Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
2017 NFL Draft rewind
As we bid farewell to the draft forum for about 7 months lets look back at the 2017 Draft and you are the GM. Then when we start it up next year, I'll bump this. You can either take the player the Bengals picked or a player chosen after. Also you can refuse the trade back if you wish:

RD 1 Jonathan Allen

RD 2 Joe Mixon

RD 3 Fabian Moreau

RD 4 Carl Lawson

RD 4 Josh Malone

RD 4 Jake Butt

RD 5 Roderick Johnson

RD 5 J.J. Deilman

RD 6 Vincent Taylor

RD 6 Brad Kaaya

RD 7 Matt Davis
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
1. John Ross
2. Joe Mixon
3. Jordan Willis (Derek rivers very close 2nd)
4. Carl Lawson
4. Jordan Morgan
4. Jake Butt
5.Isaac Asiata
5. Tanzel Smart
6. Zane Gonzalez
6. Brad Kaaya
7. KD cannon
Reply/Quote
#9 Jonathan Allen DT/DE Alabama
#48 Joe Mixon RB Oklahoma
#73 Jordan Willis DE KSU
#116 Josh Reynolds WR Texas A&M
#128 Julie'n Davenport OT Bucknell
#138 Jake Butt TE Michigan
#153 Isaac Asiata G Utah
#176 Robert Davis WR GSU
#193 Jordan Evans LB Oklahoma
#217 Zane Gonzalez K ASU
#227 Jon Toth C Kentucky
#251 Chad Kelly QB Ole Miss

udfa David Jones S Richmond
Reply/Quote
1. John Ross. WR. Washington

2. Ethan Pocic. C. LSU

3. Jordan Willis. DE. Kansas State

4A. Carl Lawson. DE. Auburn

4B. Carlos Watkins. DT. Clemson

4C. Jake Butt. TE. Michigan

5A. Isaac Asiata. OG. Utah

5B. Xavier Woods. S. Louisiana Tech

6A. Jordan Evans. Oklahoma. LB

6B. Zane Gonzalez. K. Arizona State

7. Aviante Collins. OT. TCU
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
1: John Ross
2: Pat Elflein, C/OG Ohio St
3: Jordan Willis
4: Carl Lawson
4(MIN): Julie'n Davenport, OT Bucknell
4comp: Carlos Watkins, DT Clemson
5: Jeremy McNichols, RB Boise St
5comp: Zane Gonzalez, K Arizona St (assuming Elliott wouldn't still be here)
6: Jordan Evans
6(TEN): Brandon Wilson
7comp: Cole Hikutini, TE Louisville

Changes in bold.

EDIT - Completely forgot to take K again after switching out 5 for McNichols. Fixed.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
1. Jonathan Allen DT
2. Dalvin Cook RB
3. Tarrell Basham DE
4. Josh Malone WR
4. Roderick Johnson T
5. Marquel Lee ILB
5. J J Dielman C
6. Bucky Hodges TE
6. Zane Gonzales K
7. Damien Mama G
Reply/Quote
1. Malik Hooker (Safety) - Everyone else went with Allen so I will switch it up and say Hooker because we could have then played Shawn Williams at LB and improved two positions at once.

2. Joe Mixon (Running Back) - No complaints on field wise for this pick. He has a chance to be a top 5 RB in the league with his rushing and pass catching ability.

3. Jordan Willis (Defensive End) - A steal in the third round and made us not being able to trade back and land Derek Barnett or Charles Harris in the middle of the 1st not such a big deal.

4. Carl Lawson (Defensive End/Pass Rusher) - Injuries are a concern but he was rated 42 overall by CBS Sports so he has tremendous value and is a good character guy similar to Willis.

4. Carlos Watkins (Defensive Tackle) - If we were going to take a Defensive Tackle in this draft I would have a few different guys in mind over Glasgow and Watkins would have been one of them.

4. Jake Butt (Tight End) - If we were interested in adding OJ Howard in the 1st because of concerns with Eifert's injuries and contract then why not get a guy that we don't have to rush on the field but had first round talent in Jake Butt?

5. Roderick Johnson (Offensive Tackle) - So annoyed when we kept passing on both Butt and Johnson. Both guys made a ton of sense and would have been great value. Johnson would have given the Bengals true insurance in the event that Ogbuehi struggles at LT.

5. Danny Isidora (Guard) - I don't mind the Dielman pick because he may be able to play Center and we could use that but honestly with how the draft fell we could have waited and added Center prospects as UDFA's in Orlosky and Toth.

6. Jordan Evans (Linebacker) - Didn't know a lot about this guy when we drafted him but I think he was a good pick this late in the draft. He is a great athlete with excellent cover skills from the LB position which is something that we needed to have some potential upgrades at.

6. Zane Gonzalez (Kicker) - I liked Gonzalez so much better than Elliot in this draft for the Bengals and wouldn't have been upset if we took him in the 5th. Sucks even more the Browns got him in the 7th.

7. Chad Kelly (Quarterback) - Worst case scenario you don't like his attitude or he gets in trouble and you cut a guy that you picked up at the very end of the draft. Best case you steal a one time potential first round talent in the 7th round and have a great backup for Andy Dalton whenever McCarron moves along via trade or free agency in the next year or so.

UDFA - With the way things played out in my redraft and the real thing I would have been bringing in Jon Toth and Tyler Orlosky as UDFA to compete for that backup Center job and hopefully replace Bodine if by the grace of god we do the smart thing and don't re-sign him after this season.
[Image: fadQsr.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2017, 04:20 PM)bfine32 Wrote: As we bid farewell to the draft forum for about 7 months lets look back at the 2017 Draft and you are the GM. Then when we start it up next year, I'll bump this. You can either take the player the Bengals picked or a player chosen after. Also you can refuse the trade back if you wish:

RD 1 Jonathan Allen

RD 2 Joe Mixon

RD 3 Fabian Moreau

RD 4 Carl Lawson

RD 4 Josh Malone

RD 4 Jake Butt

RD 5 Roderick Johnson

RD 5 J.J. Deilman

RD 6 Vincent Taylor

RD 6 Brad Kaaya

RD 7 Matt Davis

Just a reminder, no Mixon, you lose the 2nd 4th round pick

No trade up for Wilson, get an extra 7th round pick
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
John Ross
Joe Mixon RB Oklahoma
Jordan Willis DE KSU
Lawson
Malone
Glasgow
R. Johnson
Jordon Evans
Zane Gonzalez
Wilson
Chad Kelly QB Ole Miss
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
I did not do a mock draft this year. But for the life of me I cannot understand why the Bengals did not draft DT Watkins. I know Watkins may take some plays off but he has flashes of greatness.

I also agree with others that they should have taken the TE Butt. They could have still drafted Elliott later.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
RD 1 John Ross

RD 2 Joe Mixon

RD 3 Jordan Willis

RD 4 Carl Lawson

RD 4 Josh Malone

RD 4 Ryan Glascow

RD 5 Isaac Asiata

RD 5 Caleb Brantley

RD 6 Jonathan Evans

RD 6 Brad Kaaya

RD 7 Matt Davis
Reply/Quote
I'd only change round 3 to Bashum. I'm good with what we got.
Reply/Quote
1.) Johnathan Allen
2.)Damarcus Walker
3.) Derek Rivers
4.)Josh Reynolds
4.) Josh Malone
4.)Marlon Mack
5.) Jake Elliot
5.) Michael Tyson
6.) Jordan Evans
6.) Brandon Wilson
7.)Chad Kelly
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2017, 08:34 PM)bengalsdude Wrote: 1. John Ross
2. Joe Mixon
3. Jordan Willis (Derek rivers very close 2nd)
4. Carl Lawson
4. Jordan Morgan
4. Jake Butt
5.Isaac Asiata
5. Tanzel Smart
6. Zane Gonzalez
6. Brad Kaaya
7. KD cannon

Good sign when you wouldn't change a single pick in the first 4 selections haha.
Reply/Quote