Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2017 Top 10 Bengals...
Top 10 Bengals heading into next season

https://www.si.com/nfl/2017/06/07/nfl-player-rankings-afc-north-teams

Thoughts on the order if not the players?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Here's the ones that stand out to me:

1. Ced is possibly the most important player on this team outside of AJ. We all saw what happened with AJ out of the lineup last year. We also saw what happened when Ced was in the lineup.

2. I don't think Ross is that important to the team. He is a rookie and there are other very capable guys in the WR corps.

3. Tyler Eifert is WAY too low on this list. When healthy, this offense is nearly impossible to stop.
Reply/Quote
Considering how badly Nugent screwed us last year I'd say you could almost make a case for having a kicker on the list...

Reply/Quote
Most important besides QB.
1.)Geno- best player on defense and makes everything go.
2.) AJ Green- best player on offense gives defensive coordinators nightmares
3.) Vontaz- heart & soul of team
4.) Carlos Dunlap- best edge player on defense and a top 20 defensive end.
5.) Eifert- top 5 TE when healthy.
6.) OG- he is a terrible player but he plays LT now which makes important. However I don't think the Bengal are expecting greatness so I expect to see more double teams and quick throws to help him out.
7.)Fisher- RT is also important and need him to play well. Can't have two terrible tackles in NFL.
8.) John Ross- his speed will give more space for the running game and open up the middle of the field for the passing game.
9.) Tyler Boyd- I expect to see a lot of quick passes this season and with a hopefully healthy AJ, Eifert, and Ross. Someone is going to benefit from the underneath routes. Insert slot WR Boyd as a favorite of Daltons.
10.) Mixion- is ability out of the backfield and blocking will come in handy.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
I was surprised no RB was on there. We need a running back to put run game on his shoulders.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(06-07-2017, 11:56 PM)jj22 Wrote: Top 10 Bengals heading into next season

I'd put Russell Bodine or a RB (Mixon or Bernard) on the list instead of John Ross.
Bodine because with the uncertainty around him, he needs to make sure that pocket doesn't collapse from the middle.
The Bengals need to get some kind of RB going or else the defense will just constantly put their ears back and rush Dalton over and over.
And Eifert should be 3-4. He and AJ are the most important receivers on the Bengals offense. When either is out, the offense seems to drop rather significantly.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
mine would be

1. Entire O-line,...... cheated but believe everything hinges on this first and foremost
2. AJ Green
3. Geno
4. Burfict
5. Eiffert
6. Mixon
7. Dunlap
8. Kirkpatrick
9. Billings
10. WJIII

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
It seems like this is my answer for every thread but it's so very true.  Everything about this team/season hinges on the offensive line, there's nothing more important !

If they can be at least average I strongly feel great things lie ahead. If not ? well you know
Reply/Quote
Ogbuehi is the most important player this year bar none.

Mixon will have a huge impact as a rookie.

So will Ross with his deep speed that we desperately needed opposite AJ.
Reply/Quote
(06-08-2017, 12:20 AM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Here's the ones that stand out to me:

1.  Ced is possibly the most important player on this team outside of AJ.  We all saw what happened with AJ out of the lineup last year.  We also saw what happened when Ced was in the lineup.

2.  I don't think Ross is that important to the team.  He is a rookie and there are other very capable guys in the WR corps.  

3.  Tyler Eifert is WAY too low on this list.  When healthy, this offense is nearly impossible to stop.

Behind the O-line, a deep threat was our biggest problem last year on this team.

I don't understand this thinking. Sure, Lafell and Boyd are capable but they are not deep threats that open up the Offense.

John Ross is, and a bag of chips. Mellow
Reply/Quote
(06-07-2017, 11:56 PM)jj22 Wrote: Top 10 Bengals heading into next season

Sort of a strange ranking...not most valuable, but most important?  For the upcoming season, I would have to have Shawn Williams in his second year picking up where he finished and not where he started again as a key element for the success of our defense, along with the addition of Jordan Willis as the rotational pass rusher.  Those were two huge issues preventing the team from taking the next step a season ago.  Lastly for the defense, I would have added Andrew Billings, a player that we are counting on to start at DT.  

On the offensive side of the ball, I agree with the selections, but I think Mixon should have been on the list.  The running game, and a less-predictable passing game to the running backs, is another huge potential upgrade to this team.  I might not put Uzomah in the top 10, but we sure need another TE to step up this season to pair with Eifert.  I am hoping it is Uzo.
Reply/Quote
(06-11-2017, 03:15 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Behind the O-line, a deep threat was our biggest problem last year on this team.

I don't understand this thinking. Sure, Lafell and Boyd are capable but they are not deep threats that open up the Offense.

John Ross is, and a bag of chips. Mellow

I completely agree with what you are saying, but I don't think the success of the season hinges as much on Ross as it does the other guys being healthy and playing.

Rookies take time to get acclimated.  If we are hoping for a rookie to make or break the season, we are in trouble.  I'm just hoping that Mixon and Ross are hitting full stride by week 12.
Reply/Quote
(06-12-2017, 12:45 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: I completely agree with what you are saying, but I don't think the success of the season hinges as much on Ross as it does the other guys being healthy and playing.

Rookies take time to get acclimated.  If we are hoping for a rookie to make or break the season, we are in trouble.  I'm just hoping that Mixon and Ross are hitting full stride by week 12.

Yeah, maybe i am expecting too much of Ross but he is not just speed. He is a smart WR with good hands and
has an extensive route tree. He might catch on quicker than you think, i sure hope so anyways. Injuries are my
only question with John Ross, his shoulder to be precise.

His knees don't worry me. He says his knees are better than before he injured them and his play and that 4.22
forty pretty much confirm that.

Mixon is the rookie i expect to make the biggest impact this year though for sure and much earlier than week 12.

Week 1 we will most likely see Mixon making an impact since he is already better in pass protection than Hill.
Reply/Quote