Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2017 saints
(11-26-2018, 04:31 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: In the 2017 draft the Saints we're coming off their third 7-9 season in a row. They were in desperate need of help. They traded there top WR in Brandon Cooks to the Patriots for a 1st Rd pick in.
In the 2017 draft they drafted 5 starters in that draft. Marshaun Lattimore, Marcus Williams, Ryan Ramshack, Alex Anzalone, and Alvin Kamera.
To the people that say it is impossible to improve the team in one off season. I say look at the 2017 Saints a team that made it to the NFC conference semifinals and a team who right now is the best in the NFL.

Well, that is the Saints, who also had a good draft in 2016 when the drafted Michael Thomas in the 2nd.

We have Mike Brown.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-26-2018, 05:46 PM)motoarch Wrote: Drew Brees

Andy Dalton

You mean to tell me dalton isnt brees? But i got fans telling me hes better,why was the announcers comparing mayfield to brees but not Andy? They are morons!
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2018, 10:52 PM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: You mean to tell me dalton isnt brees? But i got fans telling me hes better,

No you don't.

As usual you are just making stuff up and claiming it is true.
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2018, 10:54 PM)fredtoast Wrote: No you don't.

As usual you are just making stuff up and claiming it is true.

What? You are one of the guys that told me that. Why would you lie to me?
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2018, 05:45 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Yeah...but if we can just hit big on 3 draft picks next year! Reality is we rarely hit on 1 in Year 1.

I suppose you're about to tell me how we hit on Price, Bates, and Hubbard this year? 2 of those 3 being terrible players currently. 1 being Good.

No, but I will point out that we drafted three Pro Bowl players in 2010 (Gresham, Dunlap, Atkins); 2 more Pro Bowlers and a top starter in 2011 (Dalton, Green, Boling); and 4 more players in 2012 who all received huge free agent contracts (Kirkpatrick, Zeitler, Sanu, Jones) plus another guy who was a 5 year starter in the league (Iloka).

That is a ton of talent in three years.  I don't expect drafts like that every year, but it is not impossible
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2018, 10:58 PM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: What? You are one of the guys that told me that. Why would you lie to me?

No.  I never said that.  You are just making up more stuff.

If I said it post a link.
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2018, 11:07 PM)fredtoast Wrote: No, but I will point out that we drafted three Pro Bowl players in 2010 (Gresham, Dunlap, Atkins); 2 more Pro Bowlers and a top starter in 2011 (Dalton, Green, Boling); and 4 more players in 2012 who all received huge free agent contracts (Kirkpatrick, Zeitler, Sanu, Jones) plus another guy who was a 5 year starter in the league (Iloka).

That is a ton of talent in three years.  I don't expect drafts like that every year, but it is not impossible

Aren't you arguing that Marvin has had utter crap to work with in another thread? The pre Marvin Mike Brown led Bengals rarelyror never had one single draft as good as that, damn sure nothing remotely resembling a 3 year stretch like that!
Go Benton Panthers!!
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2018, 11:16 PM)SladeX Wrote: Aren't you arguing that Marvin has had utter crap to work with in another thread? The pre Marvin Mike Brown led Bengals rarelyror never had one single draft as good as that, damn sure nothing remotely resembling a 3 year stretch like that!

BINGO
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2018, 11:07 PM)fredtoast Wrote: No, but I will point out that we drafted three Pro Bowl players in 2010 (Gresham, Dunlap, Atkins); 2 more Pro Bowlers and a top starter in 2011 (Dalton, Green, Boling); and 4 more players in 2012 who all received huge free agent contracts (Kirkpatrick, Zeitler, Sanu, Jones) plus another guy who was a 5 year starter in the league (Iloka).

And that set the table for us to be competitive for half a decade after. Now most of those guys are gone...as are Whitworth and Zeitler. And the guys we drafted to replace them haven't produced.
Reply/Quote