Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2017 Bengal Offensive Strategies and Plans
http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Red-alert-for-offense/b0495286-3761-4d10-b11c-f1f618bd2104

Here's Zampese's interview.
Reply/Quote
I kept breaking out in laughter when reading the interview. He recognizes they need to score more points but nowhere does he ever admit the major issues on the Offensive Line.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2017, 02:55 PM)Joelist Wrote: I kept breaking out in laughter when reading the interview. He recognizes they need to score more points but nowhere does he ever admit the major issues on the Offensive Line.

Maybe he just figured it was too obvious to have to mention.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(01-12-2017, 12:53 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Red-alert-for-offense/b0495286-3761-4d10-b11c-f1f618bd2104

I found the numbers interesting. Total offense almost identical to last year, just a big drop in red zone production.
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2017, 06:37 PM)xxlt Wrote: I found the numbers interesting. Total offense almost identical to last year, just a big drop in red zone production.

Well if Dalton would have played all of 2015 there would have been a drop in the total offensive numbers. There was a massive drop for them when Dalton went down in 2015. I think we averaged 300 or less yards a game when he was out.
Reply/Quote
Don't like the guy. Not only will he give any credit to the OL by name, but refuses to call them out, either. Simply referring to them as " the blocking unit" or "the guys" just doesn't cut it. I fully expect my OC to be able to speak specifically, when it comes to the most important unit of offensive production.

Screw 'Zamp, fire him last September...

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2017, 07:18 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: Well if Dalton would have played all of 2015 there would have been a drop in the total offensive numbers. There was a massive drop for them when Dalton went down in 2015. I think we averaged 300 or less yards a game when he was out.

Hmmm. Interesting take, I just don't remember it that way. I remember McCarron filling in admirably, which is why half the fans want to start him over Dalton (Andy Dalton sucks!) and the other half think we should trade him for 1st round draft picks in each of the next five seasons (he's that good!). I'm not passionate enough to look up the numbers and compare them. If you want to though, I admit I would be interested in seeing the massive drop. Some others might too.
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.
Reply/Quote
Yeah, Zampeze is great. He's a throwback to the good old days, the days of run run pass punt...

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
As pessimistic as Zampese has us, I still foresee at least one big thread this off-season where we convince ourselves that opposing DC's are simply going to have nightmares trying to stop our offense. Bonus: A WR who will catch somewhere between 0-3 passes all year will be predicted to be "uncoverable."
Reply/Quote
He's ignoring the five 300 pound elephants in the room.
Reply/Quote
Zampese: Were gonna try to get in some good 3rd and 10s then run some draws to Hill
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2017, 10:55 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: He's ignoring the five 300 pound elephants in the room.

Hey that's an idea.

Sign up 5 baby elephants and see if we can use them as the OL. Mike might be happy as they probably will pay for smaller contracts based on fruits, plants and bushes. So it might well cost him less as well.

Only thing is that getting a helmet on with a trunk in the way could be awkward.

Tongue
Reply/Quote
As frustrating as it was to watch this offense this season, it didn't start that way. The offense was rolling, but the defense sucked ass.

Then, as teams started to double up AJ more and more, the offense became stagnant because they didn't have other options that could move the sticks. The running game was padded by facing a pathetic Browns defense twice...outside of that, they were somewhere around 3.6 YPC, and that is awful.

The offensive line was a major reason for this, but I was glad to hear Zamp actually mention "predictability" in formations, etc. That was also a large part of the problem. If you look at how the offense performed without AJ Green AND Eifert down the stretch, I was actually somewhat encouraged. It is easy to put a lot of this on the (delayed) benching of Ogbuehi, but it really had a big impact.

Just like Marv, we know he is getting one more year...the Bengals aren't going to do anything after just one poor performance...but if they lay a similar egg next year...buh-bye.
Reply/Quote
The offense was hampered by poor Oline play most of the year: couldn't run, no time in the pocket. I'm not sure if the personnel decision of keeping Ced. O. out there was Zampese's. Personnel aside, I'm not ready to write off his abilities as an OC just yet, but would also be okay if Marv & Co. decide to go another direction.
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2017, 12:53 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Red-alert-for-offense/b0495286-3761-4d10-b11c-f1f618bd2104

It was more interesting watching Dansby and Lafell playing Madden.

I don't really care for Zamp, he reminds me of Marv that he doesn't push to be the best.

Why put a limit on your numbers? 4.4 yards per carry is what they are aiming at?

Why put a limit?

You want to be the best, not in the top ten.

Mediocrity hunter. We need a new OC.
Reply/Quote