.
Paceman - $5 million per for 2 years - Comfortable here.
Marvin jones -$7 million per for many years - 5 years cons playoffs. Ask Tj about chasing money in Seattle.

Andre Smith walks - Lack of heart and drive
Sanu walks - Pedestrian production
Lamur walks - Terrible in pass coverage.
Pat Sims walks - Drafting a NT in some round
Tate walks - Alford is the PR/KR in 2016 spelled by Pacman

$2.5 per for Gilberry, Vinny Rey, Thompson
$2.5 for Hall - 4th CB behind dre, pac, Dennard with Shaw on uptick and Lewis-Harris as ho-hum, steady eddy
$1 -Winston (4th OT)

Zeitgeist and Dre s contract may be extended and cap number reduced.

Peko ($3.7), Hunt ($1.1 ), Hawk ($1.4) could be cut or redone at $0 salary cap impact. (hunt has $260 k in dead money).
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2016, 10:11 AM)Bengalfan11164 Wrote: Iloka - $5 million many years -5 consecutive playoff appearances. Ask MJ90 about chasing money.
Nelson - $5 million per for 2 year - Older and loves the Bengals and winning.
Paceman - $5 million per for 2 years - Comfortable here.
Marvin jones -$7 million per for many years - 5 years cons playoffs. Ask Tj about chasing money in Seattle.

Andre Smith walks - Lack of heart and drive
Sanu walks - Pedestrian production
Lamur walks - Terrible in pass coverage.
Pat Sims walks - Drafting a NT in some round
Tate walks - Alford is the PR/KR in 2016 spelled by Pacman

$2.5 per for Gilberry, Vinny Rey, Thompson
$2.5 for Hall - 4th CB behind dre, pac, Dennard with Shaw on uptick and Lewis-Harris as ho-hum, steady eddy
$1 -Winston (4th OT)

Zeitgeist and Dre s contract may be extended and cap number reduced.

Peko ($3.7), Hunt ($1.1 ), Hawk ($1.4) could be cut or redone at $0 salary cap impact. (hunt has $260 k in dead money).

Overall not a bad set of numbers there. Agree on Smith, Sanu, Sims, Lamue and Tate. Thompson will have few or no takers as his injury will effectively nullify most of his 2016 production. I value Gilberry's contributions over Thompson's any day.

Iloka will command much more than $5M I'm afraid. He's ideal in size and is playing very well. A top safety is going to command $9-10M and I believe we are going to franchise him if we can't workout a long term deal. That may cost us the ability to offer Reggie a competitive deal.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-24-2016, 03:05 PM)BengalChris Wrote: Overall not a bad set of numbers there. Agree on Smith, Sanu, Sims, Lamue and Tate. Thompson will have few or no takers as his injury will effectively nullify most of his 2016 production. I value Gilberry's contributions over Thompson's any day.

Iloka will command much more than $5M I'm afraid. He's ideal in size and is playing very well. A top safety is going to command $9-10M and I believe we are going to franchise him if we can't workout a long term deal. That may cost us the ability to offer Reggie a competitive deal.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/rankings/cap-hit/safety/
Top safeties do not earn $10 million.

Ilona is not a top safety either.

He serves as a cover 2 safety or stuffs the run.

He has had 1 year with 3 interceptions, and every other year he has had 1 or none.

Saying it differently, in 4 years of play, he has had 5 interceptions. Reggie Nelson had 8 in 2015.

He doesn't cover anyone by himself like earl Thomas in Seattle. He doesn't had the ball hawk stats.

I like Iloka. Outside of 2015, he hasn't had injury challenges c

But, for what he is $5 million with a ceiling of $7 is what he is worth.

Of coarse, if he signs in Cincinnati, he will see his entire contract. Unlike anywhere else, if his production doesn't match his earnings.

I don't see any reality where we franchise Iloka.
Reply/Quote