Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2017 saints
In the 2017 draft the Saints we're coming off their third 7-9 season in a row. They were in desperate need of help. They traded there top WR in Brandon Cooks to the Patriots for a 1st Rd pick in.
In the 2017 draft they drafted 5 starters in that draft. Marshaun Lattimore, Marcus Williams, Ryan Ramshack, Alex Anzalone, and Alvin Kamera.
To the people that say it is impossible to improve the team in one off season. I say look at the 2017 Saints a team that made it to the NFC conference semifinals and a team who right now is the best in the NFL.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
1980 Bengals 6-10. Five years since last winning season.
1987 Bengals 4-11. One winning season in previous 6 years.
Reply/Quote
Yes and Mike Brown keeps thinking he is 'one good draft' away from a winning team. The Saints saw 7-9 as unacceptable, Mikey sees 7-9 as being 'in the mix and going in the right direction'
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2018, 04:31 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: In the 2017 draft the Saints we're coming off their third 7-9 season in a row. They were in desperate need of help. They traded there top WR in Brandon Cooks to the Patriots for a 1st Rd pick in.
In the 2017 draft they drafted 5 starters in that draft. Marshaun Lattimore, Marcus Williams, Ryan Ramshack, Alex Anzalone, and Alvin Kamera.
To the people that say it is impossible to improve the team in one off season. I say look at the 2017 Saints a team that made it to the NFC conference semifinals and a team who right now is the best in the NFL.

Under our Player Personnel Department we have 8 people listed. 1 is a personal assistant. One is a technology assistant.
https://www.bengals.com/team/front-office-roster/

The Saints have 20 listed. 20! And that doesn't count Mickey Loomis who is their GM.
https://www.neworleanssaints.com/team/front-office-roster/
Reply/Quote
... They also had one of the best QBs to ever play the game, and one of the best offensive-minded coaches the NFL has seen.

We have neither. And our newly-revealed backup plan at HC is even worse!

Honestly, what in the world is Mike Brown doing. I'm so appalled by these decisions.
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2018, 04:53 PM)I_C_DeadPeople Wrote:  The Saints saw 7-9 as unacceptable,

Not just 7-9, but three straight losing seasons.

In that situation don't they have to blame the head coach for everything and fire him?
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2018, 04:53 PM)I_C_DeadPeople Wrote: Yes and Mike Brown keeps thinking he is 'one good draft' away from a winning team. The Saints saw 7-9 as unacceptable, Mikey sees 7-9 as being 'in the mix and going in the right direction'

(11-26-2018, 05:00 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Under our Player Personnel Department we have 8 people listed. 1 is a personal assistant. One is a technology assistant.

The Saints have 20 listed. 20! And that doesn't count Mickey Loomis who is their GM.

(11-26-2018, 05:03 PM)thillan Wrote: ... They also had one of the best QBs to ever play the game, and one of the best offensive-minded coaches the NFL has seen.

Honestly, what in the world is Mike Brown doing. I'm so appalled by these decisions.
Point being it is possible to turn this thing around. If Mike can get his head out of his ass then it's possible. You people want to concentrate on the negative and not accept that there is a possible solution to the problem.
J24

Reply/Quote
(11-26-2018, 05:07 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: Point being it is possible to turn this thing around. If Mike can get his head out of his ass then it's possible. You people want to concentrate on the negative and not accept that there is a possible solution to the problem.

I think we all agree it can be done, but most of us know Mikey will never operate in that fashion. That is reality. No urgency, no desire, no accountability. Just count the cash every year

Reply/Quote
(11-26-2018, 05:07 PM)fredtoast Wrote: In that situation don't they have to blame the head coach for everything and fire him?

Only if you purposefully ignore his prior work before those 3 seasons. Payton had 4 straight 11+ win years, was 6-4 in the postseason and had a SB title. In that situation, you can give a coach some extra rope because he had proven what he's capable of and had results to back it up.

In comparison, Marvin is working on a possible 3rd straight losing season. His biggest accomplishment is 5 straight playoff appearances that ended in one and done's. He hasn't exactly earned the same amount of slack, although Mike continues to give it to him anyway.
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2018, 05:07 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: Point being it is possible to turn this thing around. If Mike can get his head out of his ass then it's possible. You people want to concentrate on the negative and not accept that there is a possible solution to the problem.

No, I don't think it's impossible.

What I AM saying is that you have to keep in mind that they had (have) top level talent at 2 of the most important positions in the sport: QB and HC.

That's a MASSIVE jump from where we are. Our problems are much deeper than theirs based on that alone.

Not to mention we just shelled out a ton of money to a few guys who now look like they can't get it done anymore.

Rough spot to climb out of. It's hard not to feel negative when you can see the massive black cloud looming over the horizon, and us fans seem to have no power whatsoever to stop it, since our owner couldn't care less about what we think. 

I'm SERIOUSLY concerned that we are about to become the new Cleveland Browns. That won't be fun to watch.
Reply/Quote
Rams rebuilt quickly as well and turfed fisher who was basically the same as ML.

Reply/Quote
(11-26-2018, 05:20 PM)I_C_DeadPeople Wrote: Rams rebuilt quickly as well and turfed fisher who was basically the same as ML.

Last week and all the weeks prior I would've said "Heck yea! Let's do it!"

But now that it is believed that Hue is the succession plan.. what's the point?

Personally I'd love someone from Andy Reid's coaching tree, or a successful college coach with an emphasis on creative offense.
Reply/Quote
Hue is Poo.

We know it and the league knows it...not sure Mikey does though

Reply/Quote
(11-26-2018, 04:31 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: In the 2017 draft the Saints we're coming off their third 7-9 season in a row. They were in desperate need of help. They traded there top WR in Brandon Cooks to the Patriots for a 1st Rd pick in.

All those guys you listed from the draft were within the first three rounds. This should emphasize:
1) How important it is to have many early-round picks
2) How important it is to hit on your early-round picks

The Bengals will not have any extra picks within the first three rounds. They will have to trade players and/or picks to accomplish that.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(11-26-2018, 05:19 PM)thillan Wrote: No, I don't think it's impossible.

What I AM saying is that you have to keep in mind that they had (have) top level talent at 2 of the most important positions in the sport: QB and HC.

That's a MASSIVE jump from where we are. Our problems are much deeper than theirs based on that alone.

Not to mention we just shelled out a ton of money to a few guys who now look like they can't get it done anymore.

Rough spot to climb out of. It's hard not to feel negative when you can see the massive black cloud looming over the horizon, and us fans seem to have no power whatsoever to stop it, since our owner couldn't care less about what we think. 

I'm SERIOUSLY concerned that we are about to become the new Cleveland Browns. That won't be fun to watch.
1.) Atkins and Dunlap are not done both are on Pace to have 10 sacks this season and 10 tackles for loss.
2.) I would agree that Sean and Drew are better than Marvin and Andy. However I would take our Dline over theirs, our secondary over theirs,  our RB over theirs, and our Wrs over theirs. Also Andy and Marvin are not terrible at there job like most on here believe. Andy needs a couple peaces around him particularly on the line. Marvin needs to go but that has more to do with being in a place for 16 seasons then him being a bad coach.
J24

Reply/Quote
(11-26-2018, 05:07 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Not just 7-9, but three straight losing seasons.

In that situation don't they have to blame the head coach for everything and fire him?

That head coach won a super bowl and multiple playoff wins for them. How is that even comparable to Marvin ?
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2018, 05:00 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Under our Player Personnel Department we have 8 people listed. 1 is a personal assistant. One is a technology assistant.

Bingo !

(11-26-2018, 05:03 PM)thillan Wrote: ... They also had one of the best QBs to ever play the game, and one of the best offensive-minded coaches the NFL has seen.

And Bingo again !

This team desperately needs a new offensive mined HC and OC and a real football GM
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2018, 05:29 PM)ochocincos Wrote: All those guys you listed from the draft were within the first three rounds. This should emphasize:
1) How important it is to have many early-round picks
2) How important it is to hit on your early-round picks

The Bengals will not have any extra picks within the first three rounds. They will have to trade players and/or picks to accomplish that.
I know part of the plan would be to trade AJ for a first and a third or Boyd for a second. Also would trade Vontaz for whatever we could get back.
J24

Reply/Quote
(11-26-2018, 05:07 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Not just 7-9, but three straight losing seasons.

Very poor try Fred, not even in the same galaxy as Merv
Reply/Quote

The GM that hasn't won a playoff game in 26+ years will turn us around!
Reply/Quote