Poll: Would you rather
Keep Dalton and Green
Sign Wilson and Quick
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2016 options?
Say you're the Bengals new GM and Mike Brown comes and tells you that you have to get a QB and a #1 WR for around $28,000,000 average salary. You have the option of standing pat by giving AJ Green $12,000,000 a year on a new deal and keeping Dalton at $16,000,000 or signing Russell Wilson for $22,000,000 and a guy like Brian Quick for the remaining $6,000,000. What would you do?
[Image: Untitleddfcopycopycopycopy_zps872b23c3.png]
Reply/Quote
I like Russell Wilson. I don't want this to be considered me bashing him. But there is no way i pay him $22 million.

And who is Brian Quick?
Reply/Quote
Keeping what we got.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Stand pat.
Wilson is not an upgrade.

Reply/Quote
Wilson is an upgrade. But Brian Quick is a nobody at this point. He had potential but nowhere is that a fair trade. Seems like a bad fantasy trade where the guy trading Wilson/Quick is getting the best of the other guy. Stick with Green and Dalton.
Reply/Quote
... I think I'd do it, if not heavily consider it.

For Quick it'd be a 1 year deal, he looked so promising with Austin Davis in the first 4 weeks, and then the injury happened.

The key is for Eifert and Jones to stay healthy so it won't just be him.
Reply/Quote
To clarify my position. I would probably take Wilson over Dalton, but there are many QBs better than Wilson. He is not worth anything close to $22 million.

And Quick is a nobody and he is injured. He is worth about $3 million tops.
Reply/Quote
(06-27-2015, 12:03 AM)Stormborn Wrote: ... I think I'd do it, if not heavily consider it.

For Quick it'd be a 1 year deal, he looked so promising with Austin Davis in the first 4 weeks, and then the injury happened.

The key is for Eifert and Jones to stay healthy so it won't just be him.

That's where I'm at. 

I picked Quick up off waivers in fantasy last year after week 1 and he did good for a few weeks. With a proper QB  think he could be a legit #1. Wilson is a proper QB. I think with all of the other weapons we have in place going with Wilson (overpaid or not the guy gets it done in the postseason) and a rising talent like Quick might be the way to go. 

Plus Russ was born here.
Reply/Quote
(06-26-2015, 11:30 PM)orangeandblackblood Wrote: Stand pat.

Hilarious and stupefying. Your Andy man crush knows no bounds. Russell Wilson > Andy Dalton, and it's not even remotely close. The passer ratings, stats, and composure under duress paint this picture so vividly Ray Charles could see every brush stroke. We can debate if Wilson deserves to be the highest paid player in the league, but there is no debate on the question of is Wilson a better NFL QB than Andy Dalton.
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
I'd rather have choice C. Keep Green, draft another QB, and allow that QB and McCarron to compete for the job. Use the other draft picks to snag impact players for the defensive front 7, another safety, and grab another WR for the rotation. I'm just not a fan of Dalton, period. He's serviceable, but serviceable rarely leads a team to glory, if ever. Dalton has consistently shown over four years that he won't or can't rise to the occasion and carry the team when they need him the most. He lacks the outward moxie and fire to inspire his team. His play plummets in the Playoffs, in Primetime, and late in the season. The goal is to win the Super Bowl. Merely getting to the Wild Card round is not enough. If Andy continues his tendency to plummet later in the season and choke in the Playoffs , the choice will be obvious.
Through 2023

Reply/Quote
(06-27-2015, 12:45 AM)t3r3e3 Wrote: Hilarious and stupefying.  Your Andy man crush knows no bounds.  Russell Wilson > Andy Dalton, and it's not even remotely close.  The passer ratings, stats, and composure under duress paint this picture so vividly Ray Charles could see every brush stroke.  We can debate if Wilson deserves to be the highest paid player in the league, but there is no debate on the question of is Wilson a better NFL QB than Andy Dalton.

You do realize that Wilson is a system QB right? If he didn't have a good run game then he wouldn't look nearly impressive. He's athletic, but is he a great pocket passer? No he's not. Wilson passes off of play action more than any QB in the league. Wilson rarely is very productive in games (there are a few games where you can show he was productive). Once Lynch stops producing top tier #s Wilson stats will look even more pedestrian.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-27-2015, 05:37 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: You do realize that Wilson is a system QB right? If he didn't have a good run game then he wouldn't look nearly impressive. He's athletic, but is he a great pocket passer? No he's not. Wilson passes off of play action more than any QB in the league. Wilson rarely is very productive in games (there are a few games where you can show he was productive). Once Lynch stops producing top tier #s Wilson stats will look even more pedestrian.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/W/WilsRu00.htm

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/D/DaltAn00.htm

Peruse those stats. About 32GM's and a few hundred scouts would beg to differ with your assertion. Wilson wins in the pocket, and outside of it.  His passer rating has been 10-15 points better than Dalton's each year he's been in the league, and his Playoff passer rating is basically double Andy's.  Wilson can also win with his legs.  And by the way, Seattle also happens to be deep at RB, so if Lynch leaves, they won't be much worse in the running department.  Keep reaching...
Through 2023

Reply/Quote
I like Russell Wilson. Not all too familiar with Brian Quick.

Having said that, if this team was going to make a move to replace Dalton, I would want a player that could carry a team to playoff wins.

Wilson is a solid quarterback, but he needs to be surrounded by talent in order to perform at his highest ability. Sounds all too familiar to me.
Formerly w8ing 4 '08
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(06-27-2015, 06:23 AM)t3r3e3 Wrote: http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/W/WilsRu00.htm

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/D/DaltAn00.htm

Peruse those stats.  About 32GM's and a few hundred scouts would beg to differ with your assertion.  Wilson wins in the pocket, and outside of it.  His passer rating has been 10-15 points better than Dalton's each year he's been in the league, and his Playoff passer rating is basically double Andy's.  Wilson can also win with his legs.  And by the way, Seattle also happens to be deep at RB, so if Lynch leaves, they won't be much worse in the running department.  Keep reaching...

Passer rating doesn't mean they played better. It only means they are more efficient with the ball. Wilson almost always has pedestrian stats. In his whole career he has only had 5 games where he threw for 300 or more yards (playoffs included). Dalton has had more than 5 games in just one year. Wilson relys on his team to win the game. I wouldn't even want Wilson unless I have a loaded team.
Reply/Quote
(06-26-2015, 11:30 PM)orangeandblackblood Wrote: Stand pat.

[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(06-27-2015, 04:00 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: Passer rating doesn't mean they played better. It only means they are more efficient with the ball. Wilson almost always have pedestrian stats. In his whole career he has only had 5 games where he threw for 300 or more yards (playoffs included). Dalton has had more than 5 games in just one year. Wilson relys on his team to win the game. I wouldn't even want Wilson unless I have a loaded team.

You must have loved Jeff George...
Through 2023

Reply/Quote
(06-27-2015, 04:37 PM)t3r3e3 Wrote: You must have loved Jeff George...

Nice strawman
Reply/Quote
(06-27-2015, 09:34 AM)PlayerFormerlyKnownAsMousecop Wrote: I like Russell Wilson. Not all too familiar with Brian Quick.

Having said that, if this team was going to make a move to replace Dalton, I would want a player that could carry a team to playoff wins.

Wilson is a solid quarterback, but he needs to be surrounded by talent in order to perform at his highest ability. Sounds all too familiar to me.

Brian Quick was a small school guy the Rams drafted pretty high a few years back. He didn't do much his first 2 seasons and last year started to show some major ability but got hurt midseason and was gone for the year. He is big fast and strong but his stats don't show a lot. I expect him to have a really good year this year and demand 6-8 million a season as a free agent.
Reply/Quote
(06-27-2015, 04:48 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: Nice strawman

Russell Wilson is already a top 6-8 QB in the league. Rodgers, Brady, Manning, Luck (the other guy homers love to hate on), Big Ben, Wilson, Bree's, Romo/Rivers. Now that Jimmy Graham is in town, look for Wilson's raw stats to improve. Your flawed argument will get weaker and weaker the next couple of seasons. Daltonwill never be the talent that Wilson is. He doesn't have the arm, the legs, the calm under pressure, or the outward leadership traits that Wilson exudes. It doesn't mean Dalton is terrible, just that he isn't close to being in the same league as Wilson. Face it, the Bengals have a Ryan Fitzpatrick clone or a poor man's Matt Ryan starting at QB.
Through 2023

Reply/Quote
(06-27-2015, 05:19 PM)t3r3e3 Wrote: Russell Wilson is already a top 6-8 QB in the league.  Rodgers, Brady, Manning, Luck (the other guy homers love to hate on), Big Ben, Wilson, Bree's, Romo/Rivers.  Now that Jimmy Graham is in town, look for Wilson's raw stats to improve.  Your flawed argument will get weaker and weaker the next couple of seasons.  Daltonwill never be the talent that Wilson is.  He doesn't have the arm, the legs, the calm under pressure, or the outward leadership traits that Wilson exudes.  It doesn't mean Dalton is terrible, just that he isn't close to being in the same league as Wilson.  Face it, the Bengals have a Ryan Fitzpatrick clone or a poor man's Matt Ryan starting at QB.

Wow you really think Wilson is a top 6-8 QB in the league? That's hilarious. Also how is my argument flawed? If you want to make a point you have to show proof, and I don't believe there is anything that points to Wilson being that good. Wilson is litterally the most over hyped QB in the league. All he has done has been a game manager letting the defense, special teams, and run game carry him. He very rarely shows production on the field, and if he wasn't on a team like the Seahawks he would be a more mobile Alex Smith (who isn't very good either).
Reply/Quote