Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2018 CFL Season
Well, it's mid-June, so that can only mean one thing: Football!!!

Yes, the Canadian Football League regular season kicks off tonight, and thousands of Canadians, and perhaps dozens of Americans, will be glued to their tv sets waiting anxiously for that first rouge to be scored. For those craving a football fix, and with pre-season still almost two months away, our gracious neighbors to the north have provided.

For those interested, ESPN2 is televising live games tonight, tomorrow night, and a double-header on Saturday evening. Will you tune in? Maybe buy a Manziel Tigers Cats jersey? Or, like me, are you just counting down the days until Halifax gets that expansion team?
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(06-14-2018, 07:42 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Well, it's mid-June, so that can only mean one thing: Football!!!

Yes, the Canadian Football League regular season kicks off tonight, and thousands of Canadians, and perhaps dozens of Americans, will be glued to their tv sets waiting anxiously for that first rouge to be scored. For those craving a football fix, and with pre-season still almost two months away, our gracious neighbors to the north have provided.

For those interested, ESPN2 is televising live games tonight, tomorrow night, and a double-header on Saturday evening. Will you tune in? Maybe buy a Manziel Tigers Cats jersey? Or, like me, are you just counting down the days until Halifax gets that expansion team?

First rouge LOL

FTR, we never and I mean NEVER call it a rouge: simply a single lol.

It reminds me of this Simpsons clip though:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3awMcVW0KU8
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
thebengalsboard.com/Thread-James-Wilder-Jr--16151?highlight=wilder
Reply/Quote
For reasons I cannot explain I've somehow become somewhat interested in the Ottawa REDBLACKS which is almost always written in ALL CAPS!  The BENGALS should be in ALL CAPS so people will know we're yelling the name of OUR TEAM. They beat Saskatchewan 40-17! ... uhhh.. yey.. 

By the way, whatever happened to Dan Feraday? The Bengals once signed the most prolific Canadian QB..

Quote:The Bengals selected Feraday in the 12th round of the NFL draft of college players in May. Cincinatti offensive co-ordinator Lindy Infante described Feraday as 'the most accurate thing I have seen on film this year. He's calm, cool, and has a great sense of awareness of the field. If he played U.S. college football, he would have been drafted among the top three quarterbacks,' Infante said.
I feel confident that the Bengals will soon have the NFL version of Joey Votto..  Ya think? Maybe not.  
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
A lot of former NFL guys there. Game is a lot faster but getting used to three downs instead of four and the field goal being at the beginning of the endzone.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Have never watched but think I will give it a try.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Watching the Winnipeg/Hamilton game tonight. Fairly competitive match, so far. Good bit of trickery and misdirection compared to NFL games.

Anyway, Winnipeg runs what appears to be a sweep to the Left side of the field, RB is hemmed in so he throws a pass that falls incomplete. The joy of the open mic allows us to hear someone from the Hamilton bench protesting about "lineman down field", and then a few seconds later on the Winnipeg sideline we hear "I don't know. That was an effed up call, effed up call". LOL

Good stuff..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote