Poll: How do you feel about the team right now?
We gonna win the Superbowlz!!!
We are going to return to the postseason
They could surprise
It's not all bad
Waiting to see, but positive
Waiting to see, but negitive
Not looking good right now
Rebuilding year
A step away from rooting for another team
Go Steelers!!!
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2017 Season Optimism/Pessimism Poll
How are you feeling about the start of the season?

All submissions are confidential. However, comments are encouraged.
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote
(07-21-2017, 07:53 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: How are you feeling about the start of the season?

Didn't see the choice i was looking for...

*Will watch but not getting emotionally invested until after that playoff win; and ready to drop them like a bad habit if they trip over their own feet like last year.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
I picked a rebuilding year. Only because I think we are 6-10 this year and need improvement.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
I feel the same way I do every year, before a game is played. We're gonna win the Superbowl!!!

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Waiting to see, but positive because it all rests on the offensive line for me.

If they can even be decent, then this team will do BIG things.
Reply/Quote
I went waiting to see but negative

I've just had a gut full of the Mike and Marvin show. My confidence is broken, sorry.
Reply/Quote
I'm somewhere between "waiting to see, but positive" and "one step away from rooting for another team". Actually, it's more like "rooting for another team in addition to the Bengals". Depends on who sticks around and who goes. I think they'll be better than last year. That's positive, ain't it?
Reply/Quote
Going to win the SuperbowlZ!

Then again I am lazy and just went with the first choice.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
I can't really partake in this poll because I'm all over the place with things with one exception. I'd rather crap my pants on a hot muggy day and ride a bicycle for 100 miles non-stop than root for the squeelers.. Just for the record I have no desire to crap in my pants whatsoever. I think I was 2 the last time.. 
No wait..there was that one time with a really bad hangover....nah..you don't want to hear about that one..I'd just soon forget about it myself. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Take the GD GO steelers off this list before BANHAMMER starts twirling!!!

And I don't have the power of Thor...just sayin
Reply/Quote
I picked “they could surprise” because I think if the O-line holds up we could make the playoffs again. We have the potential to be an explosive offense with the additions of Ross, Mixon, paired with a healthy Green/ Eifert and we have a good defense. However I’m at the point now as a Bengals fan that I can’t get too excited / optimistic during the regular season if the team looks good. The Bengals could go 16-0 during the regular season and beat every team by 3 touchdowns and I would still question if Marvin and company could win a playoff game. Hopefully the streak ends this year but I'll have my doubts until they do.
Reply/Quote
Love the talent and speed we got in this draft. Love Dalton, Green and Eifert. I think the defense has the talent to be top 8, and I'm not as low on our secondary as some. That said, in spite of all the good players, I just can't get very pumped for another season of Marv-ball. I'm also the opposite of thrilled with Paul Alexander and this o-line.

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me 15 times...ok I'm not falling for it this time.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(07-21-2017, 11:52 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Take the GD GO steelers off this list before BANHAMMER starts twirling!!!

And I don't have the power of Thor...just sayin

Watch your mouth, mister. I have an itchy trigger finger and I'm just dying to bring down the mighty banhammer of justice on someone.  Hammer
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Every year, people say we have the talent/potential to get over the playoff hump. Small changes like dropping stagnant players and drafting well puts me in a simple category : Cautiously optimistic.

Reply/Quote
We need to stay healthy and we will be a really good team. The defense will probably be a top 3 in points allowed, and the offense won't be that bad even if the OL isn't that good. Our schedule is waaaay easier than last year, and we could have easily had 3-4 more wins if we had a mediocre kicker (even with all of our injuries). Just imagine if we actually had Green, Eifert, and Gio all year. Now we have Ross and Mixon too. If the OL just plays mediocre then we will probably go 12-4 or 13-3 as long as we stay relatively healthy.
Reply/Quote
(07-22-2017, 01:32 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Watch your mouth, mister. I have an itchy trigger finger and I'm just dying to bring down the mighty banhammer of justice on someone.  Hammer

WHOOSH, WHOOSH, WHOOSH (overhead)

I thought profanity was acceptable if it was in reference to the Devil's team (pittsburgh)?
Reply/Quote
Waiting positively to see.

But even though I believe history may show this team has some of the best Bengals ever at their position (if they play majority of snaps in Cincy).

In AJ Green, Tyler Eiffert (if he ever stays healthy), and Joe Mixon. Big "if" on Joe but every time watching his tape I see Peterson.

But O-line is huge question mark. Plus with many new players on D it may take a few to develop chemistry.

Could see anything from very good, to we suck this year.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
I'm pretty confident we make the post-season if we stay healthy enough.

After that it's just a total who knows.
Reply/Quote
I didn't see my option: "I love my team, but I want them to lose so we can finally get rid of Marv"
Reply/Quote
(07-22-2017, 08:47 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: WHOOSH, WHOOSH, WHOOSH (overhead)

I thought profanity was acceptable if it was in reference to the Devil's team (pittsburgh)?

*Holsters mighty hammer*

(for now)

Looks like everything is okay here. Carry on.
Reply/Quote