Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2017 draft
(12-09-2016, 05:38 PM)Jpoore Wrote: Don't think he last that long think 5 rbs taken in first round this year

I don't know if we'll see 5 go in the first round. I know some people are all over RBs because of what Elliott is doing in Dallas, but he's playing behind the best OL in the NFL. Look at the 2015 guys. Gurley put together some great games his rookie year, but teams stacked the box and took him out. Gordon is getting his TDs in San Diego, but his rookie year was bad. He only has 5 games this year under 4.0 YPC, but he's only averaging 4.0 on the season.

Obviously it's still early so things can change, but I see only 2-3 RBs going int the first round this year.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2016, 05:46 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: I don't know if we'll see 5 go in the first round. I know some people are all over RBs because of what Elliott is doing in Dallas, but he's playing behind the best OL in the NFL. Look at the 2015 guys. Gurley put together some great games his rookie year, but teams stacked the box and took him out. Gordon is getting his TDs in San Diego, but his rookie year was bad. He only has 5 games this year under 4.0 YPC, but he's only averaging 4.0 on the season.

Obviously it's still early so things can change, but I see only 2-3 RBs going int the first round this year.

in LA case they are able to stack it bc they have no receiving threats but I see ur point. Here's who I think goes Texas rb Barkley mccafrey cook fournette. I personally don't think a qb goes in the first round I know it's unlikely but qb play is bad. 
Reply/Quote
I'd like to see us grab Reuben Foster (LB) or Jamal Adams (S) in the first round unless we go all in a trade up (Cleveland would always love to get more picks) to get Myles Garrett. Any of those 3 would instantly upgrade the defense.
“I’m Pacman Jones n****, what the [expletive] I got on me?”
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2016, 06:32 PM)lostpoet2 Wrote: I'd like to see us grab Reuben Foster (LB) or Jamal Adams (S) in the first round unless we go all in a trade up (Cleveland would always love to get more picks) to get Myles Garrett.  Any of those 3 would instantly upgrade the defense.

it's not worth it to trade up if eagles were up wehen they traded up we would never have got wjiii, Boyd,billings,or vigil. I want to trade down and grab 2 buckeyes elflien he's our biggest need then go and get McMillan our second biggest need both would be staples to our new core of incoming Bengals 
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2016, 04:19 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Do you really think that 2 running backs will go in the top 10?  I'm guessing Fournette will go top5-7, but Cook as well?

Great question Hammer, i like Dalvin better than Fournette myself but to each his own.

We will see, i would take Dalvin Cook even if it doesn't seem to be a dire need.

Gio injured, Hill trying to run like a scat back...

Would rather take a DE or a C, OT or versatile O-lineman but hey
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2016, 01:48 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: My vote right now is Elfein now after hearing what Sunset said about him. Got the Rimmington award.

It really is too bad that Butt didn't win the Rimmington award. 
Reply/Quote
Nah..just draft corners for the next 10 years and SURELY at least one of them will be able to start sometime before we all die from old age. Then rename the team to the Cincinnati Cornerback (who doesn't play for the first 3 years) Factory..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I want the same thing I wanted last year: a RDE that can get to QB. That said if Derek Barnett declares and is there then he would be my pick.
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2016, 05:08 PM)Jpoore Wrote: Lattinore did Vs Michigan but peppers did not.
Problem is according to a lot of mock he isn't lasting till the second and he is first round talent easy he's a thunper in the run game who can cover rbs and tight end with ease. Would rather trade down to late teens for a 3rd round  to get elflien then use that third and a 5th  to get the Browns second first round pick or a pick in late 20s to get McMillan imo we get the best lb with the most upside and the best center without giving anything up for the most part

http://www.espn.com/college-football/player/_/id/3115962/jabrill-peppers

Not that it matters, but Peppers did. It was on a tipped ball.
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2016, 10:32 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: http://www.espn.com/college-football/player/_/id/3115962/jabrill-peppers

Not that it matters, but Peppers did. It was on a tipped ball.

yeah after I posted I saw that. My problem is that a fs drafted in top 10 you have to be a ball hawk and he's not. 
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2016, 02:51 PM)Jpoore Wrote: yeah after I posted I saw that. My problem is that a fs drafted in top 10 you have to be a ball hawk and he's not. 

He's also not a free safety - he's a strong safety.

I can't see a scenario where I would want him in the top 10 if I'm the Bengals.  I can't actually see drafting safety in the first round if I'm the Bengals either.
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2016, 01:40 PM)MC Howley Wrote: Man never thought about us taking Jake Butt..... How insane would that be!?

Eifert and Butt.... Two studs... Would remind me of what the Pats tried to do before Hernandez started murdering people.

I can see the fantasy team name now...
"I fell and Eifert my Butt!"
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Players I like....

LB:
Reuben Foster, Zach Cunningham, Jalen Reeves-Maybin if he declares

DE:
Myles Garrett, Derek Barnett, DeMarcus Walker, Hunter Dimick

Safety:
Jamal Adams, Eddie Jackson

C:
Pat Elflein, Ethan Pocic

WR:
Mike Williams, Corey Davis, Malachi Dupre, Stacy Coley, Travin Dural

RB:
Leonard Fournette, Dalvin Cook, Christian McCaffrey, Kareem Hunt, James Conner

K:
Daniel Carlson, Zane Gonzalez
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(12-14-2016, 05:54 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Players I like....

LB:
Reuben Foster, Zach Cunningham, Jalen Reeves-Maybin if he declares

DE:
Myles Garrett, Derek Barnett, DeMarcus Walker, Hunter Dimick

Safety:
Jamal Adams, Eddie Jackson

C:
Pat Elflein, Ethan Pocic

WR:
Mike Williams, Corey Davis, Malachi Dupre, Stacy Coley, Travin Dural

RB:
Leonard Fournette, Dalvin Cook, Christian McCaffrey, Kareem Hunt, James Conner

K:
Daniel Carlson, Zane Gonzalez

Personally I'm worries about fournettes ankle issues. And no McMillan at lb?? I like Cunningham in the third though. Safety don't really see us drafting one for another year at least bc both are signed until 2020
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2016, 04:19 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Do you really think that 2 running backs will go in the top 10?  I'm guessing Fournette will go top5-7, but Cook as well?

I don't think we will be picking in the top 10. I think we will win atleast 2 of the last 3 games.

Honestly see us winning out and going 8-7-1.
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2016, 03:07 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I don't think we will be picking in the top 10. I think we will win atleast 2 of the last 3 games.

Honestly see us winning out and going 8-7-1.

I'd be shocked to see us beat Pittsburgh this weekend as well as Houston on the road on Christmas eve.

If we finish 7-8-1 or 6-9-1 we will be in the top 10.  I'm not really swayed too much by beating the worst team in the league (Browns) and another last place team (Eagles).

I think the sledding gets much tougher against Pittsburgh without AJ and down in Houston when the Texans need to win.
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2016, 05:06 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: I'd be shocked to see us beat Pittsburgh this weekend as well as Houston on the road on Christmas eve.

If we finish 7-8-1 or 6-9-1 we will be in the top 10.  I'm not really swayed too much by beating the worst team in the league (Browns) and another last place team (Eagles).

I think the sledding gets much tougher against Pittsburgh without AJ and down in Houston when the Texans need to win.

Eh, the Steelers aren't anything special and we could of beat them in their place the first time around if they
didn't have the refs in their pockets. I know they have Bell back and Ladarius Green might hurt us a bit but i
think our Defense will be pumped after Bell's comments. Our Defense gives Pitt problems, especially Ben.

The Texans Offense is terrible and our Defense has been playing much better lately.

The Texans coach isn't Kubiak either who Marv always had a tough time coaching against.

We should beat the Ravens in our place.

You could be right but i see us winning out and picking in the middle of the first.
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2016, 01:40 PM)MC Howley Wrote: Man never thought about us taking Jake Butt..... How insane would that be!?

Eifert and Butt.... Two studs... Would remind me of what the Pats tried to do before Hernandez started murdering people.

We drafted a guy that the Bengals called "the best pass-catching TE in the draft" in Tyler Kroft.  They used a third round pick on him, and he has had about 3 targets all year.  Wasting a pick on another TE in the draft would be just that.  CJ Uzomah looked really good with Eifert out, but they never play with two on the field at the same time.

So many teams are playing two TE sets in the red zone, even three TE sets, and the Bengals keep Eifert in to block against pitt.  Unless you fire the OC and get one that knows how to use a TE, picking another one would be more than stupid.  
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2016, 12:12 AM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Great question Hammer, i like Dalvin better than Fournette myself but to each his own.

We will see, i would take Dalvin Cook even if it doesn't seem to be a dire need.

Gio injured, Hill trying to run like a scat back...

Would rather take a DE or a C, OT or versatile O-lineman but hey

I like him better too......at least Cook won't be sitting out his bowl game and abandoning his teammates.  That's Bush League.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(12-21-2016, 10:31 AM)Wyche Wrote: I like him better too......at least Cook won't be sitting out his bowl game and abandoning his teammates.  That's Bush League.

Coaches abandon their teams all the time. Coaches don't let players out of their scholarships to transfer to another school.

Look what happened to Jaylon Smith last year. 
Reply/Quote