Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2017 Predictions
Okay, the Bengals aren't in the playoffs and I have some time on my hands.

Based upon what we KNOW from this franchise, and what we can REALISTICALLY EXPECT, make your predictions now and see how close they turn out.  No guts, no glory!

Home
Baltimore -W
Cleveland - W
Pittsburgh - L
Houston - W
Indianapolis - L
Chicago - W
Detroit - L
Buffalo - W

Away
Baltimore - L  (Split again)
Cleveland - L  (Due for a split since they swept last year in Hue's first year)
Pittsburgh - L
Jacksonville - W
Tennessee -L
Green Bay - L
Minnesota - W
Denver - W  (Due for an away win and they will have new HC and system)

8-8 Miss playoffs again.
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2017, 03:59 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Okay, the Bengals aren't in the playoffs and I have some time on my hands.

Based upon what we KNOW from this franchise, and what we can REALISTICALLY EXPECT, make your predictions now and see how close they turn out.  No guts, no glory!

Home
Baltimore -W
Cleveland - W
Pittsburgh - L
Houston - W
Indianapolis - L
Chicago - W
Detroit - L
Buffalo - W

Away
Pittsburgh - L
Jacksonville - W
Tennessee -L
Green Bay - L
Minnesota - W

8-8 Miss playoffs again.

I don't know.  I could see us doing pretty well with a third place schedule.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(01-09-2017, 03:59 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: 2017

Home
Baltimore -W
Cleveland - W
Pittsburgh - W
Houston - W
Indianapolis - W
Chicago - W
Detroit - W
Buffalo - L

Away
Cleveland - W  
Pittsburgh - L
Jacksonville - W
Tennessee -L
Green Bay - L
Minnesota - L
Denver - W 

10-6 Make the Playoffs as a Wildcard and lose once again under Marv.

Thank God it is our last time in the Playoffs with him.

Could be much better though if we replace PA and Haslett. Could be as high as 13-3 if this happens.
Reply/Quote
I think they beat Indianapolis and sweep Cleveland but lose to Minnesota.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I actually think the Bengals will fair better next year. I'd say 10-6 or 11-5 like I predicted this year. No ties. lol However, we lose the first playoff game again. Marvin exits at last.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2017, 04:31 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: 10-6 Make the Playoffs as a Wildcard and lose once again under Marv.

Thank God it is our last time in the Playoffs with him.

Could be much better though if we replace PA and Haslett. Could be as high as 13-3 if this happens.

either 8-8 or worse of 10-6 and lose in first round of playoffs

There is no hope of winning AFC or a Super bowl so long as Marv is head coach and Alexander is OL coach and Bodine in the center.

Alexander as OL coach means Bodine will be the center which means we won't be able to run and Andy will get overwhelmed with pressure up the middle whenever we play a playoff level team.
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2017, 05:30 PM)bengals67 Wrote: either 8-8 or worse of 10-6 and lose in first round of playoffs

There is no hope of winning AFC or a Super bowl so long as Marv is head coach and Alexander is OL coach and Bodine in the center.

Alexander as OL coach means Bodine will be the center which means we won't be able to run and Andy will get overwhelmed with pressure up the middle whenever we play a playoff level team.

Sad but true.
Reply/Quote
Being the OP, the thread was intended to give your predictions, based upon what we DO know, right now. What we DO know, so far, is that Marvin will be the HC, we know who is signed, and who isn't, we can guess at who they WILL keep, and who they might draft, based on franchise history. It wasn't intended to predict based upon who we THINK should be HC, who we THINK they should keep, who we THINK they should draft, etc etc.
Reply/Quote
Guess people are goin do what they want like it or not.

Anyway back on topic I think we go 10-6 or better vs that schedule. Hopefully get a playoff win.
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2017, 07:44 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Being the OP, the thread was intended to give your predictions, based upon what we DO know, right now.  What we DO know, so far, is that Marvin will be the HC, we know who is signed, and who isn't, we can guess at who they WILL keep, and who they might draft, based on franchise history. It wasn't intended to predict based upon who we THINK should be HC, who we THINK they should keep, who we THINK they should draft, etc etc.

Well, you stated none of that in your OP...

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
He didn't but did ask for predictions, go figure. ?
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2017, 07:44 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Being the OP, the thread was intended to give your predictions, based upon what we DO know, right now.  What we DO know, so far, is that Marvin will be the HC, we know who is signed, and who isn't, we can guess at who they WILL keep, and who they might draft, based on franchise history. It wasn't intended to predict based upon who we THINK should be HC, who we THINK they should keep, who we THINK they should draft, etc etc.

I gave mine. Cool
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2017, 08:01 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Well, you stated none of that in your OP...

I was assuming, yes I know, this is the Bengals forum and it should never be assumed, especially in here, that REALISTICALLY EXPECT kind of covered it, but I guess I should have 'spelled it out' instead?
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2017, 09:23 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: I was assuming, yes I know, this is the Bengals forum and it should never be assumed, especially in here, that REALISTICALLY EXPECT kind of covered it, but I guess I should have 'spelled it out' instead?

Yeah, posting from a phone really has it's disadvantages, when you're trying to orchestrate a well thought post...

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2017, 09:33 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Yeah, posting from a phone really has it's disadvantages, when you're trying to orchestrate a well thought post...

that and keeping in mind things need to be spelled out in here ...  my bad!
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2017, 09:38 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: that and keeping in mind things need to be spelled out in here ...  my bad!

Yeah, this isn't the same as a fan page on FB, a lot of people use full screen and keyboards on here.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2017, 09:40 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Yeah, this isn't the same as a fan page on FB, a lot of people use full screen and keyboards on here.

and many here don't even get it when it DOES get spelled out, rambling on with tangents.  Cool
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2017, 03:59 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Okay, the Bengals aren't in the playoffs and I have some time on my hands.

Home
Baltimore -W
Cleveland - W
Pittsburgh - L
Houston - W
Indianapolis - L
Chicago - W
Detroit - L
Buffalo - W

Away
Pittsburgh - L
Jacksonville - W
Tennessee -L
Green Bay - L
Minnesota - W

8-8 Miss playoffs again.

I can see us going anywhere between 4-12 and 9-7. If we actually fix the OL with some real men up front we could go 11-5, but won't be holding breath.

And to be specific about the 4-12, I can see us losing to Houston (just like this year), Buffalo (just like this year), Denver (just like this year) and @ Minnesota (simply because they have better coaches than we do).

Reply/Quote
(01-09-2017, 10:08 PM)BengalChris Wrote: I can see us going anywhere between 4-12 and 9-7. If we actually fix the OL with some real men up front we could go 11-5, but won't be holding breath.

And to be specific about the 4-12, I can see us losing to Houston (just like this year), Buffalo (just like this year), Denver (just like this year) and @ Minnesota (simply because they have better coaches than we do).

Sound logic BC, so based upon what we know now and assuming that PA remains as OL coach, what is your prediction at this point in time?
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2017, 10:15 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Sound logic BC, so based upon what we know now and assuming that PA remains as OL coach, what is your prediction at this point in time?

You know it's really hard to say 5-11 or 11-5 or 8-8 when there are so many variables that can come in and unanswered questions.

Who will we re-sign in the off season? Whit? Kirkpatrick? Zeitler? Will we fix the OL? Who do we draft and will they be healthy by the time the season starts?

So, I'm going to play it safe and say 7-9 and Marv departs on a losing note.

Reply/Quote