Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How Long Will The Steelers Let Bell Screw up?
(07-25-2016, 06:02 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: The Steelers themselves never claimed to be a model franchise, just a lot of misguided homer fans.

Given that this is an opposing teams trash-talking message board, I highly doubt any Steelers fans posting here would make that claim.

As far as how long Bell stays around...if these latest claims are true and he misses time again, my guess would be that he's gone after his rookie contract is up.

The Roonys will sign him on the cheap.

Shit, I'd sign him on the cheap.
Reply/Quote
(07-25-2016, 06:43 PM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: The Roonys will sign him on the cheap.

Shit, I'd sign him on the cheap.

Sure they'd sign him on the cheap if they could. But he will still command more on the open market than they will be willing to risk. Someone will give him a nice contract. Not nearly as much as he could get if he stayed clean, but he will get a good amount of dough. 

Thats why I think they'll be more patient with Bryant. He never developed to the level that Bell did so his value on the open market wouldn't be nearly as much. He could be had on the cheap. 
Reply/Quote
(07-25-2016, 06:49 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: Sure they'd sign him on the cheap if they could. But he will still command more on the open market than they will be willing to risk. Someone will give him a nice contract. Not nearly as much as he could get if he stayed clean, but he will get a good amount of dough. 

Thats why I think they'll be more patient with Bryant. He never developed to the level that Bell did so his value on the open market wouldn't be nearly as much. He could be had on the cheap. 

Are there any RB needy teams next year that will sign him for a ton? The teams that probably be willing and able to don't come off that promising.  (San Fran, St Louis, Philidalphia, etc). Bell seems like the guy that will go our of his way to play for an established competitor.
Reply/Quote
(07-25-2016, 04:33 PM)ballsofsteel Wrote: I didn't know.

Succinct and to the point. 

Well done. ThumbsUp

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Probably so long as he doesn't hurt a woman and can still actually play.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote