Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
2016 Summer Olympics
Thought I'd start a thread where folks can post their thoughts and observations.

Currently watching the opening ceremonies. Quite entertaining and cultural.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Any odds for the over/under on the number of bacterial infections for distance swimmers?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Apparently Brazilians like to dance, Especially Ms. Brady

Reply/Quote
Wife has it on while I'm on here, so taking a peak every now and again. Been entertaining so far. Could have been epic if Gisele had gone commando.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
The Olympic Flame is pretty neat. The rotating sculpture is made by someone from the US. 

https://gfycat.com/BlackandwhiteConcreteBarnacle

Reply/Quote
Not really watching it yet. i do like watching the track and field events. Have to check the calendar for probably other things as well.
Reply/Quote
(08-05-2016, 09:53 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Any odds for the over/under on the number of bacterial infections for distance swimmers?

I'm guessing 35% get infections - of those 10% get reported.  It would be safer to swim in the pre-cleaned waste of a US sewage plant.....
Reply/Quote
(08-06-2016, 02:09 PM)Stewy Wrote: I'm guessing 35% get infections - of those 10% get reported.  It would be safer to swim in the pre-cleaned waste of a US sewage plant.....

I heard a report on the radio, the other day.  They were saying that ingesting as little as 3 tsp. of any of that water is pretty much guaranteeing an infection.  Also, that by no means should anyone submerge their head...

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I like watching the 'non-popular' sports, like archery, handball, ping err table tennis. Then watch the gold medal rounds of hoops, track&field, etc.

link for the nbc schedule across the channels. Click the 'TV Listings' next to Schedule to see what is currently on: http://www.nbcolympics.com/full-schedule
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
3 years and 50 weeks out of every 4 years, I don't give a damn about swimming, Gymnastics, and volleyball. But for 2 weeks I do.

WTS, dude from France snapped his leg; pretty ugly.

Reply/Quote
USA! USA! USA!

I love the Olympics. Checking out the sports I don't get to see as often is always cool.
Reply/Quote
USA lady was killing it in this bike race. We were probably looking at gold and silver. The woman in the lead going down hill at 50+ mph geeeezzzeee that was a bad wreck. They were saying there was a lot of broken bones for the men yesterday.

And damn it. We were in first the whole damn time and get passed with like 10 seconds left by 3 and dont even medal. Unreal. Poor gal.
Reply/Quote
I was mistaken. The one who wrecked wasnt team USA
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2016, 04:22 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: I was mistaken. The one who wrecked wasnt team USA

She was from the Netherlands. Man that was ugly I thought the worst for a few minutes.

Too bad Abbot couldnt bring home the gold for the states. Still a lot of respect it's insane how long some of these rides are. The same thing happened to a Polish guy yesterday he was leading the majority of the race and got chased down.
Reply/Quote
In the least surprising news, USA won gold medal in shooting.

Ninja
Reply/Quote
So far im diggin women's rugby. It be worth bein a tg for a few weeks just to get in one of them scrums.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(08-08-2016, 12:48 PM)Millhouse Wrote: So far im diggin women's rugby. It be worth bein a tg for a few weeks just to get in one of them scrums.

I am so far impressed with their physicality, as well.

On another note, if you ever find yourself feeling useless, keep in mind their is a lifeguard on duty at all Olympic swimming events... Hilarious

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

[Image: 13900289_1432969250054014_20726991963067...e=58183C8D]

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Kerri Walsh has 3 kids. And is still smoking hot in a bikini and dominates in volleyball.

Wish that was my wife.

I liked seeing the American beat the russian in swimming after giving her shit about being dirty.
Reply/Quote
(08-09-2016, 12:48 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: I liked seeing the American beat the russian in swimming after giving her shit about being dirty.

But that Russian is fine as frog hair and that American has been smacked. 

Reply/Quote