4)#32!! Mark Walton RB Miami
https://youtu.be/zTl8921o_MI

5) #35 Davontae Harris CB Illinois State
https://youtu.be/bZxrvQ-Bxv4

5) #93 Andrew Brown 5T Virginia
https://youtu.be/ARBaG0elocc

5) #38 Darius Phillips CB/KR Western Michigan
https://youtu.be/bHTQLLIALbg
One of my favorite picks in the entire draft! ( Great Value)

7)#5 Logan Woodside QB Toledo
https://youtu.be/e_HQOUFoO9w
Vs Miami Fla

7)#64 Rod Taylor G/T Ole Miss
https://youtu.be/vYM_KGm7dk0

7)#19 Auden Tate WR FSU
https://youtu.be/IoTlCwc5euQ
I like him to make the 53!!! Sleeper 

UDFA
Ja'Von Rolland Jones EDGE Arkansas State
https://youtu.be/n3ocob8NQVw

I was hoping for more offensive lineman but we finally have a CENTER!!!! Good draft overall imo!!
See y'all in August! Go Bengals
Reply/Quote
Your going to get good and bad on this thread. I think we did better than many think, but didn’t hit the grand slam.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2018, 10:24 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Your going to get good and bad on this thread. I think we did better than many think, but didn’t hit the grand slam.

Agreed.

I thought that the 4th round was the place to get that other offensive lineman . I'm just hoping that guys like come in hungry and ready to be coached up!
Ced/Fisher/Westerman/Redmond....My guess :
Ced RG, Fisher RT
Reply/Quote
I didn't know much about Ja'Von Rolland-Jones... looks like he had quite the career at Arkansas State.
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2018, 01:28 AM)Domata94 Wrote: I didn't know much about Ja'Von Rolland-Jones... looks like he had quite the career at Arkansas State.

Did he actually sign as UDFA?
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(05-02-2018, 03:02 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Did he actually sign as UDFA?

As far as I know he was a priority sign right after the draft.
Reply/Quote
Good share, lot's of good stuff to watch, and help to get acquainted with the new recruits. I enjoyed all of the videos, but I'll add this. Sure, Billy Price will make a dramatic impact on offense, but Bates, Phillips and Jefferson are really going to turn some heads on defense this year. Talk about bringing in quality competition to challenge the status quo!

How in the hell was Darius Phillips just sitting around, at the end of the 5th round? If that guy played for a power 5 school, he would have easily been 1st/2nd round selection, as most of his big plays were against superior competition or the best in their conference. Bates is for sure going to push someone off of the roster, that guy plays up against tough competition as well. I look for Jefferson to put someone out of a job, as well.

Hubbard, Taylor and Brown better bring their lunch to camp, cause they got their work cut out for them if they want to get on this team.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Bump.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
If we get 2 guys out of there that are quality starters and 2 backups that play and a couple special teamers then we did well.

Price iz being handed a starting job so there's 1 starter. I think Hubbard could see a lot of PT.
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2018, 04:22 PM)Neon Icon Wrote: If we get 2 guys out of there that are quality starters and 2 backups that play and a couple special teamers then we did well.

Price iz being handed a starting job so there's 1 starter. I think Hubbard could see a lot of PT.

I think that you have you a couple players who could start game one. Price/Jefferson.

Heavy Snaps: Bates,Phillips( Playmakers find a way)

Rotational: Hubbard, Walton 

Wildcard: Andrew Brown ( If he plays angry lookout)

Auden Tate- I just believe that he could find himself on the 53 if he puts it all together. He didn't run well at the combine but he tracks as good as anyone so keep tabs on this guy.

Injuries happen so you never know
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2018, 03:41 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Bump.

Cool :)
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2018, 08:31 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: How in the hell was Darius Phillips just sitting around, at the end of the 5th round?  If that guy played for a power 5 school, he would have easily been 1st/2nd round selection, as most of his big plays were against superior competition or the best in their conference. 

Also, how does Rollins Jones tie Terrell Suggs for most sacs in NCAA history, and go undrafted? I think we got a couple of steals... and I really like Jefferson, I think he will be huge for us.
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2018, 07:03 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Also, how does Rollins Jones tie Terrell Suggs for most sacs in NCAA history, and go undrafted? I think we got a couple of steals... and I really like Jefferson, I think he will be huge for us.

I like him too.  And I didn't realize until I was looking over his draft profile, that he ran a 4.52 in the 40.  That's faster than a lot of TEs, RBs, and even some WRs.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2018, 07:23 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I like him too.  And I didn't realize until I was looking over his draft profile, that he ran a 4.52 in the 40.  That's faster than a lot of TEs, RBs, and even some WRs.

Yep, he will be a sideline to sideline linebacker. Pairing him with Burfict and Preston has me excited.
Reply/Quote
Great thread, After watching the video's I think we picked up a lot of quality players here. A good few of them should make the 53 and I really hope we did sign Rolland Jones.
The boy looks quality, can't believe he went undrafted
Reply/Quote
Here is what is going to happen.  One or more of the guys that are getting a lot of love will be flops, and with six picks in the 5th and later we willprobably get a guy who contributes a lot to the team.

The draft is a huge gamble.  Even at the top.  You are more likely to get good players in the first round, but every year there are MULTIPLE first round picks that flop.  And it is more rare to good players in the fifth or later there are several from each round that become good players.  There are also going to be a few unbdrafted free agents around the league that become starters.

I used to follow the draft and really get into analyzing college players.  I wasn't really "scouting".  I was just collecting other poinions from around the web.  It was a lot of fun and I don't mean to make fun of the guys who do it, but it is mostly a crap shoot.  Even the best teams in the league make bad draft choices.  There are just too many personality variables of 19-20 year olds that can not be measured.  You don't really know what you haver until they take the field against the best players on the planet.  

But here are my takes.

Price......Instant starter.  Best Center we have had in years. (Braham's a little overrated)

Jesse Bates FS.....Will play 30-50 percent of the snaps.  Major piece of our defense.

Sam Hubbard DE...Might take MJ's DE snaps immediately.  Might need a year to adapt to NFL.  At this point I will avert my eyes from the list of D-linemen we have taken in the second and third rounds over the previous 6 drafts

Malik Jefferson LB....Don't like what I have read about him, but the reason we got Dunlap in the wecond round was his supposed lack of fire and focus.  If we can coach this guy up he could be a huge help at a very thin position.

Mark Walton RB....Wish we had taken another position, but a lot of people are saying this was a great value pick.  Hope he can replace Peermans ST production.  It would be nice to be able to just carry 3 RBs.  

Davontae Harris CB....Don't know anything about him, but one of these 5th-7th rounders will proabably be a good player for the Bengals over the years.

Andrew Brown 5T......My favorite of the 5th-7th picks.  My 4th favorite overall.  I really like this guy.  We had some of our bests defenses when we had high quality rotation guys like Rucker, Fanene, and Gilberry on the D-line.

Darius Phillips CB/KR.....See "Devontea Harris"

Logan Woodside QB....See "Devontea Harris"

Rod Taylor G/T.....See "Devontea Harris" (could benefit from weak competition)

Auden Tate WR....See "Devontea Harris"
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2018, 09:23 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Here is what is going to happen.  One or more of the guys that are getting a lot of love will be flops, and with six picks in the 5th and later we willprobably get a guy who contributes a lot to the team.

The draft is a huge gamble.  Even at the top.  You are more likely to get good players in the first round, but every year there are MULTIPLE first round picks that flop.  And it is more rare to good players in the fifth or later there are several from each round that become good players.  There are also going to be a few unbdrafted free agents around the league that become starters.

I used to follow the draft and really get into analyzing college players.  I wasn't really "scouting".  I was just collecting other poinions from around the web.  It was a lot of fun and I don't mean to make fun of the guys who do it, but it is mostly a crap shoot.  Even the best teams in the league make bad draft choices.  There are just too many personality variables of 19-20 year olds that can not be measured.  You don't really know what you haver until they take the field against the best players on the planet.  

Nice realistic take on the draft in general and this years in particular.   Here are my feelings in addition to yours:

Price......Instant starter.  Best Center we have had in years. (Braham's a little overrated)  Definite upgrade - we'll see how good

Jesse Bates FS.....Will play 30-50 percent of the snaps.  Major piece of our defense.  Looked at some film of Bates.   He looks REALLY good.  Big upgrade in center field, and makes 3 safety sets pretty nifty.

Sam Hubbard DE...Might take MJ's DE snaps immediately.  Might need a year to adapt to NFL.  At this point I will avert my eyes from the list of D-linemen we have taken in the second and third rounds over the previous 6 drafts  Loved his highlights, but they were highlights and this is the pros.  I did get a tweak from seeing him beat Quentin Nelson.  But as you put we have had a poor history of DEs (or any position) in the 3rd round.   Jury is still out on Willis.

Malik Jefferson LB....Don't like what I have read about him, but the reason we got Dunlap in the wecond round was his supposed lack of fire and focus.  If we can coach this guy up he could be a huge help at a very thin position.  Looked at some of his film.  One minute he was a stud and the next looked lost.  He certainly has the physical ability.   But it's all about what's in his heart and between his ears.

Mark Walton RB....Wish we had taken another position, but a lot of people are saying this was a great value pick.  Hope he can replace Peermans ST production.  It would be nice to be able to just carry 3 RBs.  He looked GREAT on film.  Fine acceleration, great contact balance and good vision.

Davontae Harris CB....Don't know anything about him, but one of these 5th-7th rounders will proabably be a good player for the Bengals over the years.  He looked pretty good on film, but I did not see a lot.

Andrew Brown 5T......My favorite of the 5th-7th picks.  My 4th favorite overall.  I really like this guy.  We had some of our bests defenses when we had high quality rotation guys like Rucker, Fanene, and Gilberry on the D-line.    Sounds really exciting, but looked "Meh" on film.

Darius Phillips CB/KR.....See "Devontea Harris"   Did not see any film, but sounds really promising

Logan Woodside QB....See "Devontea Harris"     See Phillips

Rod Taylor G/T.....See "Devontea Harris" (could benefit from weak competition)   See Phillips.   Sounds like he could be a dominant road grading guard.

Auden Tate WR....See "Devontea Harris"   See Phillips.   Would like to see someone clearly beat out Core at this point  - or Core step up his game.   You have to like this guy's size and he sounds like a player.
Reply/Quote
(05-04-2018, 12:40 PM)3wt Wrote: Nice realistic take on the draft in general and this years in particular.   Here are my feelings in addition to yours:

Price......Instant starter.  Best Center we have had in years. (Braham's a little overrated)  Definite upgrade - we'll see how good

Jesse Bates FS.....Will play 30-50 percent of the snaps.  Major piece of our defense.  Looked at some film of Bates.   He looks REALLY good.  Big upgrade in center field, and makes 3 safety sets pretty nifty.

Sam Hubbard DE...Might take MJ's DE snaps immediately.  Might need a year to adapt to NFL.  At this point I will avert my eyes from the list of D-linemen we have taken in the second and third rounds over the previous 6 drafts  Loved his highlights, but they were highlights and this is the pros.  I did get a tweak from seeing him beat Quentin Nelson.  But as you put we have had a poor history of DEs (or any position) in the 3rd round.   Jury is still out on Willis.

Malik Jefferson LB....Don't like what I have read about him, but the reason we got Dunlap in the wecond round was his supposed lack of fire and focus.  If we can coach this guy up he could be a huge help at a very thin position.  Looked at some of his film.  One minute he was a stud and the next looked lost.  He certainly has the physical ability.   But it's all about what's in his heart and between his ears.

Mark Walton RB....Wish we had taken another position, but a lot of people are saying this was a great value pick.  Hope he can replace Peermans ST production.  It would be nice to be able to just carry 3 RBs.  He looked GREAT on film.  Fine acceleration, great contact balance and good vision.

Davontae Harris CB....Don't know anything about him, but one of these 5th-7th rounders will proabably be a good player for the Bengals over the years.  He looked pretty good on film, but I did not see a lot.

Andrew Brown 5T......My favorite of the 5th-7th picks.  My 4th favorite overall.  I really like this guy.  We had some of our bests defenses when we had high quality rotation guys like Rucker, Fanene, and Gilberry on the D-line.    Sounds really exciting, but looked "Meh" on film.

Darius Phillips CB/KR.....See "Devontea Harris"   Did not see any film, but sounds really promising

Logan Woodside QB....See "Devontea Harris"     See Phillips

Rod Taylor G/T.....See "Devontea Harris" (could benefit from weak competition)   See Phillips.   Sounds like he could be a dominant road grading guard.

Auden Tate WR....See "Devontea Harris"   See Phillips.   Would like to see someone clearly beat out Core at this point  - or Core step up his game.   You have to like this guy's size and he sounds like a player.

I think if they keep MJ it will be sliding him inside where hes been even better than on the edge... and let hubbard take some of the DE snaps.

We gotten away from the rotation that made the unit so nasty maybe we are close to being able to do that again.

And TATE took #19..

So we can all bust out our TATE jerseys agan
Reply/Quote
the QB we picked up was one of the most accurate in the draft... (suffered from a lot of dropped balls)
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2018, 10:18 PM)Emeritus Wrote: 5) #38 Darius Phillips CB/KR Western Michigan
https://youtu.be/bHTQLLIALbg
One of my favorite picks in the entire draft! ( Great Value)

This guy is a steal and a HELL of a playmaker!

I'm just hoping that Marvin doesn't stick with his loyalty problem and play Erickson when Phillips can light the field on fire with his explosive plays.

I'm also hoping that he gets some snaps on defense because I think he fits PERFECTLY into Austin's aggressive style and he can force turnovers and make plays!
Reply/Quote