Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
***2018 BENGALS FREE AGENCY TRACKER***
2018 Cap Status
Total Cap Spent: 26,486,250
Total Cap Saved: 5,300,000 (Adam Jones option)
Adjusted Cap Spending: 21,186,250
Estimate Cap Remaining: 18,189,193

Trades
T- Cordy Glenn, picks #21 and #158 from Bills for picks #12 and #187. (11.25m cap # in '18)

Free Agents Signed
T/G- Bobby Hart (cut by Giants) signed to 1 yr- 955k deal. (955k cap #)
DT- Chris Baker (cut by Bucs) signed to 1 yr- 3m deal. (2.431,250m cap #)
LB- Preston Brown signed to 1 yr- 4m deal. (4m cap #)
QB- Matt Barkley signed to 2 yr- 3.35m deal w/ 3m in possible incentives. (1.425m cap # in '18)

Free Agents Re-signed
P- Kevin Huber signed to 3 yr- 7.95m deal. (2.3m cap # in '18)
TE- Tyler Eifert signed to 1 yr- 5.5m deal w/ 3m in possible incentives. (4.125m cap #)

Released/Waived
CB- Adam Jones (option declined)

Free Agent Departures
DE- Chris Smith (Browns) 3yr- 12m
T- Andre Smith (Cardinals) 2 yr- 8m
QB- AJ McCarron (Bills) 2 yr- 10m w/ 6.5m in possible incentives.
RB- Jeremy Hill (Patriots)
C- Russell Bodine (Bills)

Free Agents Remaining
DT- Pat Sims
LB- Kevin Minter
T- Eric Winston
RB- Cedric Peerman
Reply/Quote
I was afraid we would lose Huber. There was chatter today Chicago was interested. However, if it was decent, I guess I could have accepted. Not like it would have been letting go of Whit and Zeit. But still pretty important.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2018, 09:15 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I was afraid we would lose Huber. There was chatter today Chicago was interested. However, if it was decent, I guess I could have accepted. Not like it would have been letting go of Whit and Zeit. But still pretty important.

Yeah, I'm glad they were able to bring him back. Year after year, he just consistently does his job very well. 
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2018, 09:36 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Yeah, I'm glad they were able to bring him back. Year after year, he just consistently does his job very well. 

After the Terrence Garvin hit, he wasnt rattled and came back and played the game without fear. Love the dedication from this guy! Friggen punter with the heart of a soldier! Gotta love it!

Reply/Quote
Honestly, I'd just be talking to Eifert at this point. I'm fine letting the rest of our FAs walk.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2018, 01:12 AM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Honestly, I'd just be talking to Eifert at this point. I'm fine letting the rest of our FAs walk.

Same, no one special there. Happy we brought Eifert back for an incentive laden 1 year deal.

Bring in a Linebacker or WR and i will be happy with our moves.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2018, 08:51 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Trades

T- Cordy Glenn, picks #21 and #158 from Bills for picks #12 and #187.

Free Agents Signed

T/G- Bobby Hart
DT- Chris Baker 

Free Agents Re-signed

P- Kevin Huber
TE- Tyler Eifert

Released/Waived

CB- Adam Jones (option declined)

Free Agent Departures

DE- Chris Smith (Browns)
T- Andre Smith (Cardinals)
QB- AJ McCarron (Bills)

Free Agents Remaining

C- Russell Bodine
RB- Jeremy Hill
DT- Pat Sims
LB- Kevin Minter
T- Eric Winston
RB- Cedric Peerman

Perhaps make a designation that Baker and Hart were cut by their previous teams and therefore don't affect comp picks? Some people might want to use this list to try to calculate comp picks.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Well remove back up QB from draft list. Bengals signing Matt Barkley to 2 year deal. The draft is set up for BPA in rounds 1 to 3 with one major need, as stud center or guard.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2018, 11:58 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Well remove back up QB from draft list. Bengals signing Matt Barkley to 2 year deal. The draft is set up for BPA in rounds 1 to 3 with one major need, as stud center or guard.

Bringing in Preston Brown and now hearing Bodine signed with the Bills sure was awesome.

Really happy with this FA, now we can get our Center in the Draft and we are sitting pretty.
Reply/Quote