Poll: How do you feel about the team right now?
We gonna win the Superbowlz!!!
We are going to return to the postseason
They could surprise
It's not all bad
Waiting to see, but positive
Waiting to see, but negitive
Not looking good right now
Rebuilding year
A step away from rooting for another team
Go Steelers!!!
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2017 Season Optimism/Pessimism Poll
Went with 'It's not all bad'. Basically, there is a solid core of veterans I expect good years out of. The schedule is easier also.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-22-2017, 12:42 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: *Holsters mighty hammer*

(for now)

Looks like everything is okay here. Carry on.

I can't stand it...someone make an Emoji of this!!!
Reply/Quote
This is the year the monkey comes off the franchise's back and a lot of irritating people have no more to say and hopefully disappear back down into their holes.

This is the year the players overcome whatever bizarre thing Marvin does in playoff games, take matters into their own hands and end this terrible streak.

Next year, we win it all.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
I believe they could surprise. This team seems to have a chippiness to them anymore. Have to prove things. Players are hungry.

However, that offensive line is a train wreck. The coaching staff has taken a step back with Vance Joseph being gone. Sure, Zampese gets another year under his belt, but I'm also very pessimistic with his play calling, we had one of the worst red zone offenses we've had in YEARS.

If the offensive line actually does a decent job, I see a post-season berth. Also, throw in the Bengals have the weakest strength of schedule.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-21-2017, 07:53 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: How are you feeling about the start of the season?

All submissions are confidential. However, comments are encouraged.

I think we will be back in the Playoffs this year. Hard to not be excited about this Defense and if the O-line just plays
decent the Offense should be really tough to stop. I say we win the Division, have a home game but lose again since
the writing is on the wall in big bold letters that Marvin Lewis just cannot win in the Playoffs.

Who knows if this team could carry his lame ass though, miracles do happen sometimes.
Reply/Quote
At this point in the season I tried to temper my overly optimistic view of the Bengals so I went with that they could surprise instead of going to the postseason.

I hope that you put this poll up again after a couple preseason games because I may alter my choice.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(07-22-2017, 03:02 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: At this point in the season I tried to temper my overly optimistic view of the Bengals so I went with that they could surprise instead of going to the postseason.

I hope that you put this poll up again after a couple preseason games because I may alter my choice.

That 3rd Preseason game is usually where you get some kind of an idea how good the team will be.

Nice that we play a decent Redskins team as well this year.
Reply/Quote
I think we'll get back in the playoffs. Despite Marv, and the big question of the O-Line. Just too many weapons IMO. Of course after that................
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-21-2017, 08:59 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Waiting to see, but positive because it all rests on the offensive line for me.

If they can even be decent, then this team will do BIG things.

My thinking exactly. Adding Billings, Lawson, Willis, and Minter to the front 7 and WJ3 to the secondary will make it harder for teams to move the ball and score on us. We're loaded with weapons on O, but can the Oline make them viable? 
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
Went with making the playoffs. Optimistically I really believe we could have the team to win it all. However, my pessimism reigns back the optimism due to our playoff record and our coaching.

Reply/Quote
(07-22-2017, 01:28 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Love the talent and speed we got in this draft. Love Dalton, Green and Eifert. I think the defense has the talent to be top 8, and I'm not as low on our secondary as some. That said, in spite of all the good players, I just can't get very pumped for another season of Marv-ball. I'm also the opposite of thrilled with Paul Alexander and this o-line.

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me 15 times...ok I'm not falling for it this time.

Rock On ThumbsUp
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(07-25-2017, 07:50 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: Went with making the playoffs. Optimistically I really believe we could have the team to win it all. However, my pessimism reigns back the optimism due to our playoff record and our coaching.

That 0-7 record is pretty damn telling. Never been a coach with that poor of a record.
Reply/Quote
(07-25-2017, 01:11 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: That 0-7 record is pretty damn telling. Never been a coach with that poor of a record.

Its like someone telling you tou jam a fork into an electrical outlet for the 8th time and saying, "Trust me. It won't bite this time!"

Reply/Quote
I find it interesting a lot of the same fans who acted like no big deal to make playoffs 5 years running now think it is so hard to make the playoffs and think we have no chance.

Our QB has missed the playoffs 1 time in his career.......1 time!

AD gets no respect, he will lead them back to the playoffs.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(07-25-2017, 10:23 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Its like someone telling you tou jam a fork into an electrical outlet for the 8th time and saying, "Trust me. It won't bite this time!"

Meanwhile, Nate is hanging out by the breaker....
Reply/Quote